Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. It consists of the businesses of Upstream Americas, Upstream International, Downstream, and Projects & Technology. With approximately 87,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories, Shell is helping to meet the world’s growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. Join the conversation on Facebook.com/Shell Follow us on Twitter.com/Shell Learn more about us on YouTube.com/Shell
The Business Integrity Department (BID) is a specialist unit within Shell Internal Audit that is responsible for managing the Shell Global Helpline and Code of Conduct Compliance Incident Reporting. BID investigates allegations of fraud and other alleged Code of Conduct violations. It also provides expertise in the area of fraud prevention and detection including training and reputational due diligence.
Shell is looking to recruit an experienced Investigation Case Manager. The purpose of this position is to typically conduct investigations of a higher complexity level with minimum support and coaching required, manage cases and support others in the department in conducting cases, preferably working from Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- The role’s primary objective is to support and conduct investigations into potential breaches of the Code of Conduct, company policy and the law to maximize success and minimize liability and to effectively facilitate management decision-making including consequence management. Investigations may involve, but are not limited to, fraud, theft, bribery and corruption, conflict of interest, anti-trust and may involve employees, contract employees, vendors/suppliers and others.
- The role’s secondary objective is to identify internal control weaknesses and quantifying any possible losses, as well as utilising forensic data analytic tools to identify relevant indicators.
- An experienced investigator with previous substantial law enforcement experience in conducting investigations into fraud or financial crime or forensic accountant with a university degree (Bachelors but ideally a Masters) in accounting/Finance or law with a minimum of ten years’ experience.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to provide Civil/Criminal testimony regarding your work product, familiarity with electronic data systems and data collection, unquestioned honesty and integrity, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a high level of objectivity.
- Experience in conducting data analytics would be a major advantage. Accounting/Legal, Contracting & Procurement, Finance, IT or project management skills and experience within a major corporate would also be an advantage.
- Must be able to self-manage the case load and pick up more senior stakeholder engagements.
- The individual must be able to conduct, i.e. plan and execute, investigations into possible violations of the Code of Conduct, company policy and relevant laws.
- The individual should be able to identify accounting and internal control weaknesses, and determine the quantum of potential and actual loss.
- The individual should have detailed knowledge of accounting records and systems and a working knowledge of forensic data interrogation techniques.
- The individual should be able to maintain strict confidentiality, independence and standards of professionalism in the conduct and management of investigations.
- The role requires conducting witness and subject interviews, the collection, preservation and analysis of evidence (digital and hard copy) to appropriate court standards, as well as an understanding of criminal and civil law.
- The individual will be required to prepare detailed written reports subject to third party review (civil and/or criminal) and testify as required in legal proceedings.
- The individual should also be able to effectively manage whistleblowers, maintaining the strictest confidence.
- The individual should possess excellent interpersonal skills and will be required to build effective relationships with stakeholders.
- The role requires the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with other departments within Shell at various levels of management.
- The individual must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and be able to work with minimum supervision, but should also be able to integrate effectively into a team environment, participate actively in delivering departmental goals and demonstrate strong collaborative and co-operative skills.
- The individual must be able to liaise effectively and maintain a network of contacts with the relevant law enforcement and criminal justice bodies.
- The individual will also be required to interact effectively with and in some cases, manage third party contractors, forensic accounting firms and forensic IT contractors.
- The individual will be required to respond to company emergency situations, which may include the requirement to travel at short notice. The role requires travel of up to approximately 40% although this is variabledepending on demand to conduct and/or assist with investigations relating to Shell businesses located in the Africa Region and other countries as required.
- The individual will also be expected to participate in various audit activities as needed
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: email@example.com
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- News Feed20 hours ago
Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet -Deceased’s Brother
- Entertainment18 hours ago
Actress Ada Ameh Breaks Down In Tears; Begs Government To Allow Her Bury Daughter (Video)
- News Feed20 hours ago
“They took all my years of hardwork” – Uche Elendu Laments Looting of Her Store by Hoodlums (photos)
- News Feed17 hours ago
“I don’t care about #EndSARS”- Edo state deputy governor’s son slams protesters
- National News20 hours ago
You’re a total idiot – 2Face and Blackface clash again
- News Feed20 hours ago
Lagos Deputy Governor, Obafemi Hamzat Clears The Air On Lekki Light Outage
- National News20 hours ago
SERAP Drags Buhari Government, Military To ICC Over Shooting Of #EndSARS Protesters
- National News19 hours ago
Lekki Toll Gate Shooting: Osinbajo Breaks Silence