Novartis provides healthcare solutions that address the evolving needs of patients and societies – products to prevent and treat diseases, ease suffering and enhance quality of life. The Novartis portfolio focuses on science-based healthcare sectors that are growing and reward innovation, such as pharmaceuticals, eye care and generics. Novartis is the only company with leading positions in each of these areas. Novartis research is driven by a distinctive clinical and scientific strategy focusing on unmet medical need and knowledge of disease.
To expand Capacity Building targeted at health professionals, national malaria program leaders and logistics/procurement specialists, by fostering knowledge transfer, encouraging sharing of learnings and best practices, with the ultimate goal to improve the effectiveness of interventions including case-management with Novartis portfolio of anti-malaria medicines, serving vulnerable malaria patients.
To drive operations for the Malaria Initiative in sub-Saharan Africa and be the ‘person to-go-to’ for our stakeholders in the pan-African region.
Major activities :
ORGANIZE ANNUAL WORKSHOP FOR NATIONAL MALARIA PROGRAM MANAGERS
– Lead program development and faculty liaison
– Select theme/content in the healthcare delivery continuum where improvements yield largest increase in effectiveness of Coartem and Coartem Dispersible.
– Propose third party institutions (e.g. academic institutions) as collaborative partners.
DEVELOP AND DISSEMINATE TOOLS TO FOSTER CAPACITY BUILDING
– Determine topics for Capacity Building ensuring that they address relevant challenges for NMCP leaders and their partners in malaria healthcare delivery.
– Select partners, in consultation with NMCP managers, to disseminate Capacity Building tools
– Develop platform to facilitate sharing of best practices by NMCP manager in between Novartis hosted workshops.
– Add functionality and innovation to the platform to exchange proven practices, connect with colleagues to improve health outcomes of malaria programs.
PREPARE THE MARKET FOR THE LAUNCH OF NEW FORMULATIONS AND MOLECULES
– Drive (pre-)launch activities for introduction of Coartem 80/480 in public sector.
– Ensure that Coartem 80/480 is listed in malaria treatment guidelines, procurement/tender specifications.
– Provide commercial input into development of new molecules based on input/insights from public sector stakeholders.
MANAGE OPERATIONS FOR THE MALARIA INITIATIVE IN SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA
– Be the Malaria Initiative’s point of contact for SSA-based stakeholders in the public sector
– Provide local follow up for procurement related matters, in consultation with Key Account & Demand Director
– Serve as Malaria Initiative’s spokesperson to media, in consultation with Head of Communications
– Organize field trips/roadshows for Basel-based staff, international journalists, Novartis associates, as required
Key Performance Indicators :
– Number of countries and level of seniority of stakeholders actively participating in capacity building program, with distinction between ‘supply’ side, i.e. offering learning and best practices, and the ‘receiving’ or ‘demand’ side, i.e. those you are the beneficiaries of the program.
– Quality of tools developed to foster capacity building, i.e. overall concept, case studies, approaches to link the learning community in between workshops
– Number of countries listing Coartem 80/480 in tender specifications; number of countries adopting Coartem 80/480 through procurement
– Timeliness of communication and preparation of workshops / seminars / road shows
– Compliance with NP4 and local regulatory requirements (no audit issues)
– University degree (Business, Medical Degree, Public Health)
– Fluency in English, working knowledge of French is an advantage
Experience/Professional requirements :
– Thorough knowledge of and network in African countries (organization of health care system, local regulatory approval processes, marketing, supply chain, and governance).
– Experience in private sector organization, ideally in the health sector.
– Background in academic institution with teaching responsibility
– Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment21 hours ago
‘The People Who Don’t Know You Are The Ones Who Help You Succeed’ – Wathoni Ayansi
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- Entertainment21 hours ago
BBNaija’s Kaisha Signs Two New Endorsement Deals
- News Feed21 hours ago
Kidnapped APC Chairman Found Dead
- Entertainment24 hours ago
‘Don’t Respect People Based On How Much Money They Have’, Mercy Eke Advises
- Entertainment21 hours ago
‘Focus On Physical Attraction, Then Character, When Choosing Life Partner’: Reno Omokri
- News Feed21 hours ago
Vee Reacts After She Was Mocked For Signing Endorsement Deal With Brand That Allegedly Sells Bleaching Cream
- Entertainment24 hours ago
‘Nigerian Men Go Into Crime Because Of Materialistic Women’: BBA Star, Tayo Faniran