SMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high-quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world’s top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
The SMEC Profile:
- It is our culture to celebrate diversity, employ great people and work on interesting projects
- We are a private company, wholly owned by our people
- We have an established network of over 70 permanent offices around the world and over 5,000 employees
- We offer our people opportunities to work, both in Australia and internationally, in the areas of: Transport; Water; Geotechnics and Tunnels; Environment; Urban Development; Hydropower and Energy; Social Development; Government and Advisory Services; and Mining, Oil and Gas.
We are currently seeking a talented Regional Manager West Africa to provide leadership, co-ordination and strategic direction to the activities of the region and collaboration with the wider SMEC business. The holder of this position will be a role model of the SMEC values, ethics and code of conduct and all aspects of this position will be carried out according to these guiding principles.
- Effective strategic planning and management of the region
- Achieve sustainable growth of the region through targeted client relationship management and business development activity
- Provide project governance, at project director level, of project management in the region to achieve reliable project performance in terms of sophistication, timeliness and quality.
- With support from functional management, provide leadership to the employees located in the region to ensure cohesion, optimal performance, resourcing, retention and professional development
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the local industry, identify emerging trends and feed this information to the Regional Functional Managers and other stakeholders
- Communicate frequently and effectively across the SMEC business to understand the internal business factors
- Interpret knowledge of the external and internal factors into a documented business plan for the region that is aligned with the business plan and synchronised with the functional business plans
- Understand the ‘whole of business’ risks within the region and escalate to RD level when identified
- Maintain knowledge of the capability within the region to be able to source and propose the best possible teams when required
- Plan the CRM and BD activity for the region with the functional managers and other key stakeholders
- Monitor local client relationship health and discuss with the Functional Regional Managers
- Identify and build relationships with the target clients
- Ensure tender submissions are of high quality
- Oversight and governance of projects in the region to resolve project issues and ensure project product is of high quality
- Promotion and application of internal project management requirements
- Provide coaching and support to project managers
- Technical problem solving
- Ensure the regional structure supports the delivery of the business plan
- Ensure projects are adequately resourced with appropriately qualified and experienced staff
- Participate in recruitment and retention activities as required
- Implement targeted development opportunities within the allocated budget
- Accountable for regular people management activities as required, including the salary review and performance management processes
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a related discipline
- Tertiary qualifications in business management (eg. MBA) highly regarded
- At least 10 year consulting experience in managing road/infrastructure/related projects successfully to budget and client specifications;
- At least five year experience in the co-ordination, design and delivery of major projects within multi-disciplinary engineering projects
- At least five years Experience in the coordination and development of major bids – with proven success
- Experienced in Managing and developing and resource diverse teams effectively
- Proficient in client management
- Experience in West Africa is an added advantage
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
How to apply
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at http://www.smec.com.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” link below and follow the prompts.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Entertainment10 hours ago
Regina Daniels Birthday: EVERYTHING You Need To Know
- Entertainment12 hours ago
‘My Landlady Chased Me Away And Started My Kind Of Business’ – Nkechi Blessing
- Politics14 hours ago
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari
- National News11 hours ago
Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos
- News Feed12 hours ago
Pasuma Says He Was Not Chased Out Of #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Video)
- News Feed14 hours ago
#EndSars: “I Was Paid N500 To Bring A Knife To The Protest Ground” – Man Confesses (VIDEO)
- National News16 hours ago
‘#EndSARS One Of The Most Successful Protest In Nigeria’: Lai Mohammed
- Entertainment16 hours ago
Davido Celebrates His Son, Ifeanyi On His First Birthday