Connect with us

News Feed

Nigeria Escapes FIFA Suspension

Published

on

For the second time in three months, Nigeria has escaped a lengthy ban from world football governing body, FIFA.

According to latest reports, a court case against Nigeria’s football association that threatened to earn the country a lengthy suspension from FIFA has been withdrawn.

This detail was announced on Thursday, 30 October, 2014 by lawyers handling the court case filed by Chris Giwa, ousted head of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF.

oX9Ev4SMmXMgiebOOWHGQsfu

It would be recalled that FIFA had threatened to suspend Nigeria from all its football related activities if the NFF did not resolve the crisis rocking the football house.

A judge in Jos had last week ruled that the appointment of a new president, Amaju Pinnick, and executive committee should be set aside.

However, reports have emerged that Giwa had now withdrawn his complaint.

“I have struck out the matter… The suit ceases to have life,” said judge Ambrose Allagoa.

Commenting on the matter, Giwa’s lawyer, Habila Ardzard, said the decision was made “as a result of pleas from so many well-meaning Nigerians and in the national interest”.

Joshua Onoja, representing the NFF, also confirmed that the case had been discontinued.

 

FIFA had given African champions Nigeria until midday on Friday to overturn the court ruling and reinstate Pinnick or face a ban from international competition.

The governing body had told the NFF that it statutes prevent football issues being heard in a civil court.

FIFA has in recent months repeatedly warned Nigeria that it faced sanctions over the running of the NFF and its handling of elections to appoint a new president and executive committee.

Reports surfaced on Wednesday night that President Goodluck Jonathan had urged the NFF to resolve the crises rocking the football house in the interest of football loving Nigerians.

It was reported on Tuesday that the president of Nigerian Senate, David Mark, had urged the NFF to fix the crisis rocking the football house in the interest of football loving Nigerians.

It would be recalled that Nigeria have been banned twice this year for government interference in the NFF.

FIFA had also warned the country in September and again in October that another incident would result in a lengthy ban.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Cleric Warns Bobrisky, Reveals When He Will Die (Video)

Published

on

Popular Nigerian male barbie, Bobrisky has been told to change his ways as he has just few years to live before he dies.

Islamic cleric, Hammed Ademola who claimed that Bobrisky’s money is from the devil said the crossdresser has about 3 years before he dies.

He further added that Bobrisky’s friends would soon have problems in their lives, which is a consequence of befriending an evil.

Ademola also said that Bobrisky would soon have regrets for going under a knife to be transformed from a man to a woman.

Recall that she recently issued a warning to all crossdressers to not think of taking her throne because she is the queen of crossdressers.

Watch the video below:

Continue Reading

News Feed

Dead Man Made To Sit On A Chair At His Own Funeral (Photos + Video)

Published

on

In what will come across as a really startling development, a dead man has been made to sit at his own funeral.

According to Trinidad Express, the dead man was embalmed into a sitting position, placed in the tray of a hearse and given an open-air last ride past the Office of the Prime Minister on the way to his funeral.

Dressed in a suit and in a chair, murdered Che Lewis was placed in the back of a pick-up van by Dennie’s Funeral Home and driven around Port of Spain on Wednesday.

Witnesses and social media users were stunned.

TTPS Road Safety Co-ordinator Brent Batson told Express via a What’s App message that the funeral home’s manner of transporting the deceased will be investigated.

The dead man was made to sit on a chair at his funeral

Batson said, “The TTPS is disappointed in the reckless behavior engaged in by a funeral home being circulated on social media whereby persons were seen seated in the vehicle tray seemingly as part of a funeral procession. Carrying persons in a dangerous manner is an offence Regulation 38 Rule 17 of the Motor Vehicle Road Traffic Act (MVRTA) with a $1,000 penalty and the TTPS will be continuing investigation into funeral company’s conduct on the road.”

Several videos of the ‘last ride’ were posted on social media, with many commenting that this was “proof that Trinidad is not a real place”, while others said they idea was only novel in Trinidad but was done in other countries.

Lewis, 29, and his father Adlay Lewis, 49, were shot and killed on November 15 at their home at First Trace, Bagatelle Road, Diego Martin.

His funeral was streamed live on social media, but not all the viewers were aware that the man sitting at the entrance to the church was the deceased.

There was also a question as to why he was not wearing a mask.

The funeral home informed that because of the “unique funeral, the church was astonished and refused the entrance of Che”.

Following the funeral service at the St John The Evangelist R.C Church at Church Street, Diego Martin the bodies of father and son were interred the St John The Evangelist Cemetery.

The funeral home also intends introducing a new form of body disposal to Trinidad and Tobago.

It is know as alkaline hydrolysis, a process for the disposal of human and pet remains using lye and heat.

Continue Reading

News Feed

Shebi You Have Your Own Life, Why Can’t You Mind Your Own Business – Bobrisky Slams Critics

Published

on

Nigerian crossdresser Bobrisky has slammed those trying to advise her on how she’s living her life asking them to mind their business.

According to her, in this era of the new world, no one tells anyone how to live their lives not to talk of a 29yrs old like hers who is living her life as she wants.

Adding that those trying to advise her all have their own lives to live therefore they should mind their own business and stop trying to advise her.

At this rate, it’s obvious Bobrisky is not ready to listen to any advice from anyone on how to live her own life as he’s now a big boy at 29.

screenshot below;

Continue Reading

Trending