From the very first day of my life, my father has been there for everything. From the time I took my first steps as an infant, to the present, my dad has been a vital part of the woman I am and the woman I have yet to become.
As a young girl, your father is the initial male figure in your life. Your first love. He’s the one to teach you how to ride your bike and to teach you how a man should or shouldn’t treat a woman, amongst other things. Growing up, my father lived by all of those things he taught me. He was the first man to open the door for me, which showed me that’s what a man should do for a lady no matter what. He showed me the man I needed to find and the type of man I would need to raise as a mother.
While being raised in a household with my father, I didn’t realize that he is more than just the man who had a hand in raising me, but he was my first guy friend, a real life superhero and a teacher. When you’re a child, you never see the value in the amount of love, discipline and advice your parents extend to you until you’re older… and even then you may not realize how priceless it is.
I’ll never forget the time in my life where I was fresh out of a relationship and trying my best to mend a broken heart on my own. My dad noticed that I wasn’t my usual self, but he gave me my space to try and figure things out on my own. After a while he noticed that I was still shaken by the end of that relationship, so he decided to intervene as only a father could. One day he knocked on my door, came in and asked what was going on with me (although he already knew). So I began telling him and as he listened, he heard and felt the pain in my voice before calmly saying this to me:
“Baby girl, don’t worry about him, you don’t need him and there’s no need for you to feel the way you do… Someone new will come along and treat you better.”
For the next hour or so we had one of the best father-daughter talks we’d ever had.
My father and I have shared a number of great times. Throughout my life he’s taught me a number of valuable lessons that I will keep with me and apply to my life; and even now with my child, my father is helping me to bring him up in the way he should go by instilling the same morals, values and work ethic in him. Having a positive male role model in my life made a huge difference and I don’t know what kind of person I would’ve turned out to be without him. For those who have not had the experience of being raised with your father or a positive male role model, I urge you to seek out a man who you believe can influence you or your child’s life in a good way, because whether we want to believe it or not, the presence of a man in a child’s life is necessary. Now don’t get me wrong, in no way am I belittling single mothers, but I’m simply recognizing the importance of a good man in a child’s life. I’m forever grateful for all that my father has taught me and for what I’m still learning from him. My first love has shown me the greatest love of all over the years.
What lessons have you learned from your father or another positive male role model in your life?
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment9 hours ago
Actress Nkechi Blessing Hospitalized; Says ‘There’s Thin Line Between Life, Death’
- News Feed24 hours ago
“Call me evil names, idolator, juju worshipper, God is the final judge of all our actions” – Nigerian man who publicly denounced Christianity says
- Entertainment10 hours ago
Singer L.A.X Acquires Mansion In Lagos (Photo)
- News Feed24 hours ago
Why I love Erica more than other housemates – Kiddwaya opens up
- National News12 hours ago
Insecurity: Buhari Can’t Protect Nigeria – Moghalu
- National News11 hours ago
Insecurity: Restructuring Not As Critical As Hunger And Poverty – Amaechi
- National News11 hours ago
Donald Duke: Security Operatives Selling Weapons To Boko Haram
- Politics10 hours ago
Anyim Backed Out Of Defection Over Visit to Buhari – Umahi