CDI Corp. is an integrated, market-leading engineering and technology services organisation providing differentiated, client-focused solutions in select global industries. Its operating segments include the Americas, EMEA, APAC, and MRI. Its new service lines include Global Engineering and Technology Solutions and Professional Services Staffing. With more than 60 years in the industry, CDI has the expertise, speed and scale to help clients achieve a faster and higher return on capital investment.
Sector: Oil & Gas
Employment Status: Contract
Salary: 600 – 700 GBP per day
- Co-ordinate the pipeline construction engineering and constructability aspects of projects to ensure that objectives are met within the approved scope, budget and schedule with available construction equipment, assets and resources.
- Monitor and review Contractors pipeline engineering effort, ensure constructability and make recommendations to Senior Engineering Co-ordinator.
- Draft/ review/ approve the pipeline route survey and pipelay work processes.
- Prepare the documentation required by the necessary regulatory bodies with special reference to the pipeline route survey and laying works.
- Prepare and maintain the BOD for the pipeline project in order to ensure that all disciplines work to consistent and up-to-date information. The BOD will be maintained in a “current” condition throughout the project phases by regular review and updates.
- Develop specifications for material selection, procurement, installation, testing, commissioning and operation of the various pipelines in service with Company.
- Maintain pipeline records of all existing pipelines in order to avoid unplanned pipeline crossings, etc.
- Co-ordinate land acquisitions and secure pipeline right of way (ROW) easement.
- Co-ordinate and develop pipeline engineering plans and specifications including pig launchers and receivers, leak detection systems and flow measurements.
- Ensure that Addax quality control procedures are being followed while performing the various tasks on the project as per QMS and PQP.
- Perform construction engineering calculations for onshore and offshore pipelines, in accordance with international codes and standards, good engineering practice and specific project requirements.
- Interact with other disciplines as required for design development on projects and with Contractors / Vendors / PSC department. Co-ordinate with other lead engineers for interdisciplinary tasks.
- Identify issues that impede project progress and report to the Senior Engineering Co-ordinator.
- Prepare and present man-hour estimates, PEP and weekly reports, progress reports, etc as required.
- Technically evaluate and specify equipment and services associated with pipeline route survey, pipeline installation, PLEM installation, sub-sea mattress installation, subsea pipeline crossing construction, etc.
- Ensure the implementation of HSE requirements throughout all the phases of pipeline system design.
- To participate in HAZOP’s and other key design reviews.
- Co-ordinate and maintain pipelines environmental assessment studies and developing mitigation strategies.
- Identify new methodology of work process required for higher productivity.
- Carry out conceptual studies, including techno-economic feasibility studies for optimum pipeline design development.
- Provide offshore pipelay barge engineering support as well as other interdisciplinary support should the requirement arise.
- Carry out site visits, offshore and onshore, as required, to confirm that the works is being executed by Contractor as specified in the Contract and with optimum planning.
- Monitor and approve as-built documentation prepared by construction contractor, perform walk-throughs where necessary and prepare close-out reports.
- May occasionally be required to act in the capacity of consultant and produce discreet work package deliverables.
- To provide input to Front End/Conceptual/Detail Engineering studies with respect to pipeline design, constructability and operating issues.
- University Engineering Degree (Pipeline) – 2nd Class Honours or better.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years relevant oil industry experience 10 of which should be with an oil industry pipeline installation contractor at least 5 years must be with an offshore pipelay contractor in the role of construction engineering support and analysis.
- Must have worked as a pipeline construction engineer/offshore field engineer/senior pipeline engineer and have been involved in both onshore and offshore projects. Preference will be given to candidates with previous Operator experience.
- Must be used to working in a multi-discipline environment.
- Valid offshore survival certificate is a plus.
- Must have extensive experience of Offpipe, Caesar2 and similar construction engineering analysis software for construction support engineering including pipelay analysis ( static and dynamic), davit lift analysis, single point lift analysis, riser stalk-on and installation analysis, subsea pipeline crossing design/analysis, pipeline start-up and laydown analysis, spool & riser lifting analysis, PLEM installation analysis, and all associated method statements, procedures, specifications, etc.
CDI AndersElite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy