Kaplan International is the international division of Kaplan Inc., one of the world’s leading providers of lifelong education. Part of Kaplan Inc., Kaplan International’s activities span a network of more than 40 English language schools across the English-speaking world, a broad suite of higher education programmes in UK, Asia Pacific and Australia and a professional and vocational training operation in Australia and Asia Pacific. We have a strong track record in the development of successful partnerships and the establishment of new education initiatives. We draw on a highly effective network of agents and our own admissions teams to recruit students from over 100 countries.
The Lagos International College is located on Victoria Island in Lagos, Nigeria.
The Program and Role
The US Pathway Program (USPP) is a ground breaking transnational education partnership between Kaplan International (KI) and a consortium of seven leading North American universities (CNAU), chaired by Northeastern University (NEU). Currently in its fifth year of delivery in China, our newest centre of operation which opened its doors to students in October 2013 is located on Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria and has enabled hundreds of students to progress to their sophomore year in top universities in the United States.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the academic management and development of the USPP: an academic program designed to enable successful students to progress to year 2 of a consortium of North American universities (CNAU). The Program Leader will be part of the senior management team of the College.
Main Responsibilities and Functions
Reporting to the College Director and Dean of USPP the successful candidate will have responsibility for maintaining excellent working relationships with key stakeholders including Kaplan local and central staff, CNAU and sponsors and students. Key functions include:
- Managing and leading the full-time academic staff and teaching assistants involved in the program
- Allocating work-loads to academic staff
- Calculating staff resources required to deliver the program
- Ensuring that appropriate staff resources are available, the identification of additional staffing needs and assisting in the recruitment and induction of full-time staff.
- Agreeing with College Director and Academic Dean the requirement for Teaching Assistants and responsibility for the recruitment as agreed
- Planning and managing the delivery of the program including:
- Developing effective timetables that make efficient use of staff and teaching resources
- Overseeing the delivery of curricula by teaching staff ensuring that all academic deadlines are met and that students have been provided with the opportunity to demonstrate their learning
- Working with CNAU and local staff to ensure the effective preparation and delivery of academic assessment
- Co-ordinating the accurate recording, collation and communication of marks and grades to CNAU
- Providing regular and accurate academic feedback and reports to CNAU including raising any issues that affect the academic progress of the program
- Providing regular and accurate academic and operational reports to the College Director and the Academic Dean
- Provision of academic guidance to students: monitoring attendance and academic performance, identifying and providing guidance to students at risk
- Working with CNAU and local academic staff to lead the local processes of quality assurance and module and program enhancement. Collating feedback and relevant module reports, and analyse such, in order to produce Programme Handbooks, Programme Reviews and other material to support the delivery and enhancement of a designated suite of programmes offered by the College
- Identifying and sharing best academic practice with local colleagues and the KIC academic community
- Implementing a system of teaching observations and providing appropriate feedback to academic staff.
- Assisting the Dean in academic staff appraisals
- Contributing to the delivery, preparation and assessment of modules on programmes offered by the College (normal teaching load of 8-10 hours per week), and, when required, act as ‘Module Coordinator’ of these modules
- Assisting with student induction and with extra-curricular activities as required
- Maintaining full compliance with CNAU requirements for course delivery and assessment
- Maintaining an excellent working relationship with the CNAU Master Teacher as well as those of Kaplan International Colleges
- Providing accurate reports as required on individual and group and subject performance
- Ensuring appropriate use of learning and learning support technology including the use of the ‘smartboard’, the VLE provided by CNAU and the Class system
- Contributing to the quality enhancement of Modules by providing accurate and reflective feedback as required
- Maintaining the necessary subject knowledge to ensure the effective delivery of the modules
- Representing the College at appropriate events and meetings within KIC, with the partner university and to external stakeholders
- Any other duties required from time to time by the College Director and Kaplan senior management team.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will enjoy working with international students, be customer orientated and performance driven. In addition, the successful candidate should have:
- A minimum of a UK, US, Canadian or Australian Master’s degree or higher,
- Understanding of US further and higher education system and experience of academic management and/or quality assurance in a US further and/or higher education environment.
- Experience of managing and providing academic leadership to a team of staff
- Previous teaching experience within a US higher education context.
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment and with Blended Learning.
- Competence in administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal and good communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- National News22 hours ago
Pretty Lady Who Recently Got Married Dies During Child Birth
- Entertainment8 hours ago
“Manipulative As Ever People” – Erica‘s Manager Drags Laycon Over Interview
- Entertainment8 hours ago
Mike Edwards’ Wife, Perri Shares Lovely Family Photo On Instagram
- News Feed22 hours ago
I miss my ex-husband, Blossom Chukwu — Maureen Esisi
- Entertainment11 hours ago
VIDEO: Weird Controversies Trail Wedding Ceremony Of Nigerian Actor, Williams Uchemba
- National News23 hours ago
Court To Begin Nnamdi Kanu’s ‘Treason’ Trial In Absentia
- Entertainment8 hours ago
‘Life Is A Journey, Not A Competition’ – Crossdresser Jay Boogie Throws Shade At Bobrisky
- News Feed22 hours ago
Fans Of Yemi Alade Mocks Tiwa Savage For Not Making Grammy Awards Nominees