Connect with us

News Feed

Boko Haram: Concern Over Moles in Military

Published

on

There are indeed growing concerns within the mil­itary on the infiltration of its ranks by agents who leak operational strategies to Boko Haram insurgents that have of late increased their tem­po of ambush attacks on securi­ty forces, leaving on their trail high profile casualties on the part of the armed forces.

Boko Haram emir Abubakar Shekau makes his first major video appearance

The concern, which is the subject of a recent intelligence report on President Goodluck Jonathan’s desk, has already brought some military officers, soldiers and other security agents involved “in the chain of opera­tions against the insurgents” un­der 24/7 surveillance.

Saturday Sun gathered that the security report which also raised concerns over a possible link between some foreign mercenaries serving as Boko Haram field commanders and foreigners that had been erroneously recruited into the nation’s security forces.

It was further learnt that over the years, hundreds of citizens of some African countries especially Chad, Niger, Mali and The Gam­bia among others have settled in Nigeria, claiming either Kano or Borno as their state of origin and have as a result been able to get jobs into security agencies “sim­ply because they bear the same names as we have in the North while most of them have their ter­tiary education also in Nigeria.”

“Information available to us indicates that a number of Boko Haram fighters and frontline com­manders come in as mercenaries from some of these neighbouring countries especially those that have trained and fought along side some rebels in Northern Mali before they were displaced there. That’s why we are indeed con­cerned that there could be a possi­ble nexus between some of these fighters and their people that have found their way into our security forces in the past because a ma­jor challenge in our operations is the leakage of information and operational strategies which the terrorists have continued to use to ambush our men killing some of our fine and promising offic­ers. One of such officers we lost in a recent ambush attack in Mubi Adamawa State is Captain O. Ak­intola who was due to be decorat­ed as a Major this month”, a red neck security chief told Saturday Sun in Abuja.

President Jonathan had indeed raised the alarm over the infiltra­tion of his government especially the Armed Forces in 2012 when indications began to emerge that insurgents were not only enjoying the sympathy of some elements in government but were getting stra­tegic support to frustrate counter-insurgency efforts.

Jonathan spoke during an inter-denominational service to mark the 2012 Armed Forces Re­membrance Day had disclosed that the situation had made it more difficult to combat Boko Haram.

According to him “This is a particular time when the country has major security challenges. There are explosions every day, people are dying and are being killed daily without any reason.

“It is a period we also call on the armed forces, including those that have retired to hang with their colleagues that are still in service and government to see how collectively we can protect our nation.

“I believe we will overcome our immediate challenges. The situation we have in our hands is even worse than the civil war that we fought. During the civil war, we knew and we could even pre­dict where the enemy was com­ing from, you can even know the route they are coming from, you can even know what calibre of weapon they will use and so on.

“But the challenge we have today is more complicated. I re­member when I held a meeting with elders from the Northeast and some parts of the Northwest where the Boko Haram phenom­enon is more prevalent; some­body said that the situation is bad that even if one’s son is a mem­ber, one will not even know. That means that if the person will plant a bomb behind your house you won’t know.

“Some of them are in the ex­ecutive arm of government, some of them are in the parliamentary/legislative arm of government while some of them are even in the judiciary. Some are also in the armed forces, the police and other security agencies. Some continue to dip their hands and eat with you and you won’t even know the person who will point a gun at you or plant a bomb behind your house.”

Though the Defence Head­quarters has continued to dismiss or downplay insinuations that there are troubles within, it was gathered that much of the sophis­ticated surveillance equipment recently acquired by two secu­rity agencies have been devoted to tracking and monitoring many military officers and other secu­rity agents involved “in the pro­cessing of information, planning, deployment of troops and logis­tics for operations in the North East with a view to block leak­ages and fish out moles and fifth columnists in the system.”

The security source further revealed that some suspects had already been arrested as a result of the latest effort. Some of them are said to be going through fur­ther screening and investigations by their various formations.

While dispelling insinuations that some top military officers were being detained over al­leged links with Boko Haram on Tuesday, Director of Defence In­formation, Major General Chris Olukolade however explained that “Disciplinary processes be­ing undertaken in any formation of the Nigerian Army are at best routine and definitely not at the level that has been so willfully exaggerated for clearly sinister motives.”

In an exclusive online inter­view with Saturday Sun on the latest development, General Olu­kolade assured that strict meas­ures are being taken against fifth columnists in the armed forces adding that sufficient screening is also done at the point of re­cruitment to ensure that bad eggs are not given any opportunity.

His words: “all agencies par­ticipating in a joint operation come under one command. If anyone from any service or or­ganization outside the military is involved in any misdemeanor, the inter-service channels will be utilized to demand appropriate justice as stipulated by the laws/regulations of his organization after proper investigations and reports.

“As for the military person­nel, apart from the usual regi­mental procedures that work to prevent or sanction such tenden­cies, various provisions of the Armed Forces Act are available to ensure due justice in the event of any breach.

All investigations by the mili­tary police will seek to confirm enough ground for prosecution for appropriate trial process.

“With regards to the likeli­hood of moles coming in through recruitment exercise, this will not be as easy as imagined. There is thorough screening at all stages of the recruitment process. The process is quite capable of de­tecting any false identity.”

Notwithstanding the assur­ance from the DHQ, multiple security sources familiar with the process of recruitment into the nation’s security forces insist that only about half of the num­ber of those recruited go through the normal process while the other half are taken through rec­ommendations from high quar­ters and VIPs while subsequent background checks done by a few agencies are not thorough enough to discover anything aside those who forge education­al qualifications.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Tru justice

    June 7, 2014 at 4:29 pm

    Wat do u expect. When over 70percent of d military ar hausas

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Cleric Warns Bobrisky, Reveals When He Will Die (Video)

Published

on

Popular Nigerian male barbie, Bobrisky has been told to change his ways as he has just few years to live before he dies.

Islamic cleric, Hammed Ademola who claimed that Bobrisky’s money is from the devil said the crossdresser has about 3 years before he dies.

He further added that Bobrisky’s friends would soon have problems in their lives, which is a consequence of befriending an evil.

Ademola also said that Bobrisky would soon have regrets for going under a knife to be transformed from a man to a woman.

Recall that she recently issued a warning to all crossdressers to not think of taking her throne because she is the queen of crossdressers.

Watch the video below:

Continue Reading

News Feed

Dead Man Made To Sit On A Chair At His Own Funeral (Photos + Video)

Published

on

In what will come across as a really startling development, a dead man has been made to sit at his own funeral.

According to Trinidad Express, the dead man was embalmed into a sitting position, placed in the tray of a hearse and given an open-air last ride past the Office of the Prime Minister on the way to his funeral.

Dressed in a suit and in a chair, murdered Che Lewis was placed in the back of a pick-up van by Dennie’s Funeral Home and driven around Port of Spain on Wednesday.

Witnesses and social media users were stunned.

TTPS Road Safety Co-ordinator Brent Batson told Express via a What’s App message that the funeral home’s manner of transporting the deceased will be investigated.

The dead man was made to sit on a chair at his funeral

Batson said, “The TTPS is disappointed in the reckless behavior engaged in by a funeral home being circulated on social media whereby persons were seen seated in the vehicle tray seemingly as part of a funeral procession. Carrying persons in a dangerous manner is an offence Regulation 38 Rule 17 of the Motor Vehicle Road Traffic Act (MVRTA) with a $1,000 penalty and the TTPS will be continuing investigation into funeral company’s conduct on the road.”

Several videos of the ‘last ride’ were posted on social media, with many commenting that this was “proof that Trinidad is not a real place”, while others said they idea was only novel in Trinidad but was done in other countries.

Lewis, 29, and his father Adlay Lewis, 49, were shot and killed on November 15 at their home at First Trace, Bagatelle Road, Diego Martin.

His funeral was streamed live on social media, but not all the viewers were aware that the man sitting at the entrance to the church was the deceased.

There was also a question as to why he was not wearing a mask.

The funeral home informed that because of the “unique funeral, the church was astonished and refused the entrance of Che”.

Following the funeral service at the St John The Evangelist R.C Church at Church Street, Diego Martin the bodies of father and son were interred the St John The Evangelist Cemetery.

The funeral home also intends introducing a new form of body disposal to Trinidad and Tobago.

It is know as alkaline hydrolysis, a process for the disposal of human and pet remains using lye and heat.

Continue Reading

News Feed

Shebi You Have Your Own Life, Why Can’t You Mind Your Own Business – Bobrisky Slams Critics

Published

on

Nigerian crossdresser Bobrisky has slammed those trying to advise her on how she’s living her life asking them to mind their business.

According to her, in this era of the new world, no one tells anyone how to live their lives not to talk of a 29yrs old like hers who is living her life as she wants.

Adding that those trying to advise her all have their own lives to live therefore they should mind their own business and stop trying to advise her.

At this rate, it’s obvious Bobrisky is not ready to listen to any advice from anyone on how to live her own life as he’s now a big boy at 29.

screenshot below;

Continue Reading

Trending