Connect with us

News Feed

Keshi Denies Reaching Agreement With NFF

Published

on

Why You Should Buy YouTube Views Cheap

Contrary to our earlier reports, coach Stephen Keshi has denied that he has agreed with the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, to coach the Super Eagles.

It would be recalled that it was reported in the media last week that the former coach of Togo an Mali and the NFF have concluded negotiations over a proposed contract for the latter.

Stephen Keshi Has Until 2015 to Terminate His Relationship With The Super Eagles.

Stephen Keshi Has Until 2015 to Terminate His Relationship With The Super Eagles.

 

However, Keshi’s representative and brother, Emmanuel Ado, has come out to state that the football federation has only sent his client a copy of the contract proposal.

“I want to state it clearly to you that my brother has not reached an agreement with the NFF yet. I am meeting with the NFF today on behalf of the Big Boss [Keshi] at about 1pm,” Ado told Supersport.com on Wednesday, 13 August, 2014.

According to the statement issued on Wednesday by Keshi’s representative, it disclaimed words from the NFF that the former Nigeria captain will sign a new contract this week.

“Statements credited to Mr Emeka Inyama of the NFF that arrangements have been finalised for him [Keshi] to sign a new contract are misleading,” part of the media release from Keshi’s camp read.

Ado, however, disclosed that negotiation with the NFF will hold in Abuja later on Wednesday.

He did not disclose details of the contract proposal from the NFF to Keshi though reports suggest the monthly pay proposed to Keshi still remains at the N5 million he earned in his last contract that ran between 2011 and 2014.

 

Keshi in his first stint as Eagles’ manager won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations and guided Nigeria to a second round finish at the 2014 FIFA World Cup finals in Brazil.

It was rumoured after the 2014 Mundial that the Nigerian coach would dump Nigeria to coach South Africa despite the country’s coming out to state that they don’t intend to appoint Keshi to fill the vacant position.

Few weeks ago, the South African Football Association, SAFA, named Shakes Mashaba as their new head coach to rubbish speculations of Keshi’s departure.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says “I’m Still The Jagaban”

Published

on

Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says “I’m Still The Jagaban”

 

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, former governor of Lagos State and National leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress on Saturday paid a courtesy visit to the governor of the state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Tinubu, in his visit to the governor, stated that contrary to false news making the rounds, he did not travel to France, adding that he is still the Jagaban.

He also denied rumours that his son Seyi was kidnapped or chased out of his residence outside the country, emphasizing that nobody can chase him or his family out of Lagos.

The former governor’s visit comes after the infamous shooting of unarmed protesters in Lekki area of the state.

Watch video below;

Continue Reading

News Feed

Air Force Intervenes, Slams Policemen For Shooting At A Crowd (Video)

Published

on

Air Force Intervenes, Slams Policemen For Shooting At A Crowd (Video)

A viral video has captured moment soldiers of the Nigeria Air Force intervened and slammed some policemen for shooting at a crowd.

Air Force slammed Policemen

The incident which occurred at a yet to be identified venue showed some men of the Nigeria Air Force calling on officers of the Nigeria police to cease fire.

In the videos also, residents were seen running helter-skelter while soldiers used a megaphone to call for calm. “Stop shooting, the Air Force are here”, the soldiers could be heard screaming.

However, the policemen appeared reluctant in taking orders from the soldiers until one of them showed proof of his rank by pointing to the stars on his shoulder.

The soldier also warned that if they refuse to ceasefire, he would charge them and their headquarters for inciting violence.

The officer who spoke on behalf of the Air Force then commanded the policemen to move their van behind theirs so the Army would serve as a buffer between them and the crowd.

Watch videos below;

Continue Reading

News Feed

#EndSARS: Hoodlums vandalize Senator Gershom Bassey’s family house in Calabar

Published

on

#EndSARS: Hoodlums vandalize Senator Gershom Bassey’s family house in Calabar

Senator Gershom Bassey’s resident has been vandalized and looted by hoodlums rampaging the streets of Calabar.

Information Nigeria gathered that the hoodlums overpowered the security men attached to the property.

 

This is in spite of the  24 hours curfew declared in Cross River state.

Some of the buildings already vandalised include the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) office along Marian Road, Cross River State Transport Regulatory Agency (CRTRA) office and banks along Mayne Avenue and 8-Miles Calabar.

Federal institutions like the Ministry of Agriculture, Cross River Basin Authourity, and Federal Psychiatric Hospital were also vandalized.

Houses belonging to some politicians were not spared. Some of those affected include Senators Gershom Bassey and Victor Ndoma Egba. Bassey’s houses located at Mayne Avenue by White and the one at Asari Iso were looted and burnt.

Egba’s house located within the same Asari Iso axis was also vandalized.

To restore normalcy, military personnel have reportedly taken over major streets.

Continue Reading

Trending