eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes. Accurate health data will provide NGO’s, hospitals, and donor agencies with access to timely health system indicators needed to evaluate their health interventions and respond to critical public health needs. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power and knowledge of local people, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker.
Summary: The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Executive Directors and serves as an integral member of the senior leadership team. The individual in this role will serve as the senior advisor to help the Executive Directors execute the mission, vision, and strategies of eHealth Africa and lead top priority projects. The Executive Assistant will provide insight and roll-up their sleeves to implement. They are charged with maximizing the effective operation of the Executive Office with respect to work flow, scheduling, staffing, budget, grant writing, grant/contract management, communications, and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the Executive Directors’ office to ensure appropriate time utilization of the Executive Directors in relationship to external and internal requirements.
- Leads briefings, prepares briefing memos and relevant updates for Executive Directors on relevant issues, outstanding projects and eHA activities; identifies issues, develops contingencies and suggests remedies.
- Prepares detailed operating and financial reports in support of organisational and strategic issues.
- Creates agendas, establishes priorities, and is responsible for the timely preparation and presentation of materials for all key internal meetings involving the Executive Directors, including weekly and monthly staff meetings.
- Works with senior team and executive staff to prepare Executive Directors for internal and external meetings, presentations and events, speaking engagements, and provides staff support to Executive Directors at external meetings, activities and events. Ensures timely follow up of all action items.
- Attends meetings and events on behalf of the Executive Directors.
- Acts as the point person and coordinator of the office when an Executive Director is out of the office.
- Assists the senior management team during weekly leadership meetings and reviews, follows up on senior leaders’ performance tasks, and coordinates with Executive Directors and senior leaders.
- Assists with projects, team’s metrics as well as general business issues.
- Maintains an organized system for tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects. Accurately documents projects’ progression, maintains projects’ timelines, and ensures that staff achieve their stated objectives.
- Assists Executive Directors with the preparation and submission of ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and annual organizational reports to eHA clients and partners.
- Prepares and reconciles time and expense reports and performs audits as necessary. Manages complex time and expense weekly processing; ensures adherence to compliance guidelines.
- Always maintains total confidentiality when working with executive, human resources, financial and sensitive matters as it relates to eHA resources.
- Responsible for overseeing administrative and organizational support for meetings, working with the Executive Directors, senior staff and board members to prepare materials for the board, committee, staff and client/partner meetings, maintaining accurate files and records related to the board of directors, senior management, and clients/partners. Assists in the development of communications to the board, senior management and clients/partners, and assists in the development and planning of the annual board and senior management strategy retreat.
- Assists the Executive Directors in developing, planning and executing company-wide, and or office-wide communications and events, including monthly all staff meetings, employee recognition events, office parties, and other eHA events.
- Assists Executive Directors and senior staff in the development, maintenance and reporting of metrics related to the organization’s strategic plan; assists in the review and assessment of the strategic plan; assists with examination of business operations to propose improvements to business results and operational effectiveness
- Collects and maintains up-to-date research on potential grant making organizations and grant/contract opportunities. Writes grants. Strategically manages components of the data management processes. Monitors regulatory compliance. Works internally with staff to structure processes and requirements for grant management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned Administrative staff.
Skills and Experience
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Business Management, Finance or related field is required.
- A graduate degree in Business Management, Finance, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior management position, including an advisory or consulting capacity; finance; corporate strategy; or COS in a similar environment is required.
- Experience with, or knowledge of policy and research supporting and advocating for global healthcare, human services, or development programs in the communities in which eHA serves is a plus.
- Experience dealing with confidential and sensitive data and information, as well as responsibility for communications.
- Demonstrated strong performance in previous roles with increasing levels of responsibilities and independence.
- Ability to understand and anticipate challenges facing executives and be able to manage/reschedule priorities effectively and proactively. Good mind reader and sense of humor.
- Ability to quickly understand business and technical concepts, instructions, applications. Intellectual curiosity.
- A solid understanding of operations, reporting and forecasting.
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills with impeccable business judgment, and guided by exceptional common sense.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter who acts independently and directs one’s own work.
- Strong, demonstrated leadership skills that include the ability to work collaboratively with executive and senior management, project teams, and clients/partners.
- Exemplary interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively present and execute innovative ideas. Open to feedback.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively, and handle stressful situations with measured calmness and decisiveness.
- Ability to provide training, expertise, coaching and mentoring to internal staff on best practices and organizational requirements.
- Must possess personal integrity and be completely trustworthy.
- Ability to drive the eHA mission; ability to influence and establish confidence among individuals at all levels of the organization.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment11 hours ago
“Manipulative As Ever People” – Erica‘s Manager Drags Laycon Over Interview
- Entertainment11 hours ago
Mike Edwards’ Wife, Perri Shares Lovely Family Photo On Instagram
- Entertainment8 hours ago
Singer Davido Reveals Secret To Staying Rich (Photo)
- Entertainment14 hours ago
VIDEO: Weird Controversies Trail Wedding Ceremony Of Nigerian Actor, Williams Uchemba
- Entertainment11 hours ago
‘Life Is A Journey, Not A Competition’ – Crossdresser Jay Boogie Throws Shade At Bobrisky
- News Feed9 hours ago
Smoking Weed Is The First Sign Of A Useless Boyfriend -Nigerian Lady Says
- Entertainment11 hours ago
“Start Saving Your Money Now”- Kiddwaya Advises Celebrity Friends
- National News14 hours ago
#EndSARS: UK Parliament Does Not Speak For British Govt – FG