The Coca-Cola Company is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, the world’s most valuable brand, our Company’s portfolio features 15 billion dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitaminwater, Powerade, Minute Maid, Simply, Georgia and Del Valle. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juices and juice drinks. Through the world’s largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy our beverages at a rate of 1.7 billion servings a day.
This position resides at the CEWA Business Unit level and has the following main purpose of :
- Supporting the Technical Department in general and the BU Supplier Manager specifically in implementing a Strong and effective KORE Governance across the BU Ingredients & Packaging Suppliers in order to protect our brands and build sustainability.
- Using all available Quality data, metrics performance, process assessments, risk evaluation, etc. to track system performance for all Suppliers activities, drive risk out of the system; achieve and exceed the BU Goals.
- Driving Business Continuity by ensuring that the approved Suppliers have required tested and authorized ingredients and materials available, on time and in line with the Business plan quantities.
- Developing and proposing to the BU Supplier Manager; programs and tools necessary to drive Suppliers compliance to KORE, Company Policies and local regulations.
- Keeping CEWA Stewardship dashboard up to date in relation to suppliers authorization status and proactively flag potential supply risks
- Ensure that all ingredients are tested in line with KORE/CEWA requirements
- Ensure follow up with FTM’s, QSE and Bottler management in cases of risks and out of specification situations
- Ensure PICASSO database is updated and available to CEWABU Technical, Procurement as well as Bottlers
Suppliers Authorizations – 40%
- Preparation, tracking, communication, updating of annual Ingredients (Sugar, CO2, Local Juices, Nitrogen, Coffee, Dairy, tea etc ) audit schedule in the SharePoint
- Audit preparation, conducting of Ingredient Suppliers audit and reporting as guided by KORE.
- Following up for corrective actions arising from the audits and scheduling for follow up audits as required.
- Collaborating with TCCC appointed third party agents in Preparation, tracking, communication, updating of annual Ingredients and Packaging SGP audit schedule
- Tracking of Suppliers (Ingredients & Packaging SGP status and working with appointed third party agents & Suppliers for corrective action.
- Conduct Annual Supplier Risk Evaluation
Ingredient Analysis – 15%
- Collaborating with Franchise QSE Managers to ensure bottlers who make own CO2 and all external suppliers submit samples to a TCCC approved laboratory for analysis as mandated in KORE.
- Tracking of Ingredient (Sugar, CO2, Juices, Nitrogen, Coffee) samples submitted for analysis, and reporting the status for corrective action to be taken.
- Where required release ingredients for use by KO plants based on the analytical report results
Global Food Safety Initiatives – 15%
- Collaborate with Suppliers, certification bodies and technical associates to drive suppliers GFSI compliance
- Tracking of Suppliers (Ingredients & Packaging Suppliers GFSI status and working with certification bodies to ensure compliance.
Communication & Data Management – 20%
- Manage PICASSO data upload, Facilities and Sourcing Approvals authorization. Maintain PICASSO Ingredients, Supplier Recordkeeping database, SharePoint, etc.) to ensure all required data is loaded on time and is accurate
- Maintain auxiliary materials suppliers’ data. Collaborate with QSE for new materials approval and ensure data is loaded on time and is registered
- Review of Ingredient supplier’s authorization documents and analysis reports for confirmation of the authorization status.
- Disseminate and maintain records of supplier authorization, re-authorization and de-authorization letters. Ensure only authorized suppliers are used, Maintain authorized suppliers current list in Quality website & SharePoint for access by the bottling partners
- Disseminate and maintain records of and ensure all authorized Ingredient suppliers have the current TCCC Requirements & specifications
- Review of BU Supplier Management Technical Bulletins and working documents to ensure their full compliance with the latest KORE requirements
- Handle the frequent requests and queries from TCCC corporate, Group and other entities with regard to Suppliers QEOSH status, data, metrics, etc.
- Updating of Supplier Management reports as requested by BU Technical Leadership team.
New Supplier Development – 5%
- Collaborate with Bottlers, TCCC associate on Identification and Development of new suppliers.
- Ensure KORE is followed during the new supplier’s and material evaluations and approval.
Support Functions – 5%
- Support franchises in troubleshooting and to mitigate QSE and Food Safety risks with our suppliers.
- Assist the BU Supplier Manager in organizing conferences, capability development sessions and other meetings as required
Dissemination of information by this role will span across the Business unit, Group and Corporate offices primarily to drive Compliance and Sustainability.
- Establish communication with bottling plants on IGI results and respective follow up with suppliers
- Support Ingredients suppliers in GFSI/QMS implementation and maintenance
- Dissemination of information to suppliers – will largely be at the Management level to Driving compliances related to the supplier roles.
- Communication of the required Standards as well as the authorization processes, audit reporting and preparation/reviews of CAPS with the Supplier.
- Ensure full compliance of all Picasso CEWA suppliers through Training and Information dissemination
- Support Supplier Manager in establishing CEWA Supplier GFSI Forum driving sustainable complianceANALYSIS:
- Supplier understanding and compliance to KORE.
- Review and monitor ingredient analysis done by suppliers to required frequencies. Address gaps including needs for investment in cases where the ingredients are out of spec.
- Keeping up to date with international Quality & Food Safety Requirements and ensuring this is communicated to suppliers
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
Input into ABP. This will be skewed towards investments required and flagging of potential supply shortages across the BU
- Approving new suppliers and/or new Ingredients for example : local juices, Dairy etc
- Approving innovative axillary materials eg cleaning additives, water treatment chemicals etc in line with the Corporate Authorization processes.
- Acquire expertise knowledge in relation to farming and processing of locally grown ingredients
- Self- proficiency continuous improvement
Coordination of work assignments through suppliers, vendors and cross functional teams eg Suppliers Meeting, Internal Meetings,
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS: Leader of Self
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- KORE: Knowledge and application of policies, principles and standards of KORE in order to ensure consistent quality, protect the Company’s trademarks, promote customer and consumer satisfaction and respond to changing business needs
- Ingredients & Auxiliary Materials: Knowledge of ingredients and auxiliary materials used in beverage manufacturing.
- Quality Assurance Principles: Identifies and clearly articulates the processes and quality control and assurance activities needed in the manufacturing of beverages as used in The Coca-Cola Company.
- General Scientific Principles: Understands basic chemistry and microbiology as it relates to the production of carbonated and non-carbonated beverages.
- Laboratory Testing : Knowledge Ingredient/Auxiliary materials test procedures, measurement devices, reporting methods.
- Supplier Development : Using knowledge of supplier manufacturing processes to influence and guide them in improving and developing their process capability, control and monitoring to ensure consistent delivery against Company standards
- Good Manufacturing Practices: Knowledge of the basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices. This includes understanding of Company and regulatory guidelines.
- Problem Analysis/ Problem Solving : Forming an opinion or making a decision through careful testing of assumptions and facts; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Risk Analysis/Management: Knowledge of and ability to manage the risk analysis/management process consisting of four components: Risk Monitoring, Risk Assessment, Risk Management and Risk Communication.
- Basic Packaging: Basic knowledge of Packaging materials and the related production processes.
- Basic Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or work plans to ensure successful completion (e.g. on time, within budget).
- Food Safety Principles
Required Experience: Minimum 6 years’ experience in the Quality Area in food, chemicals or pharmaceutical industry.
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, engineering or related disciplines with relevant quality management experience.
Conversant with ISO 9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and FSSC 22000 standards, Global Markets Food Safety Program and auditing courses.
Proficiency in French is an added advantage.
CULTURAL DIVERSITY: Responsibility and Interaction with: multi-cultural/lingual environment
- Frequent travels in countries facing social, political and economic instability.
- Variable Risk Exposure to Robbery.
- Travel by Air/Road.
- Epidemic risks.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Travel required: 30% to 40% of time, most requiring overnight stays
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
The closing date for this role will be 23rd June 2014.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- National News23 hours ago
Gowon Describes UK MP’s Fraud Allegations As False
- National News23 hours ago
Gowon: AfDB President Adesina Warns Against Misinformation
- Politics19 hours ago
Injustice Made Me To Dump PDP For APC – Senator Abbo
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- National News22 hours ago
Former Lawmaker, Shehu Sani Accuses FG Of Using Huge Loans To Buy Substandard Chinese Railway Locomotives
- National News19 hours ago
Buhari Will Set Nigeria On Fire If He Doesn’t Implement People’s Demands —Wike
- Entertainment6 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album
- Metro News21 hours ago
Nigeria Ranks Third On Global Terrorism Index Despite Drop In Deaths – Report