Connect with us

Metro News

FG Had No Hand In Attacks On Buhari, Bauchi – New IGP

Published

on

Inspector General of Police (IGP) Suleiman Abba Monday declared that the Federal Government had no hand in the attempt on the lives of former head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari and prominent Islamic Sheik, Dahiru Bauchi.

Speaking in his maiden meeting with all Assistant Inspector General’s Police (AIGs) and Commissioners of Police (CPs) at the Force Headquarters in Abuja, the IGP said findings from a high powered delegation of police officers sent to Kaduna by his predecessor found that the Federal Government had no hand in the bombings that targeted the two prominent Nigerians.

“They went to Kaduna, conducted a very diligent investigation; a team that was made up not only of General Duty detectives, but also Forensic Experts, visited the scene; visited some of the victims in the hospital and even those in the mortuary.”

“They conducted interviews with victims and witnesses, including the highly respected General Muhammadu Buhari, those that were with him when the incident happened and did a lot of other things that maybe we need not mention all of them here.

“So far, the findings do not indicate that the Federal Government is involved in either of the two incidents.”

He noted that the military had in their custody one suspect who was arrested at the scene of the second bombing, adding that the said suspect was previously arrested twice by police at a station close to the incident.

The IGP said he summoned the meeting so as to have “an eye ball to eye ball, heart to heart discussion and we won’t discuss anything other than the problems before us.”

“We can’t pretend, we cannot look aside, there are problems. When I say problems, I mean insecurity, problems of the safety of the people in this country and in particular in some parts of the country, vis a vis our responsibilities as police officers.”

Consequently, he said “We want to discuss what we need to do to improve what we have met? All my predecessors have tried their very best, but that does not mean that we should say that there are no issues needing urgent solutions.”

Emphasizing that the days of division within the Police is over, Abba promised that intelligence-led policing will be given more priority while attitudinal change to ensure proper work ethics will be instilled in all officers and men of the Force.

On Police preparedness for the upcoming Osun state Gubernatorial elections, IGP Abba gave reasons why officers on election duty were deployed well ahead of time saying, “It was an open secret that there was recruitment of thugs, there were people being armed, allegations anyway, so with that I felt telling officers to report three days before election commenced was not proper, so I changed it and said everybody should report by last Saturday.”

“We will be there enough to make sure that the integrity of the whole election is maintained and that’s what we will do,” he promised.

Disclosing that he was made the Chairman of the 2015 election security planning committee in the past dispensation, Abba said his committee came out with a 130 page report on modalities to ensure a hitch free election noting that the Osun State election under him will not pose any problems.

Continue Reading
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. usman

    August 5, 2014 at 1:06 pm

    It is plain naivety for anyone to associate this government with that attacks, its unfortunate that the people are division oriented, The PDP has defeated Buhari 3 times already, why will they want to kill him ? It is people from the APC that see him as a threat to their political aspirations that are behind this.

  2. Egbeta

    August 5, 2014 at 2:56 pm

    This is just a ploy by mischief makers to tarnish the image of the President

  3. Somi

    August 5, 2014 at 3:54 pm

    Now the federal government has been vindicated. this is nice. opposition party should stop false accusations and the blame game.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Police Confirm Abduction Of Nasarawa APC Chairman

Published

on

Police Confirm Abduction Of Nasarawa APC Chairman

Police

The Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Nasarawa State, Philip Shekwor, has been kidnapped by unknown gunmen.

According to reports, Shekwor was abducted on Saturday night at his residence along Dunamis church, Bukan Sidi in Lafia.

Also Read: Gunmen Attack Police Station In Ibadan; Kill Police Corporal

Confirming the incident, Police Commissioner Bola Longe said the unidentified gunmen in large number stormed the residence of the APC chairman in Lafia around 11 pm and took him away to an unknown destination.

According to him, security agencies had reacted swiftly by deploying personnel to different forest locations to ensure the safe release of the APC chieftain.

Continue Reading

Trending