FG Denies Knowledge Of 63 Women’s Escape From Boko Haram Den

82b829eb27171db60c5df4aa148045f7The Federal Government has denied knowledge of the reported escape of 63 women out of 68, purportedly abducted over a week ago from three villages around Chibok, Borno State, by Boko Haram members.

The coordinator of the National Information Centre, Abuja, Mr Mike Omeri, stated this on Monday while briefing journalists on government’s efforts in the mission to rescue the abducted Chibok girls.

He said, “We are communicating with our people over there to verify this. We still have not been able to verify actually what happened and the figures involved and we don’t want to speculate and say things without confirmation”.

The NIC had earlier denied knowledge of the abduction of the women and girls, who were said to have been abducted in villages close to Chibok, where over 200 school girls were also abducted by Boko Haram insurgents.

Mr. Omeri advised that “Landlords must check clearly where their tenants are coming from because, of late, people with dubious character and intentions have moved to new areas and most of the people moving to these areas are the people we are actually looking for. So, know your tenants as you welcome them into your premises”.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here