The war against Boko Haram needs a firm President and could be won if President Goodluck Jonathan was not so gentle, a Nigerian-born U.S. Army Captain, Sunday Adebomi, said on Sunday.
Mr. Adebomi, who hails from Ise-Ekiti in Ise/Orun Local Government Area of Ekiti State and has been in the U.S. Army for almost two decades, said President Jonathan should set aside his gentility and introduce a hard stance to defeat the insurgents.
“There are several ways of wiping out the sect and end the killings. If government is determined to end Boko Haram today it will be achieved.
“Who are those in the sect that dare face the government? But unfortunately, I suspect there are some bigwigs behind these people.
“Mr President is being too gentle in his handling of the killings; but unfortunately, it is daily assuming dangerous dimension; gentility cannot win the war.
“Although gentility is not a crime but Mr President will have to be more aggressive because this is a security threat to the entire nation.
“Mr President will have to take a stand on the matter either to continue to tolerate the sect and leave Nigerians to be mourning every day with the several killings.
“Mr President should give a matching order to the military to wipe them off once and for all.
“Not until a strong stand is taken, Nigerians may not be able to sleep with their eyes closed,” he said.
Mr. Adebomi said the military had been doing a good job in the affected states but “they are fighting unknown faces and faceless groups.
“Government will have to first identify the cause of the problem, the root, sponsors, as well as where and how these insurgents get their weapons.
“The security agencies do not also understand the terrain they are fighting the war because most of them are alien to the battle fields.
“They know nothing about the sect, how then will they fight such war and think they will win; it is difficult.”
Mr. Adebomi said that the President could also compel the governors in the states to account for each soul lost to the insurgents.
“What I am simply saying is that the matter deserves an aggressive reaction; enough of a gentleman approach, because you don’t dialogue with faceless groups”, he said.
“The question we need to ask ourselves is: ‘When will enough be enough?’
I woke up this morning with this thought in my mind asking Nigerians when enough will be enough.
“Since this insurgency, what concrete intelligence step has the government taken apart from fire for fire, exposing ill equipped military men and women to excessive fire power of Boko Haram.
“Let us ask, when will enough be enough? Nigeria is dripping blood on daily basis; it is time the government woke up to its task”.
Several states in Northern Nigeria have suffered from attacks by Boko Haram insurgents, with Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe the most affected. Thousands of lives and property have been lost in the attacks. (NAN)
Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)
Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.
This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.
Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.
Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.
Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured
Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.
However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.
After Governor @jidesanwoolu said the "soldiers shot in the air to disperse the peaceful protesters." And thar their's no fatalities
Lagos youths set Governor's Mother's House on FIRE!! #PRAYFORNIGERIA#EndSARS #Lekkitollgate #LekkiGenocide #EndPoliceBrutalityinNigeraNOW pic.twitter.com/QaOvSHwXdk
— Nwachukwu John Owen (@johnowen99) October 21, 2020
#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)
Hoodlums have reportedly invaded the headquarters of popular news station, TVC, believed to be owned by National Leader of APC, Bola Tinubu.
According to reports, the staff of the news station are being trapped in the building located in Lagos.
The moment Morayo and Co decided to leave the station after it had been taken over by hoodlums.
— My Opinion (@Diji_O) October 21, 2020
Videos circulating online shows that properties in the compound have also been set ablaze.
The news station is currently off air and this comes hours after Nigerians accused the Lagos politician of having a hand in the #LekkiMassacre.
Information Nigeria recalls security agents had opened fire at peaceful #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Tollgate on Tuesday.
In a video circulating online, the anchors of one of the shows, ‘Your View’ were heard saying that there were hoodlums at their gate trying to break into the premises.
Watch the video clips below:
— Itz CakeByTolex (@tolulope_salako) October 21, 2020
— POSTNAIJA (@POSTNAIJA) October 21, 2020
— Angry mob attacks TVC , set the station on fire.. pic.twitter.com/xEDpLeWkpW
— VyrãlTreñdz (@TheVyralTrendz) October 21, 2020
‘Hoodlums’ have reportedly invaded news station, TVC and are attacking their people. pic.twitter.com/h90bWoL37o
— Pulse Nigeria (@PulseNigeria247) October 21, 2020
Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun
Some of the vehicles in the Governor’s convoy were also destroyed by the thugs but the Governor himself was evacuated to safety by his security team.
As the convoy was leaving the protest venue, some of the youths continued to stone his vehicles.
While the protest was disrupted, Governor Oyetola assured the injured victims that the government would be responsible for their medical bills.
- Entertainment23 hours ago
#EndSARS: ‘It Hurts Knowing This Country Has Potential’ – Singer Tekno
- National News24 hours ago
Police Ban All Forms Of Protest, Gatherings In Lagos
- News Feed21 hours ago
Manchester United Star Aaron Wan-Bissaka In Trouble As Side Chic Leaks Their After Sex Photos Ahead Of His Wife’s Delivery (Photos)
- News Feed21 hours ago
Celebrities blast lawmaker who setup billboard alleging Phyno and Flavour used #EndSARS protest to blackmail Enugu Govt.
- National News21 hours ago
IGP Deploys Personnel Over Attacks On Police Stations
- News Feed21 hours ago
Lagoon hospital reportedly under attack after allegedly rejecting a young man shot by security operatives (videos)
- News Feed19 hours ago
#EndSARS: Ekiti state government declares 24-hour curfew
- News Feed24 hours ago
#EndSARS: I won’t sign off 2021 budget without compensation for victims of police brutality: Gbajabiamila