The General Overseer, Prophet Obas Kayode of Cherubim and Seraphim (C&S) Church has narrowly escaped death following a bloody clash over the control of a wing of the church and bitter leadership tussle over alleged financial impropriety.
Church loyalists to the sons of the founding General Overseer of the church, Prophet Oni Jolugba on May 19, 2014 were allegedly said to have razed down the pastor’s multi-million naira 50 room hotel, pharmaceutical company in Isanlu, Kogi State, 10 vehicles belonging to guests, three cars in the pastor’s residence and locking up his wife.
Trouble started last year when the disagreement occurred between the Pastor and the two biological children of the founding GO Jolugba; Tope and Michael allegedly over the plans to sell the headquarters of the church to another denomination which led to the intervention of the traditional ruler of the town and some leaders of the community who advised Jolugba’s successor to leave the church property for the founder’s children and find another place of worship.
As a result, Obas and some members of the church were said to have relocated to another building as their new worship centre. Tope and Michael were however alleged to have gone there on February 16 this year to set the house ablaze.
Findings reveal that the church was founded by late Prophet Oni Jolugba, an itinerant tailor who received the call of God in Ikare Akoko, Ondo State in the early 70s. With time, the church grew in leaps and bounds as Jolugba acclaimed to be a miracle working prophet became renowned with the calibre of worshippers and patronage such that the founder, a stark illiterate soon became an international guest in the UK and US where he has branches.
Due to the swift expansion, it was gathered, the founder had to relocate the headquarters of the church to his country home, Isanlu, headquarters of Yagba East local government area of Kogi State for easy administration.
It was further learnt that Obas Kayode, an orphan from Mopa, a neigbouring town, was adopted as a foster son and brought up by Jolugba.
Obas now in his 40s was said to be so submissive to the founder, that he ( Jolugba) trained him through school and he graduated as a pharmacist from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife in 1997.
It was also learnt that after his internship and youth service, Obas settled down in Isanlu and started to operate a pharmacy shop which later became the largest drug store in the entire local government area.
He was also said to have added hospitality business into his area of interest by building a-50-bedroom hotel in the town.
Few years to his death, Jolugba, the founder of the church was said to have declared in one of their national conventions that Obas was his next successor and even went ahead to anoint and consecrate him as such in the presence of trustee members and the council of elders of the church. He was said to have passed on in July 2011 after which Obas became the substantive GO.
The pastor, Kayode Obas speaking on the attack said: “Their target was to sell the church headquarter to another denomination, we are not quarreling with them over Baba’s personal property, but the headquarters was collectively built by us. We even left the building for them as advised by elders, but they came to where we hired and burnt it down again, I have lost over N750 million including cars, buildings and other property.
“Some people in the town are inciting them against me, because they say I am not a native of the town and have amassed so much wealth, so they are hiding under this crisis to ruin and even kill me. The children 13 to their dad, but I showed them all the docusaid all the property I laboured for belonged ments of my business registration, no where was the name of Jolugba seen as business partner or the owner of the business.
“They said because I used Jolu- Kayo as my business name, the company is jointly owned by me and their father whereas I used that acronym to honour their dad who is also my foster dad. The member representing Yagba East constituency, Henry Ojuola was one of them, he even came to our church to incite members against us and he was the one who went to bail those arrested over the crisis, he is also boasting that no body will be prosecuted over the case.
When contacted on the crisis, the deputy general leader of the church who is based in Omuo Ekiti, Suprintendent A. A Adeyemo said “ these boys don’t understand anything about Jah Zion Church, when we were contributing money to build the church, the children were no where to be found, they were even attending a different church with their mum.”
Also speaking on the issue, Special Apostle Oluyori who is in charge of the church in Akure, Ondo State said “we have talked to these children they are adamant, children don’t inherit their father’s church, I am a co- founder of the church but since Baba handed over the church to Obas Kayode, we must follow him.”
The leader of the church in Kabba, Apostle Peter Jimoh in his own reaction said, “these children want to destroy the good name of their father. We are not interested in their father’s personal property, but the church belongs to us, and Jolugba. Before he died, he handed over the leadership of the church to Obas Kayode, and wherever he is going, that’s where we will go.”
Meanwhile Hon. Henry Ojuola has however denied the allegations saying: How can I incite people to burn his property? I truly went to their church to preach peace to them and not to incite anybody against him. While reacting to bailing the suspects he said: “Yes I took their bail at the police station, because they are members of my constituency, even those recently arrested for the burning, I will go and give them N10, 000 for feeding. Until the law court pronounces them guilty, I can not do so, it is only natural that as their representative, any time anybody runs into trouble, they will call me, that is all”.
Efforts to get the reaction of Michael and Tope Jolugba as well as their mum proved abortive.
Source: Daily Sun Newspaper
Youths are the problems of the youths, Says Nollywood Actor Charles Anwurum
Popular Nollywood Actor, Charles Awuru, has expressed that Nigerian youths are the problems youths in the country have.
The comic actor and director made this known in a video that has since gone viral on social media.
Awuru stated that the end SARS protest made him realize that the youths are the problem of the youths.
The actor pointed out that one section of the youths are protesting for a better Nigeria while others are looting and attacking fellow Nigerians.
Here is the video below;
Man leaves psychiatric hospital with stolen bed in Calabar (Video)
In a video that has since gone viral, a man is seen wheeling away patient bed at the Psychiatric hospital in Calabar, Cross River State Capital.
Information Nigeria recalls that the hospital was invaded and looted by hoodlums in the state, thus destroying properties, looting office equipment, and finally freeing patients in the facility.
The suspected looter has been spotted in a video dragging a hospital bed to an unknown location.
It is however unclear what the man seen dragging the hospital bed as he walked down the street, wants to do with it.
Watch the video below;
Lekki Shooting: ‘I took a lot of gunshot victims to the hospital’ – Ideh Chukwuma
Ideh Chukwuma has shared his experience at the Lekki tollgate protest ground. The Nigerian filmmaker revealed that he took, at least, 13 endSARS protesters cum victims to the hospital.
Chukwuma made this known in an exclusive interview with Premium Times, an online newspaper based in Abuja. He, however, noted that he never saw any dead body at the massacre scene.
What I will say is, I have been hearing people say “Lekki massacre, Lekki massacre.” I have to be honest with you if you Google the term “massacre,” massacre is a situation where a group of people were being killed by rebels or the military and going by that particular point, I would have been able to tell you that I saw a lot of dead bodies, this is how they killed them, there were a lot of dead bodies and so it was a massacre.
“But from the time I came, I didn’t see any dead bodies but I can certainly tell you that there was a shooting, an unauthorised shooting. I will call it a raid, I will call it assault. I am going to term it assault and raid. That is what I would use. It was an assault and I and I may be wrong but because I didn’t see those bodies, and I have not seen a family member that has come to cry and say one two or three persons have died.
If DJ Switch had seen that, she’s in the best position to say that because she was there. I cannot say she’s wrong. I was out of that circle. I was a few meters away. They were at the toll gate and I was a few meters away from them. I wasn’t there, I was at Lekki Phase 1. I can’t tell you what the military’s approach on their arrival was. So, I wouldn’t be able to tell you that they shot one, two, three, four, or five people. But I can certainly tell you that I took a lot of gunshot victims to the hospital.
If I took about 13 people to the hospital myself, minus the ones that the governor confirmed that were injured, he said about thirty, that is forty-something, DJ Switch might not be wrong. I took 13 to the hospital. So, if DJ Switch said she saw 15 dead people, by her own records, because she was there so she can speak on that part. I can’t speak on that and none of the thirteen people that I took to the hospital has died. They are still alive and some of them have been discharged.
He also recounted how the soldiers tried stopping him from helping victims of the shooting. One Soul added;
For the record, I was not at the protest ground with the crowd protesting when the military came around so I cannot tell you what guns they were shooting. But I knew I heard gunshots and people were running. So, what could have happened when I was not there, while I was in my car, I don’t know. It was when I came back I realised everyone was running helter-skelter and I saw people falling down. I saw blood, people being shot and it was all looking bad so I decided to keep going (driving) and I could see clearly this time that the army had surrounded the protesters.
“They were gathered together into a circle and the army surrounded them with their guns and they were still singing the national pledge while they were surrounded. They saw my car coming and I was waving the flag and one of the military guys was shouting “ Go back, go back” and I wouldn’t go back and I was like I want to check up on my friends and they shouted that I should “ Go back now!” and then I saw a lady that was shot on the leg and another guy who was shot in the hand.
Yes, and they saw me carry wounded people in my car. I saw another guy who was shot in the hand but the bullet did not go into his arm but bruised him so I carried the three of them and drove to Ajah. They rejected them. I got to the government hospital and they said it was only for mother and child. Then Doren Hospital, Ajah, accepted them and I was happy. I told the Director that I was coming back and I then I drove back to tollgate and they were still shooting and I came down from the car raising my hand up and the guy kept shooting and I told them I wanted to help people that were wounded and he said No I should go back and I said, ‘‘Sir, I cannot go back I have to check the wounded people, and he refused then I took off my clothes and I said “ Sir, you have to shoot me” then he cocked a gun and aimed it at me and I was like I will not leave if you don’t allow me to rescue these people. While he aimed his gun at me, his colleague brushed me and hissed then I walked in there and rescued four other people and rushed them to the hospital.
When I was coming back the third time, I came with an ambulance to rescue more people. While I was there, one of the guys told me that the military was keeping the wounded or dead people in their trucks. So what I was told was that the military took some people and that they thought they were taking them to the military hospital. I don’t know if it is possible that it is true or I don’t know. When I came back again, I told the man (soldier) that I wanted to carry more people in the ambulance and I helped more people in the ambulance and they were taken to the hospital.
— Akpraise (@AkpraiseMedia) October 24, 2020
- National News13 hours ago
Nobel Laureate, Soyinka Denies Video Claim On Igbo, Yoruba
- Entertainment11 hours ago
‘Zero Accountability, Pure Wickedness’ – Banky W Lambasts Lagos Govt
- Entertainment11 hours ago
Actor Deyemi Okanlawon Reveals Next Strategy For #EndSARS Protests
- National News13 hours ago
Lekki Shooting Casualties ‘Have Questions To Answer’ — Tinubu
- Entertainment11 hours ago
Noble Igwe, AY Makun Clash On Twitter Over Comedians Who Invite Politicians To Their Shows
- National News11 hours ago
#EndSARS: Enugu Govt Adjusts 24-Hour Curfew
- National News12 hours ago
#ENDSARS: IGP Talks Tough, Says Enough Is Enough
- National News12 hours ago
El-Rufai Imposes 24-hour Curfew On Seven Communities In Kaduna