Less than two weeks after the military authorities confirmed that the Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau’s impostor had died in battle against troops in Konduga, Borno State, the supposedly dead man has come out to claim that he is very much alive.
In spite of compelling evidence, corroboration by Australian negotiator, Dr. Stephen Davis and even claims by the Cameroonian military that its troops, not Nigerian security forces, had killed one of the world’s most wanted terrorists, Shekau (or his look-alike), has released a new video through the regular channels, showing his face to the world and vocally debunking the stories of his death.
The video, which was obtained by AFP, is 36-minutes long.
“Here I am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes my breath”, Shekau cackled, adding that his administration was still “running…a Caliphate” and administering the requisite punishments according to Sharia law.
This is the second time the notorious Boko Haram leader has reportedly being killed but has somehow, miraculously ‘resurrected’ to continue his reign of terror.
In the wake of jubilations that Shekau had died in battle, a renowned Boko Haram negotiator and Nigerian journalist, Ahmad Salkida, had announced that he was still alive but his lone voice was drowned by the cacophony of voices that claimed otherwise.
In the new video, Shekau wore combat fatigues and black rubber boots, and he was standing on the back of a pickup truck, shooting into the air with his anti-aircraft gun.
As expected, the location where the video was shot is unclear but Shekau spoke in two languages – Arabic and Hausa.
The heavily bearded man, who does not look any different from the man who has been appearing in older videos released by the terrorist group, rubbished the military’s claim that he had been killed, calling it propaganda.
“Nothing will kill me until my days are over… I’m still alive. Some people asked you if Shekau has two souls. No, I have one soul, by Allah”, he said, apparently reading from a script.
“It is propaganda that is prevalent. I have one soul. I’m an Islamic student.
“I’m the Islamic student whose seminary you burnt… I’m not dead,” he added, apparently referring to the destruction of the group’s mosque in the Borno state capital, Maiduguri, in 2009.
“We are running our caliphate, our Islamic caliphate. We follow the Koran… We now practice the injunctions of the Koran in the land of Allah”, he boasted.
The group also claimed to have shot down a Nigerian Air Force Alpha jet that went missing over two weeks ago.
However, the spokesperson for the Nigerian Air Force, Air Commodore Dele Alonge, told AFP that “For any group to claim they shot it down, is mere propaganda and rubbish”.
Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun
Some of the vehicles in the Governor’s convoy were also destroyed by the thugs but the Governor himself was evacuated to safety by his security team.
As the convoy was leaving the protest venue, some of the youths continued to stone his vehicles.
While the protest was disrupted, Governor Oyetola assured the injured victims that the government would be responsible for their medical bills.
#EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Constitutes Panel Of Enquiry
In a bid to quell the #EndSARS protest which is spreading like a raging inferno across the country, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the Governor of Lagos State has set up a panel of inquiry and restitution for victims of SARS.
This was announced in a statewide broadcast on Thursday.
The panel will be a 7-man panel which will ensure that all those with verifiable cases of SARS brutality or fatality receive compensation.
The Panel will be chaired by retired Justice Doris Okuwobi, while members are Ebun Adegboruwa, SAN (representing the Civil Society), Taiwo Lakanu (a retired Deputy Inspector General of Police), Patience Udoh (representing the Civil Society); Segun Awosanya aka Segalink (Human Rights Activist).
Others are Olutoyin Odusanya (Director, Citizens Mediation Center), a rep/member of the youth-led protest, and a representative of the Human Rights Commission.
There will be a help desk for the complaints and petitions to the panel.
Governor Seyi Makinde Loses 81-Yr-Old Mother
Abigail Makinde, the mother of the governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, is dead.
The Chief Press Secretary to Mr Makinde, Taiwo Adisa, however, told newsmen that the family will soon make an official statement on the death of the deceased.
He said: “Yes. The family will make an official statement.
“The family will soon make an official statement. In the next few minutes, the family will make an official statement, in few minutes.”
It was gathered that Mr Makinde lost his father, Olatunbosun Makinde, a few years ago.
It was learnt that Mrs Makinde died in the early hours of Thursday.
She died at the age of 81.
- Entertainment21 hours ago
“Those Inmates In Benin Were Illegally Released By Authorities” – BBNaija’s Tacha Claims
- News Feed17 hours ago
#EndSARS protesters break into Lagos International Airport (Videos)
- News Feed24 hours ago
Thugs set prisoners free after hijacking #EndSARS protest in Edo
- National News23 hours ago
BREAKING: Edo Government Declares 24-Hour Curfew
- Travel24 hours ago
Exotic Resorts May Be the Best Bet for a Holiday
- Entertainment20 hours ago
#EndSARS: ‘We Want To Change Established Systems’ – Singer Bez
- News Feed23 hours ago
Flood allegedly hijacks the new mansion of Delta State Deputy Speaker Hon Osanebi Ossai
- News Feed20 hours ago
Genevieve Nnaji Reacts To Arrest Of #EndSARS Protesters In Kano