While the world may be leaning toward more casual attire, there are still a number of fashion mistakes and faux pas you need to avoid regardless of the occasion or dress code. They include:
1. Wearing The Wrong Colors
All skin tones are not created equal. The lime green or hot pink that you saw on the runways may look fabulous on the models, but horrible on you. Experiment with different colors and stick with the palettes that look best on you, regardless of what’s “au currant”. Don’t waste your money on clothes that make you look pale, sallow, jaundiced, or washed out. You may even want to consider color analysis if you’re uncertain which are your “best colors.”
2. Wearing Too Small a Size
If it doesn’t fit, don’t wear it. Squeezing into a size 8 may feed your vanity, but it will may you appear overfed to everyone else. Shop by FIT, not by size. If you can’t sit down or feel as trussed up as a turkey, you’re not going to feel your best.
Why put yourself through that kind of torture? Find clothes that fit or have them tailored to fit and stack the cards in your favor.
3. Inappropriate Makeup
Light for day, heavier for evening, sheer for sports or other strenuous pursuits. You wear different clothes for different activities in you life; your makeup should change as well. And if you’re still doing Cleopatra eyes, it’s time to turn the page and see what’s happening THIS century in makeup styles.
4. Wearing The Wrong Color of Hose
You’ll look taller and trimmer by matching the color of your hose to your shoes and your hem. Wearing a black skirt and shoes? Opt for sheer black hose. Have a bright blue dress and taupe shoes? Go for the taupe-colored hose. What? You only wear black hose because they hide things you don’t want people to see? Well, guess what: unless your whole outfit’s black, you’re CALLING ATTENTION to your legs. If that’s not what you want, it’s time to rethink your plan.
5. Rundown Shoes
You look great…from the ankles up. If your shoes have seen better days, find a good shoe repair shop and put them in for some TLC. Polish them regularly. Use a felt tip marker on scuffs, and put a piece of soft carpet under your feet when you drive. And most importantly, invest in a good pair if you’re going to wear them every day. Don’t buy them at the 5 and Dime and then wonder why they don’t last.
6. Broken Nails, Chipped Polish
Keep your nails clean and evenly trimmed. To make repairs quickly, have clippers and a nail file in your purse and desk at work. Paint over chips or remove all polish. If you’re in a business environment,stick with conservative nail polish colors at work and save the sparkly/neon/funky looks for weekends and vacations. Dragon-lady lengths are never appropriate for business.
7. Slips That Show
Unfortunately, one length does NOT fit all. Buy slips in several lengths and replace them once the elastic wears. For the most discreet linings, buy slips in the colors you wear most often, like black, navy, beige, and white. You want to mute the sheerness of your garment-not all attention to the color of your slip.
8. Underarm Stains
First, buy deodorant that works with your body. You may have to try a few to find the best one for you, and you may need to change every now and again if your chemistry changes, like after having a baby, starting new medication, going through menopause, or the like. My personal favorite: Mitchum solid. If you perspire heavily or need a surefire method to prevent stains, consider using dress shields.
9. Visible Bra Lines
Make sure your bra fits properly. If it rides up in back, slips of the shoulders, or lets your breasts sag instead of offering support, then it’s time to seek professional help. You can usually find trained fitters in the lingerie departments of better department stores. Call around for an appointment.
Hair color can do wonderful things for you, but it can also be hard on the budget. If you can’t afford the regular maintenance required by allover color, consider getting highlights instead. And whatever you do, make sure your hair color matches your skin tone.
Most fashion mistakes are easily avoided by a quick glance in the mirror. So take a few minutes to attend to these fashion details. Why spoil your look when looking great is nearly as easy?
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment14 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- National News18 hours ago
NLC, TUC Stage Walk Out From Meeting With FG
- National News17 hours ago
CCB Invitation: Magu Can’t Access Assets’ Documents, Says Lawyer
- Entertainment15 hours ago
“It’s Different And Classy” – Cardi B Praises Erica’s Fashion Style
- News Feed13 hours ago
Iyabo Ojo Finds Out Her Mum Lied About Her Age (Video)
- Metro News17 hours ago
Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu
- National News17 hours ago
Saraki Reacts To Kidnap, Killing Of Worshippers In Zamfara Mosque
- National News17 hours ago
Recession: Nigeria’s Economy On Way To Recovery, Says Osinbajo’s Aide