Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market:
The Internal Audit Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to plan, organize and coordinate the implementation of audit plans across the Oando group as it relates to Information Technology (IT), business processes and operations.
This job incumbent has responsibility for implementing the day-to-day functions of the Internal Audit & Controls unit, to achieve objectives consistent with the group’s corporate strategy and business goals. This is achieved by Identifying IT, business and process risks associated with group’s strategic objectives, developing audit plan and conducting periodic and continuous independent assessments of the system and supported business processes.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the formulation and articulation of Oando’s business and system’s risk profiling, management and emphasizing the company’s risk tolerance levels/stance and threshold points for various elements of risk
- Ensures Oando is able to maintain the integrity of data and all business operations/ transactions activities, as the company grows, through the development, implementation and continuous monitoring of the business and information systems risk and internal control framework
- Ensures shared understanding of, and creates company-wide awareness about, the various risks inherent in our IT systems and operations and works with various employee groups to develop and execute effective risk mitigation strategies
- Identify and evaluate significant business risks associated with strategic and operational objectives of the company.
- Provide input into annual audit plan according to the strategic objectives and the associated risks.
- Develop and record a plan for each engagement which should reflect the scope and objectives of the audit assignment linked to the significant risk exposure within that particular environment
- Conduct audits and ensure efficient and effective execution of annual audit plan and amend when necessary
- Ensure audit reports are timely, accurate, objective and constructive
- Perform detailed systems review and complex analysis using CAATs tools.
- Provide input to the overall audit methodology and ensure compliance with audit methodology.
- Monitor compliance with the laid down policies, processes and procedures.
- Reviews systems and procedures across all business areas and recommends improvements to existing processes and procedures, where appropriate.
- Manage the day-to-day (unit based) operational issues.
- Provide on-the field and on-the-job coaching and mentoring of Audit Officers
- Bridge the gap between the Manager and Officers
- Acts as an interface with external auditors
- Acts as Manager, Systems / Business Risk & Process Audit during casual vacancies
- Conducts confidential investigations on control breaches, as may be necessary from time to time
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Percentage coverage of identified risk and controls
- Level of execution of the annual audit plan
- Timeliness of audit review and investigations
- Quality and timeliness of audit reports and updates
- Number of queries from the regulatory authorities and external audit reports
Qualification and Experience
- First degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related area.
- 3 – 5 years audit experience in review of business processes, risks, controls and Information systems.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent) will be added advantage
- Knowledge of the Oil & Gas Industry
- Knowledge of business process, risks and Controls
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP applications
- Knowledge of Risk Management and Internal Control Framework
- Proficient in the use of ACL, Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Good project management skills
- Focused and initiative driven
- Passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Good analytical and organisational abilities
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility, work autonomously and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment19 hours ago
‘How Can You Be Angry That Someone Is Happy’ – Singer Davido Blows Hot
- Entertainment21 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- National News24 hours ago
We Deliberately Shut Down Refineries – NNPC GMD
- Entertainment19 hours ago
Singer Johnny Drille Releases New Song, ‘Mystery Girl’
- Entertainment17 hours ago
‘I’ve Learnt Not To Worry About Public Perception’ – Nengi
- Entertainment14 hours ago
BBNaija’s Kiddwaya, Erica Arrive In Sierra Leone; Susan Waya Asks Fans To Pray For Them
- Entertainment18 hours ago
‘I Don’t Care About Who Talks About Me’ – Bobrisky
- Entertainment20 hours ago
‘Most Students Are More Successful Than Their Teachers’ – Jay Bugatti Claps Back At Bobrisky