Members of the radical Islamist sect- Boko Haram have abducted 91 persons from seven villages in Borno State, vanguard reports.
According to a local vigilante official, who made this known on Monday night, said the sect members also killed four people who tried to escape, adding that the victims were kidnapped between Thursday and Sunday from Kumanza, Yaga and Dagu, Damboa and Dagu, Damboa and Askira Uba Local Government Areas of the state.
Man claiming to be leader of Nigerian Islamist extremist group Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau, in video screengrab, unknown location, Sept. 25, 2013.
The Chairman, Sector 5 of the local vigilante group, Aji Khalil, who spoke on telephone said: “More than 60 women were among the villagers abducted by Boko Haram terrorists”.
“Some suspected Boko Haram members invaded Kumanza, Yaga and Dagu villages and kidnapped 91 persons. More than 60 married women and young girls as well as children and young men were forcefully taken away by Boko Haram terrorits. Four villagers, who tried to escape were shot dead on the spot”, Khalil said.
Another source, who spoke on condition of anonymity said: ”They went from one village to the other, killed about 30 people and took away many children and women.”
According to him, hundreds of villagers around the area have fled the villages to Lassa to take refuge.
It was gathered that news of the attacks did not get to Maiduguri on time as the villages are about 100 kilometres away from the state capital.
Meanwhile, as at press time, no official confirmation could be gotten from the state police or military. The chairman of Damboa Local Government, Alamin Mohammed, could not be reached on his mobile phone, but when the council secretary, Modu Mustapha was contacted, he said he was not authorized to speak on the matter.
It was further gathered from a source that four suspected sect members were apprehended by residents in Lassa, few kilometres from Kummabza, Gurdlagwal, Yafa and Yaza villages which had been previously attacked. He said that the suspects were caught while buying large quantities of foodstuffs at Lassa market, on Monday, adding that it was the quantity of the items that aroused the suspicion of traders and other people at the market.
“People suspected the four men may be Boko Haram errand men, who came to the market to buy foodstuffs and also spy for the insurgents” he said. “We’ve handed them over to the military for investigation.”
#EndSARS: People take time out to curse me in their prayers– Aisha Yesufu Reveals
Nigerian activist, Aisha Yesufu, has revealed that Muslims now take out time to curse her in their prayers.
Information Nigeria recalls that Yesufu lead #EndSARS campaign against police brutality and reforms.
The female activist disclosed this on her Twitter handle.
”Heard I am being cursed in mosques! People finish praying and take time out to curse me in their prayers I have asked they should please let me know how many of these curses they rained on me when I was making same demands during GEJ! We are all already cursed in Nigeria”
Heard I am being cursed in mosques! People finish praying and take time out to curse me in their prayers
I have asked they should please let me know how many of these curses they rained on me when I was making same demands during GEJ!
We are all already cursed in Nigeria
— Aisha Yesufu (@AishaYesufu) October 30, 2020
Hoodlums loot Ndoma-Egba house in Calabar, cart away his late father’s robes
Hoodlums who destroyed and looted the residence of former leader of the Nigerian Senate, Victor Ndoma-Egba in Calabar reportedly carted away the Judge’s robes of the politicians’ father.
Reacting to the incidence, Ndoma-Egba appeared to the hoodlums to return the robes of his late father who was a judge.
Ben Ayade, governor of the state, had imposed a 24-hour curfew as part of measures to contain the situation but the mob broke loose.
In a statement, Ndoma-Egba narrated how he got intelligence on the attack but despite informing security agencies, “nothing was done to stop the attack”.
“At about 2 am (local time, as I was abroad) on Saturday 24th. October 2020 I received a text informing me that there were plans by arranged hoodlums to attack my residence in Calabar, that of Senator Gershom Bassey and a hotel owned by Senator John Owan Enor,” he said.
“I promptly forwarded the texts to Senators Bassey and Owan Enoh. I also called the security agencies in Calabar to apprise them of the information. Calabar from my information was already tense from the previous day’s break-in into warehouses storing COVID 19 palliatives and the subsequent breaching of shops and other businesses. The impending attack on Senators Bassey, Owan Enoh and I was already public knowledge as later that morning I got many calls to that effect.
“Thereafter I kept calling the security agencies by the hour when in spite of their assurances that they will secure my house there was no evidence of any security personnel in my vicinity. I understand, the times were indeed confounding for everybody.
“At about 2 pm the intruders broke into my house and looted it to the ground leaving only the bare floor. All the toilets, baths, pumps and indeed every imaginable fitting were removed as were items of furniture, clothing, a huge collection of mainly rare, out of print books, documents and historic photographs. They also removed all the windows, railings, family pictures and burglary proofs. Even my private chapel was not spared.
“They set the cars ablaze and parts of the building after more than four hours of interrupted operations in my house. It was methodical. Among the intruders were obviously electricians, plumbers, carpenters, motor mechanics, panel beaters and other tradesmen. Mercifully, no life was lost. I started building the house in 1991 and moved in in January, 2009.
“While not prejudging, and without prejudice to the work of the security agencies, I have forgiven the intruders, and pray fervently for them to find meaning, inner peace, and fulfilment in their lives. I only plead that they return my late father’s judges robes which they certainly would not be needed for anything and is surely incriminating.
“The destruction of my house was clearly premeditated, wanton and unjustifiable but I understand the anger in the land especially amongst our youths. However, if looting and burning my home will better their lives and bring positive change to our land, then it is a sacrifice my family and I gladly make.”
Ndoma-Egba said there is an urgent need to educate, motivate and engage the youth if they must be a blessing to the country.
Fan asks Kaisha to meet Erica for lessons on how to become a bad girl
Nigerian entrepreneur Kaisha Umaru who shot to fame after she appeared on Big Brother Nigeria 2020 has replied a fan who advised her to meet Erica for lessons on how to become a bad girl.
Kaisha Umaru, the 25-year-old entrepreneur from Sokoto State had taken to Twitter to ask her fans how she can become a bad girl. The ex housemate stated that she needs lessons, and her fans suggested different ways for her.
However, a particular fan advised her to meet her fellow reality TV star, Erica Nlewedim who was disqualified from the last season of the Big Brother reality show.
“Ask Erica she’ll give you lessons on how to be a good and bad girl”, Kheeks wrote.
Check out Kaisha’s reaction below;
- Entertainment13 hours ago
‘You Have Forgotten Days Your Wife Was Feeding You’ – Georgina Onuoha Drags Desmond Elliot
- Special Reports16 hours ago
Ikeja Electricity Officials Caught In Prepaid Meter Fraud
- News Feed21 hours ago
Man dumps fiancee for using N20k to buy food stuffs while he gave her N40k
- News Feed21 hours ago
Woman detained for 6days for violating curfew in Lagos (Video)
- News Feed21 hours ago
Hours after jailbreak, Edo prisoner kills neighbour who testified against him in court
- Entertainment15 hours ago
Desmond Elliot Breaks Down In Tears On Live TV Following Backlash (Video)
- News Feed21 hours ago
Desmond Elliot Acting For His Political Godfathers: Reno Omokri
- National News15 hours ago
Buhari Congratulates Oba Of Lagos On His Birthday