Connect with us

Metro News

Chibok Girls: Jonathan Didn’t Tell Parents Anything New – Chibok Community

Published

on

GEJ-ChibokMembers of Chibok community in Borno State from where the over 200 secondary schoolgirls were abducted over three months ago, have lamented that even though it took the Presidency over 99 days, after the incident to meet with the parents of the girls, nothing new was said at the meeting.

“We all waited patiently for the parents to come and tell us something new concerning the girls but the poor parents rather returned home more confused”, said one Malam Musa, a native of Chibok, who resides in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

Musa said all that they expected to hear from the returned parents was how soon the rescue efforts will be and not what the government would do for them if they eventually got rescued.

He argued that similar assurances were given to them by Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, when he met with some 25 escaped girls as well as some of their parents in early June this year at Government House, Maiduguri, all to no avail.

“Our concern is the rescue of the girls whom we fear that their continued stay in the captivity of the terrorists may cause them a lot of physical and psychological harm, and not what the government would do if they eventually got rescued.

“I think there was nothing new which Mr President told the parents and some of the girls at Aso Rock because all those promises made to them had been made about two months ago by Borno State governor who said about N150 million had been set aside by the state government as part of what was to be spent on the girls while the rest would be expended on those in captivity should they eventually get rescued”.

“I think the real issue is not what would be done to assist them, but what is being done to free them which is more important because the longer these young girls stay in captivity, the dangerous it might turn out to be should they eventually return home. If it is what would be done after the rescue, it is not a cheering news as far as we are concerned”, Musa said.

Continue Reading
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. RAYSOFTRUTH

    July 28, 2014 at 10:48 am

    Why is Nigerians always trying to force the Gorvernment and the Millitary to reveal informations that are supposed to be hidden? Are they working with Govt and Military or with Bh.Expossing their strategies will make Bh to know and change tactice thereby making it impossible to rescue those girls.The Govt and millitory should be allowed to do their job so that those girls may be rescued.Attacking the Govt and Millitary is a way of diverting their attention from their rescue operations thereby indirectly aiding Bh. Instead of contributing to the fight against bh they are attacking those who are fighting bh.How then can we win.

  2. topgod

    July 28, 2014 at 3:15 pm

    if your sister have been kidnapped for 3 month and all what govt can say is if i rescued her i will send her to leave with Queen of england. They said dry dog meat is sweat but are going to eat before the dog is dry. expressing anger does not reveal any military strategy

  3. PAT O

    July 28, 2014 at 8:59 pm

    As the Police used to say, if you don’t like the police, next time you are attacked call the thug. After Ezekwesili or whatever they call her and her franchised groups have completely muddled up matters, we look divine help.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun

Published

on

Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun
Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun

#EndSARS protesters in Osun

The Governor of Osun State, Gboyega Oyetola on Saturday, escaped an attack by thugs which happened while he was addressing #EndSARS protesters in Osogbo, the state capital.

Some of the vehicles in the Governor’s convoy were also destroyed by the thugs but the Governor himself was evacuated to safety by his security team.

Also Read: #EndSARS: Hold Enugu State Govt Responsible If Anything Happens To Us – Phyno, Kcee, Zoro

As the convoy was leaving the protest venue, some of the youths continued to stone his vehicles.

While the protest was disrupted, Governor Oyetola assured the injured victims that the government would be responsible for their medical bills.

Continue Reading

Metro News

#EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Constitutes Panel Of Enquiry

Published

on

#EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Constitutes Panel Of Enquiry
#EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Forms Panel Of Enquiry

Babajide Sanwo-Olu

In a bid to quell the #EndSARS protest which is spreading like a raging inferno across the country, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the Governor of Lagos State has set up a panel of inquiry and restitution for victims of SARS.

This was announced in a statewide broadcast on Thursday.

The panel will be a 7-man panel which will ensure that all those with verifiable cases of SARS brutality or fatality receive compensation.

Also Read: BREAKING: EndSARS: Gov Sanwo-Olu reveals identities of policemen who harassed protesters

The Panel will be chaired by retired Justice Doris Okuwobi, while members are Ebun Adegboruwa, SAN (representing the Civil Society), Taiwo Lakanu (a retired Deputy Inspector General of Police), Patience Udoh (representing the Civil Society); Segun Awosanya aka Segalink (Human Rights Activist).

Others are Olutoyin Odusanya (Director, Citizens Mediation Center), a rep/member of the youth-led protest, and a representative of the Human Rights Commission.

There will be a help desk for the complaints and petitions to the panel.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Governor Seyi Makinde Loses 81-Yr-Old Mother

Published

on

Governor Seyi Makinde Loses 81-Yr-Old Mother
Seyi Makinde

Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde

Abigail Makinde, the mother of the governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, is dead.

The Chief Press Secretary to Mr Makinde, Taiwo Adisa, however, told newsmen that the family will soon make an official statement on the death of the deceased.

He said: “Yes. The family will make an official statement.

“The family will soon make an official statement. In the next few minutes, the family will make an official statement, in few minutes.”

It was gathered that Mr Makinde lost his father, Olatunbosun Makinde, a few years ago.

It was learnt that Mrs Makinde died in the early hours of Thursday.

She died at the age of 81.

Continue Reading

Trending