Connect with us

Metro News

Post Ceasefire Announcement: Boko Haram Insurgents Strike Again In Borno

Published

on

Suspected Boko Haram fighters have attacked a Borno town, less than 24 hours after the Federal Government announced a ceasefire deal with the sect, laying credence to the doubts of some people who claim the deal was false.

Eight people were reported killed in the attack, which occurred around the hilly communities of Dzur in Hawul Local Government Area of Borno State. Dzur is a mountainous community harbouring terrorist camps along the Biu- Garkida- Gombi- Yola road where the late Emir of Gwoza, Alhaji Idrissa Timta, and some other people were ambushed and killed by suspected Boko Haram gunmen early this year. The eight persons killed included motorists and passengers whose vehicles were reportedly ambushed by insurgents.

A motorist, who narrowly escaped yesterday’s attack, Mallam Yakubu Ali Biu, said that the assailants, numbering over 50, armed with rifles and rocket propelled launchers, barricaded the highway and opened fire on motorists and passengers from Biu to Yola, which led to the killing of eight persons while many others sustained gunshot injuries, Vanguard reports.

The motorist, who told Vanguard that it was by the grace of God that he escaped, with some passengers, said “I was coming from Biu to Gombi when I sighted motorists running into the bush and in different directions. I began to hear sound of gunshots. I quickly made a U-turn back to Biu. A taxi driver who overtook me on the road around Tashan Alade was among the victims.”

Earlier, on Friday evening, suspected Boko Haram insurgents were said to have killed 10 persons in an attack in Malamfatori, headquarters of Abadam Local Government Area of Borno State.

The 10 people reportedly killed by gunmen in Malamfatori, Abadam local government area, on Friday, were said to have included a brother to a Director in the Ministry of Poverty Alleviation in Borno State.

Abadam is north and borders Niger and Chad Republic, about 270 kilometres from Maiduguri.

Although there were no comments from government officials over the alleged Boko Haram attacks, as they claim whatever they say could have a detrimental effect on the ongoing truce talks, Vanguard, however, quoted one of the officials as saying, “Our attitude is simply wait and see.”

Former Boko Haram negotiator Shehu Sani, had earlier expressed doubts over reports that the Nigerian military and Boko Haram have agreed a ceasefire.

According to Sani, sources have told him that Boko Haram members have denied knowing any Danladi Ahmadu, who the FG said negotiated on behalf of the sect, as their representative.

The reported imminent release of the abducted Chibok girls as part of the ceasefire deal, is however expected to determine if the FG negotiated with the real Boko Haram that took the girls from their school on April 14.

Continue Reading
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. makei talk

    October 19, 2014 at 6:30 am

    Agreements with blood thirty ILLITERATES?

  2. wada

    October 19, 2014 at 8:05 am

    You don’t make an agreement with those under the influence of demons. They don’t have the spirit of a living God

  3. Audu Musa

    October 19, 2014 at 12:00 pm

    All is of pilitics. GEJ and his selfish followers knows their plans toward winning 2015 election

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Published

on

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.

Continue Reading

Metro News

#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)

Published

on

#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)
Properties in the conpound on fire

Properties in the compound on fire

Hoodlums have reportedly invaded the headquarters of popular news station, TVC, believed to be owned by National Leader of APC, Bola Tinubu.

According to reports, the staff of the news station are being trapped in the building located in Lagos.

Videos circulating online shows that properties in the compound have also been set ablaze.

The news station is currently off air and this comes hours after Nigerians accused the Lagos politician of having a hand in the #LekkiMassacre.

Information Nigeria recalls security agents had opened fire at peaceful #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Tollgate on Tuesday.

In a video circulating online, the anchors of one of the shows, ‘Your View’ were heard saying that there were hoodlums at their gate trying to break into the premises.

Read Also: #EndSARS: Nigerian Army Denies Shooting At Protesters In Lekki

Watch the video clips below:

Continue Reading

Metro News

Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun

Published

on

Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun
Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun

#EndSARS protesters in Osun

The Governor of Osun State, Gboyega Oyetola on Saturday, escaped an attack by thugs which happened while he was addressing #EndSARS protesters in Osogbo, the state capital.

Some of the vehicles in the Governor’s convoy were also destroyed by the thugs but the Governor himself was evacuated to safety by his security team.

Also Read: #EndSARS: Hold Enugu State Govt Responsible If Anything Happens To Us – Phyno, Kcee, Zoro

As the convoy was leaving the protest venue, some of the youths continued to stone his vehicles.

While the protest was disrupted, Governor Oyetola assured the injured victims that the government would be responsible for their medical bills.

Continue Reading

Trending