Metrix Resources Limited (MRL) is a manpower supply Service Company focused on support to the Oil & Gas Industry. Our team offers high quality services to provide the best outcomes in the recruitment and employment of personnel from a diverse set of business sectors. Our activities, aimed at finding a balance in the labour market serve to give our clients significance, which will support their business development via the growth of employment or improvement in the quality of their human resources.
Sector: Oil & Gas
FPSO EXPERIENCE IS ESSENTIAL !
An extensive current design experience is required in Mechanical design and engineering, for topsides & FPSO Mechanical layouts and detailed Mechanical design, all gained with notable design contractors and/or oil/gas companies within the petrochemical industry particularly with respect to offshore & FPSO oil and gas installations. The project currently under development will have a production capacity of 200,000 barrels per day (b/d).
- Co-ordinates all Mechanical Engineering activities and deliverables (specifications, datasheets, schedule, weight control Report, Analysis etc.) and ensures they are produced to the correct level of quality and in accordance with the project plans and procedures.
- Review, Validate and approve the FEED documents on FPSO / Topsides. This information shall be the basis for the detailed design.
- Estimates project man-hour budgets, reviews budgets with project management and maintains schedule throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Effectively manages changes in discipline work scope.
- Mechanical analysis in the areas of dropped object etc.
- Evaluate and process technical clarifications, NCR’s (deviation requests) from Contractor or mechanical equipment suppliers related to mechanical discipline requirements.
- Must have the capacity to work under pressure and managed the work within tight schedules.
- Undertakes all matters related to planning, progressing and reporting. Compiles / develops plans for the production and issuing of the Mechanical deliverables
- Supervises the creation of project mechanical material specifications, mechanical design standards, technical design instructions, Mechanical modeling, design and drafting activities, codes and standards, and discipline work practices / procedures.
- Ensures interaction with other disciplines for all interfaces and effectively co-ordinates Structural engineering activities with the project and client.
- Attends and contributes to design / construction reviews.
- Liaise with client discipline representatives to establish technical direction where not provided by codes & standards.
- Apply an awareness and willingness to work as a team member.
- Must comply with HSE and quality requirements including periodic Audits at the project and corporate level and ensure compliance of same by subordinates.
- Ability to coach and develop staff for both discipline skills and engineering management.
- Must be willing to work in Sub Sahara Region of Africa.
Job Specific Knowledge:
Substantial proven experience of detailed Mechanical engineering gained with design contractors.
Industry Specific Experience:
15 years minimum experience in Offshore / FPSO Oil and Gas Design industry
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Professional / Chartered Engineer (or equivalent)
Safety – Responsible for personal safety, safe working practices for WorleyParsons. Understand and follow HSE procedures.
Good knowledge of Structural packages such as PV Elite, PDMS/ PDS, AUTOCAD and MS Office Suite
Proven leadership, excellent coordination and communication skills.