It comes as no surprise that after being together for years, you can unknowingly take your spouse for granted. The courtship should never stop. It should last forever through spontaneity and kind, loving words. I know that I love to feel appreciated, as I’m sure most women do. In addition to FEELING loved and wanted, it’s nice to hear it, too! To the guys, here are 10 things your honey still wants to hear after all these years.
1. “I’m so blessed to have you in my life.” Tell her this because it truly feels good to know that all of her hard work and efforts as a wife (and mom) are a blessing to you and your family.
2. “I’m so proud of you.” Personally, I find this to be music to my ears. It’s a very encouraging statement and it propels her to do even more!
3. “You’re still as (even more) beautiful than the day I met you.” Of course it’s man-law to compliment your wife, but the sincerity of this statement is very heart-warming. Outward beauty in society puts a lot of unwanted pressure on women. If you love the way she looks, tell her.
4. “I am happy to come home to you.” This is super sweet. Your house should be your refuge. If you say this to your honey, she might just give you something better to come home to.
5. “I’d marry you all over again.” Awwwww…to say that you would do this all over again says a lot! She wants to know that you are happy being by her side.
6. “What can I do to help you?” Now, this!! This is better than whispering dirty words in her ear!! Ask her how you can lighten her load…or how you can assist her and you’re guaranteed to bring a smile to her face.
7. “You’re a wonderful mother to our kids.” We wear many hats – wife, mom, friend, daughter, taxi, referee, etc. When you acknowledge that we are doing well at one of our most important jobs, it speaks volumes!
8. Refer to her as your “bride”. There is something magical about being referred to as a bride, years after the wedding. As a woman, our wedding day was one of the most beautiful days of our lives. To hear you say that brings back those memories and really makes her feel good inside. It actually does something to you when you say it. Try it!
9. “I appreciate you.” Simply put, it says, “I see your worth around here. Your efforts and all that you do for us, is not going unnoticed.”
10. “I love you.” Enough said.
As women, we are very strong, but delicate creatures. No matter what we’re doing or what we’re going through, we still love to know that we are loved and appreciated – especially to those who mean the most.
Nigerian & Jamaica Celebrates 50 Years Of Diplomatic Relations With Direct Flights to Jamaica
As the festive season approaches, travel enthusiasts and lovers of fun, relaxation or adventure, will have a chance to create history, by being part of the first direct charter flights from Lagos, Nigeria to Montego Bay, Jamaica. The flights are in celebration of 50 years of diplomatic relations between Nigeria and Jamaica. Both countries have worked hard to promote culture, education, industrial and economic development, at different levels.
The first flight will leave Lagos on 21 December and return on 28 December 2020. A second rotation will take place from 30 December to 6 January 2021. Each flight will last for just over 11 hours and relieves the traveler of the stress of securing transit visas via Europe or the US and the uncertainties associated with multiple connections.
The flights are being coordinated by the Jamaican High Commission in Abuja and Nigerians Travel Too, a leading tour operator based in Lagos and the UK. They are also a reflection of the creative fusion of the Nigerian and Jamaican history and culture, which both partners have dubbed the Nai-Jamaica Project. A dedicated website www.nai-jamaica.com has been launched, to showcase the range of travel and business opportunities that are available.
In tandem with the upcoming flights, handcrafted holiday experiences and multiple travel packages have been designed with each visitor in mind. The main items covered include: flight tickets, accommodation, airport transfers, tours and meals among others. [Participating tour operators are also offering free visa processing and support].
Nigeria’s trusted international carrier, Air Peace, will facilitate each trip with its elegant Boeing 777-300ER aircraft. Passengers will be able to travel in style and comfort across the First, Business and Economy Class cabins that are on offer at unbeatable rates.
Jamaica’s High Commissioner to Nigeria, HE Esmond Reid, has hailed the direct flights as, “An historic and unique opportunity, as part of our 50th anniversary celebrations, to reconnect with family and friends from Nigeria, Jamaica, the Caribbean and other parts of the world, in a world class tourist destination”.
Jamaica has won many international travel and tourism awards and has developed special COVID-19 protocols for the tourism sector. These are designed to protect and enhance the tourism experience for visitors and workers in the industry, in the face of the global pandemic.
Widely recognized as the “heartbeat of the world” and the land of Reggae Music, Jamaica is home to various tourist attractions and cultural icons such as Bob Marley, Marcus Garvey and Usain Bolt.
Visitors can never get enough of the opportunities for rafting, diving, golf, tennis, fishing, nature walks or horseback riding, among other exciting activities that are available in Jamaica. Places like the Abeokuta Nature Park and the Calabar High School also add special significance for visitors from Nigeria.
There will be nowhere else like Jamaica this Christmas and New Year. You can’t afford to miss this awesome Nai-jamaica experience!!!
Tickets are selling like hot cakes. Bookings will close on 20 November to guarantee visa processing, so don’t delay.
For more information on travel, tours and packages visit:
‘I Tested Positive To HIV After Gang Raped By 3 Men – Chef Ayomide
Nigerian chef, Ayomide Idowu, who is also a male rape survivor, has taken to his Instagram page to tell his story.
The openly gay young man recalled how he was allegedly gang raped by 3 hoodlums at the age of 19 because of his sexuality and how he eventually contracted HIV.
Ayomide revealed his life never remained the same as he was also arrested and victimized by the police.
In his words;
“I could remember last 5years ago
What I pass through from 3 hoodlums
I was thoroughly beaten and gang-raped
All because I’m Gay…they took advantage of me
I was 19years old boy then, I suffered humiliation
Arbitrary arrest from police,inhuman degrading treatment,I lost my precious Home at the age of 19years..no parents no family…it really hurts to be an orphan….after I lost my virginity from the raped….having unprotected sex from those hoodlums I WAS TESTED POSITIVE….being positive my mood changed…I started my medication and think less…I stay away from smoking and alcohol…I eat Good fruits and vegetables…thanks to God I’m a testifier now
I’m undetectable my CD4 850 viral load 10
It really worth testimony 🙏🤦im looking healthy and stunning…being HIV positive is not the end of life…it reveals the other side of you…my aims of sharing my life threatening story as an orphan,so that people can learn from this…. 5years living positively”
See his post below:
Actress Osas Ighodaro Celebrates Her 30th Birthday With Emotional Post
Nigerian actress, Osas Ighodaro penned an emotional note via Instagram as she clocked 30-years-old on Monday.
To mark her birthday, the single mother of one posted a monochrome photo of herself as she wished for people to continue praying for those who lost their lives during these turbulent period.
“Thank God for another year. Happy Birthday to me. If you know me, you know I absolutely love birthdays but this year it certainly hits different. I’m overwhelming grateful for life and thankful to God to be able to see another birthday bc unfortunately many haven’t and won’t have that opportunity.
I am hopeful for better days for myself, those that I love and hold dear and most certainly for my country Nigeria. I pray for unity, peace, harmony and togetherness. We all deserve it.
My birthday wish is to please continue to pray for those innocent lives lost. Please remain hopeful and focused because I truly believe better days are soon ahead by God’s grace.
Peace, Love and Blessings.”
See her post below:
- Entertainment13 hours ago
‘You Have Forgotten Days Your Wife Was Feeding You’ – Georgina Onuoha Drags Desmond Elliot
- Special Reports16 hours ago
Ikeja Electricity Officials Caught In Prepaid Meter Fraud
- News Feed21 hours ago
Man dumps fiancee for using N20k to buy food stuffs while he gave her N40k
- News Feed21 hours ago
Woman detained for 6days for violating curfew in Lagos (Video)
- News Feed21 hours ago
Hours after jailbreak, Edo prisoner kills neighbour who testified against him in court
- Entertainment15 hours ago
Desmond Elliot Breaks Down In Tears On Live TV Following Backlash (Video)
- News Feed21 hours ago
Desmond Elliot Acting For His Political Godfathers: Reno Omokri
- National News15 hours ago
Buhari Congratulates Oba Of Lagos On His Birthday