Connect with us

News Feed

Australian Negotiator Reveals Boko Haram Sponsors And Plans

Published

on

Negotiator Dr. Stephen Davis believes Boko Haram might make a move to establish contact with the world terrorist groups Al Shabaab and the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and alleges the insurgents are sponsored by some Nigerian politicians.

6IJ02ILZKwPDN5cLFbpQgBAr

According to Punch, while Al Shabaab has taken over most of Southern Somalia in 2006, the Iraqi ISIS along with Al-Qaeda is considered the most violent Jihadist group in the world.

Experts continue comparing Boko Haram strategy with the one of the most dreaded international terrorist groups and now Davis, allegedly secretly hired by President Goodluck Jonathan in the past to negotiate on the release of Chibok girls, comments on the sect tactics.

Who is Dr. Stephen Davis?

The 63-year-old Australian expert had acted as a negotiator not only in the Chibok issue, but also as an adviser for Olusegun Obasanjo and Shehu Yar’Adua. Davis spent 4 intense months in the North-East and his life was subject to extreme danger while he tried to rescue more than 200 school girls kidnapped by Boko Haram on April 14. He returned with rare footage of the intense fighting in the region, Yahoo recalls.

Expert about Boko Haram moves and sponsors

With a PhD in political geography and years of experience behind, Davis in a recent interview with Radio Australia explained that the main aim for the Nigerian authorities was now to block Boko Haram funding and find its sponsors, alleging that some banks and politicians are among them. Davis said that many of the insurgency sponsors were in the opposition adding that the President should try to prosecute them, which would be hard though.

“That makes it easier in some ways as they can be arrested, but of course the onus of proof is high and many are in opposition, so if the President moves against them, he would be accused of trying to rig the elections due early next year. So, I think this (insurgency) will run through to the election unabated. These politicians think that if they win power they can turn these terrorists off, but this has mutated. It’s no longer a case of Muslims purifying by killing off Christians. They are just killing indiscriminately, beheading, disembowelling people – men, women and children and whole villages.”

He added however that the dreaded Nigerian sect is gradually getting out of its sponsors’ control and aims at linking up with the infamous world terrorist groups.

“Terror groups are linking up in Somalia, southern Sudan, Egypt and we have fairly strong evidence they are talking with ISIS members. They will link up with ISIS and Al Shabaab and I think that what we are seeing in that region is the new homeland of radical Islam in the world.”

Davis about Chibok mission

When asked about his experience of acting as a negotiator for the released of school girls abducted in Borno, the expert narrated how his life had been jeopardized on numerous occasions and how the Australian passport saved him from being killed.

“When confronted by groups with an AK-47 in my face they’d say, ‘you are American, we have to kill you. When you say, no I’m not American, they think you are British, and say you will still die, but when I said I’m Australian, they said that’s all right. I have no idea why but it’s certainly been helpful.”

Davis also revealed how the rescue of some girls was sabotaged after it had been almost carried out.

“They [Boko Haram commanders] told me they would be prepared to release some as a goodwill gesture towards a peace deal with the government, so I went to Nigeria on the basis of being able to secure their release. The girls were there, 60 girls. There were 20 vehicles with girls. We travelled for four-and-a-half hours to reach them, but 15 minutes before we arrived, they were kidnapped again by another group who wanted to cash in on a reward. The police had offered a reward of several million naira just 24 hours before we went to pick them up. I understand, from the Boko Haram commanders I spoke to, the girls eventually ended up back with them. I don’t know what happened to the group that took them but I suspect it wasn’t good.”

The majority of girls, except for those who managed to escape from the terrorists, are still held in captivity. The military have been repeating for months that they located the children’s whereabouts, adding that they do not want to use force to rescue them alive. Despite both national and global attempts, the sad truth remains unchanged: the girls have been missing for more than 4 months.

Comparing Boko Haram and IS

Various reports circulating in the media refer to analysts alleging that the Nigerian group imitates Islamic State in Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. The similarities became even more evident after Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau had declared Islamic caliphate in Gwoza in the new video obtained by AFP this Sunday, August 24.

Some analysts insist that his claim was connected with his attempt to find more media attention like IS which gained headlines of world famous newspapers after having recently seized parts of Iraq and Syria in a brutal onslaught.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. makei talk

    August 28, 2014 at 8:02 pm

    The Alternate name & meaning of Islam is TERROR. Just check out these people ALL OVER the world. Even amongst themselves, they kill without mercy…Haba?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Tinubu finally speaks on Lekki shooting, tells Buhari to find culprits

Published

on

Tinubu finally speaks on Lekki shooting, tells Buhari to find culprits

Former Governor of Lagos state and the All Progressives Congress (APC) Chieftain, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has commented on the Lekki toll gate shooting that left many dead and several others injured.

The Lagos politician who was interviewed via telephone by a Channels TV reporter, Olu Philips, shared his shock over the shooting and also revealed that he is ready to complain to the highest authorities.

Contrary to people’s predictions, Tinubu however denied ordering the shooting and also stated that he can only control his security guard. He again reiterated that he will never be part of any group that uses live ammunition against protesters.

Insisting that he has always been an activist, the APC Chieftain expressed sympathy for the victims of the incident and advised the federal government to “fish out whoever gave the order (for the shooting) and put them on trial”.

He then recalled how he was falsely accused of being behind #EndSARS protests. Tinubu who noted that he doesn’t believe that Buhari ordered the shooting, appealed for calm over the incident. He also denied having a stake in the Lekki toll gate or suffering a loss due to the continous blockage of the area by #EndSARS protesters.

He said,

“It is early hours of the morning, there’s no way I can talk to the authorities or wake them up now. I have tried to reach the NSA, I have tried to reach the head of the army.

“You don’t call the president at this hour, but I strongly condemn the act. There are other means of settling or dispersing protest. Why would they use live bullets? There are rubber bullets.

“I am not even sure yet they are Nigerian army, I am not sure how well the uniforms of the army are controlled. But that is not as critical as the bloodshed that has occurred.

“We have lost our sleep, we have lost our peace of mind, (and) we just have to deal with it.”

Continue Reading

News Feed

Buhari Will Come Up With Solutions In Few Hours -Major General Babagana Monguno

Published

on

Buhari Will Come Up With Solutions In Few Hours -Major General Babagana Monguno

It has been reported that the National Security, Major General Babagana Monguno (retd), on Thursday said the President Muhammadu Buhari, would come up with solutions to the ongoing violence erupting in parts of the country ”in the next few hours”.

Babagana Monguno Says Buhari Is Coming Up With Solutions

According to Punch, May Babagana did not disclose the solutions, he said they would communicate to parties concerned.

Mongunu revealed this in an interview with State House correspondents at the end of a meeting of the National Security presided over the President.

The NSA also did not disclose whether the President will announce the solutions through a national broadcast.

He said,

“The President himself, I have just left his office, is also going to deal with these issues in a specific manner apart from what has just taken place in council.

I believe in the next couple of hours, Mr President will come up with certain solutions that will be agreeable to the entire federation.”

Continue Reading

News Feed

Another Warehouse Loaded With COVID-19 Palliative Allegedly Uncovered In Lagos

Published

on

Another Warehouse Loaded With COVID-19 Palliative Allegedly Uncovered In Lagos

Lagos State residents have again uncovered another warehouse where COVID-19 palliatives are been stored.

The palliatives discovered on Thursday (today), October 22, were meant for residents of Festac-Okota but were secretly stored in the warehouse.

According to reports, at least four people have died at the warehouse due to the hundreds of people that gathered to cart away the food items which include rice, beans, yams, and others.

However, the individual or group of persons who stored up the food items believed to have been provisioned by the government to share for the masses to cushion the effect of COVID-19 are yet to be known as at the time this report is given.

The angry youths and some old-aged citizens in the area gain entrance into the warehouse with force and do away with food items of their choices.

See video below;

Continue Reading

Trending