Metro News

Boko Haram: 82 Killed In Kaduna Bomb Attacks

The death toll in Wednesday’s bombing in Kaduna has risen to 82 as insurgents attempted to kill former head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) and an Islamic cleric, Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi, who both escaped unhurt, Vanguard reports.

There were two bomb blasts which happened in the space of two hours. Police said 25 people were killed in the first blast, but eyewitnesses told newsmen that about 40 died in the blast. Not less than 50 people were also reported to have died in the second bomb attack suspected to have been perpetrated by Islamist sect Boko Haram.

Buhari had announced the attempt on his life in a statement he issued immediately after the incident, where he narrated how the suicide bomber tried to carry out the deadly assignment.

The first bomb attack took place on Isa Kaita Road, off Ali Akilu road around 12:30pm, yesterday, when the convoy of Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi was returning home after a Ramadan Tafsir sermon. Bauchi had about three weeks ago escaped a bomb attack near his home in Eskolia quarters of Kaduna.

The second blast took place around 2:30pm, about two kilometres away from the scene of the first blast at the busy over-head bridge at Kawo part of Kaduna town as Buhari was making his way out of town.

Speaking to newsmen at the scene of the first attack, Kaduna State Police Commissioner, Umar Shehu said: “All I can say is that the Kaduna State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) and Road Safety Corps have told me that they recovered 25 corpses from this place. But you can see that we still have some human remains here. I cannot tell you the number of those injured at this point. That is all I can say”.

An eyewitness, Isa Saidu, 23, who spoke to newsmen however said he counted 41 bodies following the blast.

“I was at the Murtala Mohammed Square where Sheikh Dahiru preached to us. I was also in the convoy conveying him back home. It was a long convoy. Suddenly, I saw a man on a motorcycle carrying a sack or bag. He was driving very recklessly and defied the instructions of our security guard, who attempted to make him slow down. He then tried to come close to the car conveying the Sheikh but the security did not allow him,” he said.

“As he persisted, they pushed him off the road and he fell into a ditch, while the bomb device he was carrying exploded. I don’t want to say what happened. Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi’s body was covered with blood, but it was the blood of those who were protecting him. I can swear by Allah that I personally counted 41 bodies. It is the most terrible thing of my life.”

An eyewitness of the second blast, who is also an aide to Buhari in his account said a man in a Sienna car had trailed the convoy of General Buhari from where it took off.

“The car overtook other cars and came very close to the SUV in which the General was. His security details tried to get in-between, then the Sienna car exploded.

“The security men’s car was destroyed, and the three men were severely injured. The General’s car was damaged badly, but because it was bullet-proof, he came out unhurt, and was transferred to another car and taken away,” he said.

Although a reported said not less than 50 people died at the scene, CP Umar Shehu said after visiting the scene “I am told that 14 people were killed and four were injured. I am told that a VIP car was affected, but I am yet to confirm to you. I shall update you in time”.

Kaduna State Governor, Alhaji Mukhtar Ramalan Yero, in response to the attacks imposed a 24-hour curfew on Kaduna town after the blasts.

In a statement signed by his Director-General, Media and Publicity, Mallam Ahmed Maiyaki, the governor said the blasts were clear manifestations of the resolve by ‘agents of darkness’ to soak the land with the blood of innocent people for no just cause.

“Enemies of peace have visited us with their ungodly venom of wanton destruction of human lives.

“This blast, coming in the Holy Month of Ramadan is a clear indication that those behind the act have no iota of fear of God, as they have none for the sanctity of human life,”Yero said.

1. Aigart

July 24, 2014 at 7:37 am

Wayo people. Why is it that 82 people died around you Buhari when you were the target? Is it that those professionals have become so unproffessional that they can’t get their hit when it came to u? If this same attack was not masterminded and arranged by you so the mind of Nigerians can be waded from you. So nobody will suspect your direct involvement and sponsor of bokoharam. You think all Nigerians are stupid? Don’t worry, the next one you arrange in a bid to show that pdp is d one behind bokoharam, you will not escape the stage management. Namas

2. musa

July 24, 2014 at 8:19 am

let buhari kill d innocent ones & keep testifying

3. Jacob

July 24, 2014 at 9:31 am

Buhari stop decieving your self nobody try to kill you,you that is one of the founders of boko haram will they be foolish enough to kill you?stop lying buhari,you want to play the blaming game againg,hausas don’t we will soon go just fue months remaning for we the south south will be the niger delta republic of africa.

4. jmoney$

July 24, 2014 at 10:20 am

5. jmoney

July 24, 2014 at 10:24 am

Don’t mind d old coward called buhari and his mischieves,he want 2 become d president of nigeria by killing innocent nigerians and staging a coverup by killing more pple. Wat a heartless devil? D biggest mistake d ACN made was 2 hav merged wit his evil party CPC. But thank God dat Nigerian know d truth now and let’s see how d election not woe him,if he like let him kill everybody he will not smell dat seat. Never!

6. Comrade Idu Goddi

July 24, 2014 at 11:15 am

Haba, it’s not fair to criticise unjustly… Did u guys check out how the car got hit? If not God that made him to be in a bullet proof car, the rest would have been histrory

7. OLA

July 24, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Dont mind d fools.

8. christy

July 24, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Who are they trying to deceive,both buhari and sheikh planned it that way,they have paid those sucide bombers for that bloody job,if nt how come when d first bomb explode those protecting buhari die but nothing hapen to him? If truly those bombers ment to kill them,then how come they did’nt go to d mosq to do that?buhari should keep sheding blood but he should remember sani abacha did d same bt 2de to b found on earth,mr buhari’the evil men do live after ok?’

9. Mark

July 24, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Who dem dey fool?

All this one is just attempt by Buhari to make us believe he’s not boko haram.

He said it was an assassination attempt; how come the bomb went off from a distance where he was not touched. The aid only sustained injury (only God knows the degree).

In fact, the more i think about the whole thing, the more it appears to be orchestrated – a pre-planned action to get us believe that APC is not boko haram.

Mchew! Na d people wey loose dia loved ones wey i still dey pity.

10. Mark

July 24, 2014 at 7:23 pm

The funniest part of this story is that Buhari only succeed in exposing himself.

I’ve always been suspecting his involvement but now i’m more convinced.

11. Aigart

July 25, 2014 at 3:58 am

Ola, I told u in ur other post dat u are a GOAT, u thought I was joking. U see ur postings are foolish thoughts. How much are they paying u? Why not go and tie bomb on ur waist and go ahead for suicide bombing? I think that’s the best way to impress ur mentor Buhari. U stupid gooonnnn. U are just daft. Tell ur sponsors dat dis work u are doing is not honorable. Be reasonable for once.

12. meme

November 12, 2014 at 8:58 am

Shirmin banza d lion DAT one keep to feed wit human flesh if it doesn’t get what his master is giving him he wii some day eat d owners body let Dem not worry is just a matter of time dey most surely be espose. One thing I knw is DAT dey can not turn Nigeria to only one religion nd Goodluck will continue dama kamin a samu chingaba sai Kuwa an yi asara.

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own.

my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.