Connect with us

Metro News

House Orders N225m Bullet-proof Cars Returned To Supplier

Published

on

The House of Representatives Committee on Aviation, yesterday, ordered the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, to return the controversial N225 million bullet-proof cars that were purchased during the tenure of former Aviation Minister, Princess Stella Oduah, and recover the money.

Chairman of the committee, Nkiruka Chidubem Onyejeocha, said NCAA have no business keeping the cars, stressing that the contract terms between NCAA and Coscharis Motors should be cancelled and the money recovered from the supplier.

Onyejeocha made this call while on an oversight visit to the agencies at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos.

“What we said about the bullet proof cars is that the contract should be cancelled and that they do not have any business keeping the cars. It should be returned to the supplier and then recover our money,” she said, adding that due process was not followed in the contract.

Earlier, the acting Director-General of NCAA, Engr. Benedict Adeliyela, said that the cars were parked at the NCAA’s office in Abuja.

Commenting on the concession agreement entered into by Federal Aviation Agency Nigeria, FAAN, and First Bank, Onyejeocha said the concession agreement was not favourable to FAAN, noting that the bank was not supposed to be doing revenue automation at the airport.

She was reacting to the statement of the Managing Director of FAAN, Mr. Saleh Donuma, that FAAN did not have any relationship with Avitech, who is the company responsible for airport automation.

According to Donuma, First Bank was the party that partners with Avitech to be collecting money from the airport on behalf of the bank.

Onyejeocha said the house was not satisfied with the concession agreements, saying “we have a strong opinion about some concessions, especially the one with Avitech.

“They said they were not directly in contact with Avitech, that it is First Bank that they know. They know that we are not satisfied and that is why they said that the zero car park had been terminated, which means their concerns is also our concern.

“On the issue of Bi-Courtney and Meavis, I think it will be better than what we have with First Bank. That was why during the bullet-proof issue, you already access more than N600 million from First Bank because they are collecting your money. So it is wrong.

“You said it with your mouth that Avitech is a technical partner to First Bank. The bank collects revenue. Do we need a bank for automation? A bank cannot come and do automation in airport. It simply means you just exist.

“You are just sitting here and your money goes somewhere else. So I do not know how you will balance that. If we say Meavis is bad business, First Bank should be the worse. They do not have any business collecting our revenue.

“I know that you should have somebody that should be collecting revenue and paying to the bank and that person is answerable to you since you do not have direct relationship with Avitech. It means that something is wrong because you said you do not have a relationship with Avitech that you only have relationship with First Bank.

“How will FAAN have a relationship with a bank apart from keeping of your money? There cannot be even proper accounting of the revenue because as they are progressing, you are retrogressing,” she said. [Vanguard]

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending