Here are eight and a half things you’re doing on or because of Facebook that could potentially damage your marriage.
1. You’re checking Facebook on your phone, instead of talking to your spouse
According to the Daily Mail, new research has found people spend more time on their smartphones than with their marriage partners. People tend to use their smartphones for about 119 minutes a day, whereas they spend about 97 minutes with their loved one, the research found.
2. You care more about what other people post than what your spouse does
Some would call this “the Instagram effect,” but the idea is simple: You care more about what your friends and family are posting on Facebook than you do what your wife or husband is doing right in front of you. Instagram does have more than 150 million users (many of whom post their stuff to Facebook, too), so people are bound to see some things on there that can grab them and take their attention away from their spouses.
3. You’re not liking your loved one’s status
This may seem simple, but it’s an important one. Much has been written by bloggers and dating websites about the effects of liking someone’s statuses, mostly because a large number of likes implies that the liker is interested in the likee. By avoiding the like button for your loved one, you may be giving off a colder impression about how you feel about them.
4. You like someone else’s statuses way too much
According to data from Facebook, Facebook interactions are heavy between soon-to-be couples, with post sharing and likes increasing within the 100 days before a relationship starts. By liking someone else’s statuses and photos too much, you may be giving off the wrong impression that you’re not tied down into a relationship and that you’re looking for a way to leave it.
5. Careful with some of those Facebook friends
It’s no question that you and your spouse are going to have some mutual friends. But be wary of them because they may cause you strife. According to the Pew Research Center, half of Facebook’s users have more than 200 friends in their network, so a shared friend is bound to pop up among married couples. Just make sure those 200 friends aren’t going to comment something off-putting or discouraging on your loved one’s status. It may raise problems within the marriage and friend circles, too.
6. You quit Facebook, but you still ask questions about it
According to research cited by the Daily Mail, more people are saying their goodbye to the social network, as they’re worried about privacy and getting addicted to the website. But when you’re done with Facebook, you may start asking your loved one some questions about it — who your spouse is interacting with, what they’ve been posting and what they recently saw on the website, for example — and that could raise arguments and complications regarding trust.
7. You didn’t do a good job with your privacy settings
Marriage should involve trust and being able to open up to someone. But Facebook creates the possibility for many other people to see what you’re all about. NBC News reported that privacy is a major concern for Facebook users, as it leaves them open to review and judgment by their friends and possibly the public. Conversations that should happen first between husband and wife are posted for the public to see. For example, one source told Deseret News National that his wife shared that he and his wife’s kid started on walking on Facebook before sharing it with him. That was not an easy conversation to have. Facebook may also lead to people finding out things about you before your spouse knows about them, which is another sign of failing trust.
8. Your Facebook photo isn’t right
That’s right. What you display as a profile picture says a lot about you. In fact, The Atlantic reported that what makes a profile picture look good is the amount of engagement it gets — such as likes, shares and comments. But if you keep something unattractive up — like a photo no one likes — your spouse may feel the pressure to ask you to take it down.
This post first appeared on nationaldeseretnews.com
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Cossy Orjiakor Replies Fans Who Criticized Her For Wearing A Racy Outfit While Preaching About God
- Entertainment24 hours ago
Flavor’s Babymama, Sandra Okagbue Celebrates Him And Their Second Daughter As They Both Turn A Year Older
- Entertainment24 hours ago
YBNL Princess, Temmie Ovwasa To Release Debut Album November 29
- Entertainment24 hours ago
‘It’s Not Your Duty To Ensure Your Partner Does Not Cheat’ – OAP Dotun Tells DaddyFreeze
- National News18 hours ago
2020 Finance Bill Exempts Minimum Wage Earners From Tax: Buhari
- Entertainment19 hours ago
Davido Celebrates Late Mom On Her Posthumous Birthday
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘If You Want To Be Like Me, Be Ready To Work Hard’, Bobrisky Warns
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Blackface Drags Wizkid, Burna Boy For Stealing His Song