News Feed

Family At Last Reveals True Cause Of Singer Kefee’s Death

An official statement has been released by the family of the late gospel singer, Kefee Don Momoh who passed away today after two weeks of being in a coma.

The statement was made through the late singer’s manager who confirmed her death, stating that she died of lung failure.

The publicist added that the late Kefee was never 6-months pregnant neither did she have pre-eclampsia.

Read the statement below:

On behalf of the family… it is with a great sadness but grateful hearts that we announce the passing to glory due to lung failure this morning of our God’s mouth piece, chorus leader,daughter, wife, sister, friend Kefee Branama Queen … May her beautiful, gentle and precious soul rest in perfect peace. Amen!!

PS: In contrast to all earlier rumors and stories in circulation, I do state that Kefee wasn’t 6 months pregnant and neither did she have pre-eclampsia.

1. temitope

June 14, 2014 at 6:13 pm

May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace indid she was a rare gem gudnte sis till we meet not to depart again.

2. Awotayo

June 14, 2014 at 6:24 pm

We luv u but JESUS luvs u most.R.I.P

3. Gifted

June 14, 2014 at 6:24 pm

RIP Kefee

4. Obiageri

June 14, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Just like yesterday, ur music still ring in my ears. I will miss you. R.I.P my friend

5. ANGELA ULOKO

June 14, 2014 at 7:20 pm

ITS SO SAD.RIP KEFEE

6. bosun joshua

June 14, 2014 at 7:25 pm

May her jentle soul rest in perfet peace

7. Annyvibes

June 14, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Very very sad story, may her soul rest in perfect peace

8. Blessing

June 14, 2014 at 8:12 pm

May ur gentle soul rest in d bossom of God sis. R. I. P

9. saintd.i

June 14, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Kefee we love u bt God loves u most…
    May ur soul rest in peace. Amen……………………….
    Miss You…

10. wiseone

June 14, 2014 at 8:56 pm

May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace,we will miss u, but ur legacy will live long after,rest in peace may God grant ur family the fortitude to bear the lost.

11. peggy

June 14, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Ur beauty and voice will not be 4gotten in a hurry. Adieu Branama Queen.

12. Delia

June 14, 2014 at 9:05 pm

I’m so hurt,never expected to hear this,I love u even in death,rest in peace sweety!till we meet to part no more.

13. irene

June 14, 2014 at 10:05 pm

R.I.P kefee

14. nwosu jude

June 14, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Gone so soon……Rest in peace Kefee……

15. Hero Brown

June 14, 2014 at 10:36 pm

R.I.P kefee,

16. Agatha

June 15, 2014 at 12:53 am

Oh! what a shockg news. Such a vibrant lady wit swit voic.R.I.P Kafe, we luv u but God luvs u more. Ur footprint’l neva b deleted, adieu

17. Edukpo Napoleon

June 15, 2014 at 1:03 am

Kefee is what I will call an invisible LOVER to me. I, the entire Delta State & the nation will miss you. We LOVE you THE ULTIMATE.

18. Izuchucoco

June 15, 2014 at 1:33 am

We wud miss you dearly. My heart is heavy. I have lost a sister. May you rest beautifully in d Lord’s bossom Kefee…Oh God…!!!

19. KenzyPaul

June 15, 2014 at 3:21 am

So painful to miss you, R.I.P KEFEE

20. Fridaysunday

June 15, 2014 at 5:21 am

Our lovelu sister we love you but God love you most, may your soul rest in perfect peace.

21. British

June 15, 2014 at 1:54 pm

And death laid it’s icy hands on Kefee.When beggers die there are no comets seen,but this is not so with the death of queens and princess.The stars spelt out your name.Your sonorous voice is our heartthrob…Rest In Peace Kefee till we meet at the other side.

22. esther Patrick

June 15, 2014 at 3:34 pm

May d soul of kefee rest in peace amen.

23. olawole ayodeji

June 15, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Oh what a sad news keffy is gone just like that well may her soul rest in perfect peace gud nite keffy bye.

24. suntex

June 15, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Some flowers to remember keffe….mmmh why death…R I P. KEFEE….

25. stella livinus

June 15, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Am short of words……but what else do i say if not Rip.
    Kefee u will be missed, travel safe home.
    And to the family, may God give you the fortitude to bear this great loss.

26. CHRIS UHEGWU

June 16, 2014 at 1:18 pm

REST IN PEACE…………

27. nneoma

June 16, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Sad.

28. nneoma

June 16, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Sad

29. ifeoma

June 16, 2014 at 3:08 pm

What a life,RIP Kefee

30. martins agida

June 16, 2014 at 6:45 pm

We love you but God luvs u most, RIP kokoroko mistress

31. Abe stephen

June 16, 2014 at 7:24 pm

i cry for you branama queen may ur gentile soul rest in the bosom of the almight God.

32. Etaga Shedrack

June 16, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Life is unpreditable, Death is sure. It is unbelivable that our Urhobo Gospel singer Queen is Gone. But may her so Rest In Peace

33. Mrs. Inimgba

June 17, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Good night my love your works shall speak for you

34. gamezyno omo mamafela grandson

June 18, 2014 at 12:26 am

May ur perfect,precious ,gentle,generous rest in perfect peace

35. gift

June 18, 2014 at 10:28 am

nly God knows what happened to kefee may are gentle soul rest in perfect peace

36. #BAK

June 20, 2014 at 4:47 am

For the first time I shed tears after my Mum’s dead. Kefee’s dead really devastated me in such a way that ‘it hard for me to believe. My Love, My Sister, My Admirer, I love you, we love you but your creator loves you more. Him alone knows the real cause of your death, May He grant You Eternal Rest till we meet over there. Adieu Kokoroko!

37. francess osunde

June 20, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Rest in de lord the blessed voice I miss you.

38. Uche uzor

June 21, 2014 at 8:05 am

Celebration of life @ 30 yrs.Am so sad..i pray that d good lord grant you a eternal rest in his kingdom..Amen

39. odvores

July 1, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Kefee may u rest in peace.

40. potokri emmanuel

July 14, 2014 at 12:53 pm

It is better said than experienced … kefee may u be in the right hand of the most high, and rest in peace.

41. louboutin france

July 16, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I appreciate info! An individual answered often the question I posted on StackOverflow.

42. Alpacino

July 18, 2014 at 11:43 am

Words r nt enough to describes hw much i miss her (KEFEE),may the Almighty God grant her internal rest.Amen

43. m'nyk

July 21, 2014 at 6:43 am

The good die young.God u got reasons,we cant ask u why.RIP my praise queen.see u where we part no more

44. Funmibi

August 13, 2014 at 2:40 am

What a great lost. I like u right from the day I listened to one of your track and I can see the glory of God in you. I must tell the truth that I’ve learn through your song. May your soul rest in perfect peace.

45. Jennie

October 20, 2014 at 3:43 pm

I still mourn u my dearest Kefee and will forever do. D earth lost a gem but guess u were just heaven’s missing angel and God wanted u back home. Miss u soooo much. ADIEU

News Feed

Lekki Shooting: ‘I took a lot of gunshot victims to the hospital’ – Ideh Chukwuma

Lekki Shooting: 'I took a lot of gunshot victims to the hospital' – Ideh Chukwuma

Ideh Chukwuma has shared his experience at the Lekki tollgate protest ground. The Nigerian filmmaker revealed that he took, at least, 13 endSARS protesters cum victims to the hospital.

Chukwuma made this known in an exclusive interview with Premium Times, an online newspaper based in Abuja. He, however, noted that he never saw any dead body at the massacre scene.

He said;

What I will say is, I have been hearing people say “Lekki massacre, Lekki massacre.” I have to be honest with you if you Google the term “massacre,” massacre is a situation where a group of people were being killed by rebels or the military and going by that particular point, I would have been able to tell you that I saw a lot of dead bodies, this is how they killed them, there were a lot of dead bodies and so it was a massacre.

“But from the time I came, I didn’t see any dead bodies but I can certainly tell you that there was a shooting, an unauthorised shooting. I will call it a raid, I will call it assault. I am going to term it assault and raid. That is what I would use. It was an assault and I and I may be wrong but because I didn’t see those bodies, and I have not seen a family member that has come to cry and say one two or three persons have died.

If DJ Switch had seen that, she’s in the best position to say that because she was there. I cannot say she’s wrong. I was out of that circle. I was a few meters away. They were at the toll gate and I was a few meters away from them. I wasn’t there, I was at Lekki Phase 1. I can’t tell you what the military’s approach on their arrival was. So, I wouldn’t be able to tell you that they shot one, two, three, four, or five people. But I can certainly tell you that I took a lot of gunshot victims to the hospital.

If I took about 13 people to the hospital myself, minus the ones that the governor confirmed that were injured, he said about thirty, that is forty-something, DJ Switch might not be wrong. I took 13 to the hospital. So, if DJ Switch said she saw 15 dead people, by her own records, because she was there so she can speak on that part. I can’t speak on that and none of the thirteen people that I took to the hospital has died. They are still alive and some of them have been discharged.

He also recounted how the soldiers tried stopping him from helping victims of the shooting. One Soul added;

For the record, I was not at the protest ground with the crowd protesting when the military came around so I cannot tell you what guns they were shooting. But I knew I heard gunshots and people were running. So, what could have happened when I was not there, while I was in my car, I don’t know. It was when I came back I realised everyone was running helter-skelter and I saw people falling down. I saw blood, people being shot and it was all looking bad so I decided to keep going (driving) and I could see clearly this time that the army had surrounded the protesters.

“They were gathered together into a circle and the army surrounded them with their guns and they were still singing the national pledge while they were surrounded. They saw my car coming and I was waving the flag and one of the military guys was shouting “ Go back, go back” and I wouldn’t go back and I was like I want to check up on my friends and they shouted that I should “ Go back now!” and then I saw a lady that was shot on the leg and another guy who was shot in the hand.

Yes, and they saw me carry wounded people in my car. I saw another guy who was shot in the hand but the bullet did not go into his arm but bruised him so I carried the three of them and drove to Ajah. They rejected them. I got to the government hospital and they said it was only for mother and child. Then Doren Hospital, Ajah, accepted them and I was happy. I told the Director that I was coming back and I then I drove back to tollgate and they were still shooting and I came down from the car raising my hand up and the guy kept shooting and I told them I wanted to help people that were wounded and he said No I should go back and I said, ‘‘Sir, I cannot go back I have to check the wounded people, and he refused then I took off my clothes and I said “ Sir, you have to shoot me” then he cocked a gun and aimed it at me and I was like I will not leave if you don’t allow me to rescue these people. While he aimed his gun at me, his colleague brushed me and hissed then I walked in there and rescued four other people and rushed them to the hospital.

When I was coming back the third time, I came with an ambulance to rescue more people. While I was there, one of the guys told me that the military was keeping the wounded or dead people in their trucks. So what I was told was that the military took some people and that they thought they were taking them to the military hospital. I don’t know if it is possible that it is true or I don’t know. When I came back again, I told the man (soldier) that I wanted to carry more people in the ambulance and I helped more people in the ambulance and they were taken to the hospital.

News Feed

Hoodlums reportedly attack Actor Clem Ohameze in Uyo

Hoodlums reportedly attack Actor Clem Ohameze in Uyo

Clem Ohameze, popular Nollywood actor was on Thursday reportedly attacked by hoodlums in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state capital.

This was made known by a Twitter user who revealed that the actor was robbed of his personal belongings during the attack.

@simply_kemkem tweeted:

Veteran Nollywood actor Clem Ohameze was attacked in Uyo on Thursday by hoodlums. They injured him, took his money and phones. Quick recovery sir.

News Feed

Hoodlums storm Senator’s residence in Ibadan; cart away 300 motorcycles (Video)

Hoodlums storm Senator's residence in Ibadan; cart away 300 motorcycles (Video)

Hoodlums have paid a visit to Nigerian senator Teslim Folarin at his Oluyole residence in Ibadan, Oyo state capital.

It was gathered that the hoodlums made away with 300 new motorcycles, deep freezers, and other household items.

Senator Folarin is not the only politician who has suffered attack in recent times.

Information Nigeria recalls hoodlums, on Saturday, raided houses of senators in Enugu and Calabar.

See pictures below: