Connect with us

News Feed

Photos: Nigerian airforce pilot reportedly beheaded by Boko Haram

Published

on

Capture2

A new video is reported to have been released to AP by Boko Haram men showing the beheading of a man said to be a military pilot who co-piloted the missing Naval air force jet.

The video also shows burnt out plane parts with Nigerian military markings. Two pilots and an Alpha jet have been missing since Sept. 11. Below is the report from AP…

A new video allegedly shows Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau disputing claims of his death, and the beheading of a man who identifies himself as the pilot of a missing Nigerian Air Force jet. It shows burnt out plane parts with Nigerian military markings, the first indication that Nigeria’s homegrown Islamic extremists have the capability to shoot down aircraft. The man beheaded with an axe identifies himself as a wing commander, saying he has not seen his second pilot since the jet was shot down.

Before his beheading, the pilot reportedly gave his name, rank and date of birth, which is 1975 and also said

“I’m a pilot of the Nigerian air-force. On September 11th, I was assigned on a mission to Kawuri, Borno state. During the mission we were shot down and our aircraft crashed. To this day, I don’t know the whereabouts of my second pilot. I was taken into the care of (Boko Haram). At the time of the crash, I sustained cuts and broken hand and some other injuries to the head.

After saying this, the pilot was forced to the ground and his head chopped off with a pick axe. The pilot is said to be a Wing Commander

The jet after it was allegedly shot down…

Continue Reading
7 Comments

7 Comments

  1. kingsley Onos

    October 3, 2014 at 4:15 pm

    I find this story quite conflicting and contradicting!where are the two men one pilot and the other an engineer who reported to base unhurt and which was announced and reported severally?by d way that pieces of an aircraft they r referring 2 d pieces of d plane boko haram allegedly shot down could be some scrab gathered from any scrabyard.The Malasian Plane that was shot down by rebels in Ukraine had fire on it and d area was clearly seen dis is just another cover by boko haram 2 show they r still in d game while actually their game is up!

    • Ymanoel

      October 3, 2014 at 6:00 pm

      Kinsgley Onos: there was a Helicopter that crashed at Bama: that is the one that the engineer managed to trek to civilisation, and was recovered. The Pilot [Nwakile] died, co-pilot survived.
      This one is an Alpha Jet with two pilots: it looks like it was shot down, and this pilot beheaded. I went to school with the Late Pilot.
      The fuselage can scatter without fire: if hit by heavy gunfire. It is very possible.
      This is very sad!

  2. dave

    October 4, 2014 at 1:14 am

    This should really piss off the NAF and NA they should not take this!! This should give. Them a reason to wipe this. Animals out once and for all!!

  3. makei talk

    October 4, 2014 at 9:03 am

    Naija no be like Israel or America! If you touch one of dem soldiers/ citizen, be rest asured that a lot of the enemies heads most roll. We dont place value on our own- i truly wonder why. ISLAM…ISLAM…ISLAM! When will this people stop this religious cruelty.

  4. Ferdosky

    October 4, 2014 at 4:50 pm

    Coming to think of it! What is BH lead time in preparing a Video? D NAF pilot shown in d news, dats if he is, is well shaved with low hair cut!CertaCertainly nd logically d beheading would av happened about 3 dys after declared missing i.e 14th sept. Infering 4rm dat also could mean video was shot b4 d claimed death of BH leader by Nigeria military… Ur guess is as good as mine! 4rm pictures we av seen of BH, shaving or linning of bears is not in their dictionary……

  5. Ferdosky

    October 4, 2014 at 5:18 pm

    Believe, the Nigerian military is winning the fight so far..
    No propaganda by BH will derail our army..
    God bless our army! God bless Nigeria!!!

  6. Adewale Alfred

    October 5, 2014 at 6:05 am

    Either the video is true or not my greatest concern is that Nigerian should be more prayerful so these evil trend will be a forgotten issue in our nation however,very unfortunate loosing great and intelligent officers and soldiers to this dreddful evil may God have mercy and come to our aid quickly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

‘We counted 15 dead bodies’ – DJ Switch breaks silence on Lekki shooting (video)

Published

on

'We counted 15 dead bodies' – DJ Switch breaks her silence on Lekki shooting (video)

 

Popular Nigerian DJ, Switch, has opened up on what happened in Lekki on Tuesday night.

Known as Obianuju Catherine Udeh, Switch said she counted 15 dead bodies during the shoot-out.

 

 

 

In a video she posted on her Instagram page, Switch asked the authorities not to insult the intelligence of Nigerians when giving their own account of what happened on that day.

According to her, the military aimed at endsars protesters as they fired gunshots. She also said that SARS officers came in after the military had left and also attacked them.

According to Switch she and others present counted over 15 bodies.

‘‘I just want to clear a few things that I have been seeing online. To our leaders, I urge you please do not minimize the suffering of families. Do not insult the grief of Nigerians, do not insult the intelligence of Nigerians. Do not insult the pains the families are facing.

People were falling left and right. Yes there were soldiers there. Another part that people are not talking about is that the police also came. The SARS people we are talking about, they also came, some maybe 40-45 minutes after the soldiers left.

We were teargassed. The teargass was like Cotonou pepper mixed with acid. We were running. We would run and we would come back and the only thing we fought with was our flags. We would sit on the floor and we would raise or hands up, raising our flags and singing the national anthem. That was all we had.

They put off the lights. Even if there was no power in that axis, there was always light at the tollgate. There was no lights. The street lights were off. It was pitch black.” she said

Speaking further, she said

”A boy jumped on me and was shouting cover her, cover her. I didn’t even understand why he did that. They shot that boy on my back. I fell and while the soldiers were picking their shells, we were running around and picking their shells too because we wanted proof.”

She showed photos of bullet shells picked from the ground. She showed the one that was fired close to her ears and the one that was removed from someone’s lap.

The military, they were there on Nigerian soil, killing Nigerian citizens. The police and their SARS like people came doing the same thing, aiming and shooting. They were pointing the gun at us and shooting live bullets. Who takes live bullets to a protest?

To our leaders, I urge you to please not insult the intelligence of Nigerians and the families.”

DJ Switch expressed regrets that she and others allowed the military to take the bodies of the deceased persons.

”Something I think of in hindsight I wish we hadn’t done it but we carried dead bodies and dropped at the feet of the soldiers so that they could see what they did to us. When I asked their unit commander why are you killing us? I wish we didn’t do that because they ended up throwing the bodies in their van. This was up until the next morning.” she said

She dissociated herself from the social media accounts claiming she said 78 persons died. She said she and others counted 15 dead bodies.

”I never said 78 people died. What I do know is that when I was doing the live, 7 people had died. When my phone died, we had counted about 15 people. I don’t know if it was more than that. We had a lot of people stray bullet wound, gunshot wounds, and all that.

People did die. It wasn’t photoshopped. I must be a tech genius to photoshop a live feed.” she said

She dismissed reports that her cousin died in the incident.

Thanking everyone for their prayers and support, DJ Switch said

”We must continue to move. We must continue. If we stop I fear it will probably be the next 60 years before we talk about this again. We must continue peacefully. I condemn any sort of violence. I condemn the burning of buses and peoples livelihood. ”

Continue Reading

News Feed

Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

Published

on

Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

Zamfara state governor, Bello Matawalle says that the recently dissolved Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) unit was important and useful in the state.Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

The Governor who made this known while fielding questions from newsmen, called for the deployment of officials of the disbanded police unit to Zamfara.

Matawalle said;

“We have recorded tremendous development in the area of peace building the Zamfara state with the commitment and professional contribution and support of the FSARS of the Nigeria Police.

“I will personally seek audience with Mr President on this issue. We need the FSARS or its equivalent in Zamfara state because we have seen their positive impact in spite their alleged excesses.”

Continue Reading

News Feed

If End SARS protest doesn’t work then it might be over for Nigerian youths – Burna Boy

Published

on

If End SARS protest doesn’t work then it might be over for Nigerian youths – Burna Boy

If End SARS protest doesn’t work then it might be over for Nigerian youths – Burna Boy

Popular music entertainer, Burna Boy has stated that if the recent end SARS protest by Nigerian youths doesn’t yield any positive result, then the future holds nothing for the teeming youths in the country.

The ‘On the low’ crooner stated this in an interview with foreign media, Sky News.

The interview comes two weeks after protests began, sparked by a video showing a man being beaten, apparently by police officers from SARS (Special Anti-Robbery Squad).

Burna Boy, who spoke to Sky News from London, said: “It is shocking when you see it happen in that place, in such a place, that was the landmark of everything.

The Lekki Toll Gate, that was the most peaceful place to protest, the most peaceful venue in the whole country and then that is the place where [the shootings] happen. It is not something that you can just wrap your head around.”

The best-selling Afrobeats artist, who has mixed rap, funk and dancehall influences on international hits like On The Low and Ye, said nationwide protests against SARS have changed the nature of politics in his homeland.

This is the most important moment in Nigeria’s history… that is what we are witnessing right now because if nothing changes after this, if this doesn’t work, then it is over.”

When asked what he meant by this, he replied: “Look at what is going on right now: the youth have come together, like something unexplainable (sic), something that no one man could have possibly organised or led, the youth of the largest black nation in the world came together, said enough is enough and this was triggered by police brutality.

“It’s not like it was triggered by all the other things that it should have been triggered by all these years.”

Sky News

Continue Reading

Trending