Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Overall Purpose of Job:
Supports transaction planning and processing efforts to ensure all procurement activities are delivered in the most cost effective manner without compromising on quality and EHSQ standards, while meeting customer expectations for efficient and effective service delivery.
- Executes procurement plans to support business and operational needs based on requirements stated in the business plans and budgets of individual entities and departments.
- Makes useful recommendations for cost savings for more efficient and effective procurement and service delivery.
- Ensures the needs of requestors are proactively identified and met; takes appropriate actions by handling request orders, supporting tendering/bid management processes, contract negotiation, price management, service delivery, vendor management and communication efforts with suppliers.
- Supports procurement contract negotiation efforts as may be required from time to time; with supervision, negotiates favourable basic vendor agreements.
- Works to effectively remove any obstacles to ensure optimal delivery of services to the highest standards thereby achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Interprets contract provisions in processing procurement transactions.
- Management of request for quote (RFQ) or call for tender (CFT) process to obtain appropriate proposals/quotes from vendors.
- Prepares commercial evaluation, makes recommendation for bid selection, liaises with customers and prepares recommendation report; submits these for review and sign-off and approval by the Head, Procurement and customer’s management.
- Organizes technical evaluation of bids and ensures Purchase Orders comply with appropriate specifications, conditions and clauses; issues Purchase Orders for approval in line with process guidelines and specified approval limits.
- Work closely with suppliers and customers to improve operations and reduce costs
- Create integrated processes among Operations, Procurement, Logistics and outside suppliers to execute the planning/replenishment process
- Familiar with the development, use, and implementation of planning and forecasting systems
- Supports procurement, contract negotiation efforts as may be required from time to time; negotiates favorable basic vendor agreements
- Carries out vendors’ performance appraisal with support
- Maintains adequate vendor documentation and/or specification on sources of supply, costs, delivery, vendor performance ratings, and quality requirements
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timeliness and effectiveness of the company’s tendering management system and procedures and vendor selection
- Performance on internal audit examinations; number and complexity of queries raised
- Effective and timely delivery of deliverables
- Quality, timeliness and effectiveness of internal and external communications efforts
- Cost effectiveness of solutions deployed
- Internal Customer satisfaction level
Skills and Experience
- 1st degree from a reputable tertiary institution
- 2 – 4 years work experience, within a reputable and structured organization preferably an Oil and Gas multinational; prior General Administration experience is an advantage
- Negotiation & Contract Management
- Numeracy and Analytical skills
- Basic Accounting
- Project Management
- Creativity & Innovation
- Interpersonal Relations
- Good Oral & Written Communication
- Good PC Skills (incl. MS Office)
- Reporting & Presentation
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘How Can You Be Angry That Someone Is Happy’ – Singer Davido Blows Hot
- Entertainment24 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment16 hours ago
BBNaija’s Kiddwaya, Erica Arrive In Sierra Leone; Susan Waya Asks Fans To Pray For Them
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Singer Johnny Drille Releases New Song, ‘Mystery Girl’
- Entertainment19 hours ago
‘I’ve Learnt Not To Worry About Public Perception’ – Nengi
- Entertainment21 hours ago
‘I Don’t Care About Who Talks About Me’ – Bobrisky
- National News16 hours ago
Shehu Sani Reacts To Hisbah’s Call For Scrapping Of Black Friday
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Nicki Minaj Becomes First Female Rapper To Surpass 20 Billion Streams On Spotify