Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose yesterday swore in the man who headed his impeachment panel in 2006, Justice Bamidele Omotoso as judge in the state, to the surprise of many.
Omotoso, who is an Ado Ekiti based legal practitioner had been cleared by the National Judicial Council (NJC) to be made a judge in the state, but the administration of Dr. Kayode Fayemi failed to swear him in. Fayose has however gone against the advice of some of his supporters to swear him in as judge in the state.
“Few days after my inauguration, some people came to me and reminded me of the role played by Omotoso during my impeachment saga. They said I should not swear him in as a judge of the state High Court.
“I am not here to revenge, vengeance belongs to God,” Fayose said at the official swearing in ceremony of Justice Omotoso.
The governor noted that the inauguration of Omotosho as a judge, two years after he was cleared for the post by the NJC, was a demonstration of a forgiving spirit.
Fayose also announced the promotion of an official of the state Ministry of Justice, Mr Lawrence Ojo who signed his warrant of arrest papers at Ikoyi Prisons during his murder case to position of Acting Permanent Secretary in the Ministry.
Present at the ceremony were the state Chief Judge, Justice Ayodeji Daramola and the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, who Fayose declared readiness to work with for the good of the state.
“I plead with the other two arms of government (legislative and judiciary), that Ekiti should come first. You may not like my face and I may not like yours, but Ekiti should be number one.”
“I am ready to work with the Assembly. I am a man of uncommon history, coming back to office after eight years is divine. I have a stern warning from God; ‘do not avenge’.
“There is nothing personal I have against the judiciary.
“People would want to be where you are and life is about struggles. We need more judges and we will help in making them comfortable in the discharge of their duties.
“There is need for fair hearing. I want the other arms of government to give my administration a fair hearing and the chance to perform,” he said.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) presently holds majority seat at the State House of Assembly.
Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter
Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.
The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.
Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.
The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.
“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”
Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun!
My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.
Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer in sha Allah. May Allah forgive & be Merciful to her.
— Isa Ali Pantami, PhD (@DrIsaPantami) November 23, 2020
Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.
The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.
The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.
Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.
He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.
Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims
Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.
According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.
Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.
The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.
He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.
Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.
- Politics14 hours ago
BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC
- News Feed13 hours ago
Lai Mohammed reacts to second report on Lekki tollgate shooting
- National News17 hours ago
Family Of Slain Vendor Demands N500m Compensation From Gbajabiamila, Threatens Legal Action
- Entertainment14 hours ago
Socialite Pretty Mike And His 6 Pregnant Babymamas Make It To The Wendy Williams Show
- News Feed13 hours ago
Water tank driver accuses Duncan Mighty of assaulting him in Rivers
- News Feed13 hours ago
Offa Polytechnic Student Union Government Gives Merit Award To Cultist Groups
- Entertainment15 hours ago
“Know Who You’re Coming For” – BBNaija’s Cee-C Debunks Rumor That She Didn’t Pass Her Bar Exams
- National News14 hours ago
BREAKING: Court Fixes Date For Ndume’s Bail Application