Science Experiment Leaves Several Children With Acid Burn


Museum science experiment ends in tragic accident leaving several children with acid burns.

“It didn’t smell like anything caught on fire, it smelled like burning chemicals… It was scary, I understand that, but it was an accident.”

The painful burn on their hands, arms and faces happened while mixing methyl alcohol with boric acid. Others around the scene suffered smoke inhalation.

 “Reno Fire Department investigators are working with museum staff to determine what caused the chemical flash.”

13 people were injured during the incident but only 8 suffered the ultimate exposure.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here