Fighting with your husband is the ugly side of marriage. It’s uncomfortable and painful. But the reality is that it comes with building a life together. Who isn’t going to bicker with the one person who sees you the most and knows you the best? It would be stranger if you didn’t fight at all.
I’d even say couples who fight frequently have more passionate marriages than those who don’t. I know, I know. Don’t kill me.
It’s not easy to “fight fairly” but it’s vital to learn how, according to Dr. Phil. “Disagreements are going to occur,” he says on his website. “Do you go into it with a spirit of looking for resolution or do you go into it with a spirit of getting even, vengeance, control? You’ll never win if you do that.”
Learning how to kiss and make up is an important skill to master in marriage. Many couples have sex to defuse the tension, but we — I mean, they — know better. As fun as THAT is, here are 5 more constructive ways to stop a fight with your husband.
1.) Laughter: “When I fight with my husband, we each try to make each other laugh. Whoever is the least angry tells a joke. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, but either way, it reminds us of our love,” says Jenny, 41, a mom of three.
She and her husband have a system when they fight, but you don’t need a “fight plan” to employ this technique. Just step back, see the absurdity, and remind yourself how much you love your spouse. Maybe then the fight will seem less dire and you can both lighten up. There have been plenty of times my husband has made a voice or done something in the middle of a fight that gets me rolling. By the time we are done cracking up, we can’t even remember why we were so mad.
Send him funny gifs or do your best impressions and soon you’ll forget why you were even mad. Hopefully. If not, you can always resort to make-up sex!
2.) Hand Holding: “When you hold hands with your partner while discussing a concern, it emphasizes the strong bond between the two of you,” Psychology Today’s Stephanie Sarkis advises.
Personally, I can’t imagine holding my husband’s hand when I want to smack him, but I get the point. Showing affection even in the midst of a massive squabble reminds you both that you are connected and love each other. Try it next time. I dare you.
3.) Distraction: My husband and I are masters of fighting, walking away, and then forgetting the fight and being affectionate again. It won’t solve a major issue, but for the petty everyday crap — whose turn is it to do the dishes, for example — it’s easy to just forget it, move on, and readdress it later. After all, with kids and a full life, time to battle is a luxury we can’t afford.
4.) “I Love You”: I am NOTORIOUS for forgetting I love the people I am angry with and going fully crazy on them, but sometimes it’s smart to just stop and remind him (and yourself) that you DO love him and that you are going to be OK.
Blogger Megan Finley says she and her husband stick their tongues out at each other during a fight as a little reminder that, yes, they are angry and want to scream, but they are still in love and can have fun together. Might sound silly, but a subtle reminder like that might make the difference between losing it completely and making up.
5.) Work It Out: I swear the BEST thing for me after an argument is to go for a six-miler. All that pounding of my body makes me either forget why I was so angry or learn how to deal with it more productively. It’s true that some fights need to be fought, but screaming and yelling are never healthy. Using exercise as an outlet can help both of you keep the peace in your discussions. And we all know that exercise is good for your stress level, period. Science backs it up! Want a happy marriage? Get thee to the gym, STAT.
No matter how a fight is ultimately resolved, the single best way to end it is to forgive and move on. Let it go. Don’t hold on to it and plan to bring it back again.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘Why I Don’t Promote My Old Songs’ – BBNaija’s Vee
- National News24 hours ago
#LekkiMassacre: CNN Dares Nigeria Government, Updates Second Report (Video)
- News Feed24 hours ago
WTO: Okonjo-Iweala South Korean Rival, Yoo Myung-hee, Withdraws From Director-General Race
- Entertainment22 hours ago
BBNaija’s Laycon To Star In Showmax Original, ‘I Am Laycon’
- News Feed24 hours ago
“Thank you” – 9ice says, hints at reconciliation with his wife after a post he made (video)
- Entertainment22 hours ago
BBNaija’s Nengi Bags New Endorsement Deal With Skincare Brand
- Entertainment21 hours ago
BBNaija’s Tochi Slams Those Saying Celebrities Should Not Repeat Outfits
- Entertainment21 hours ago
Comedian Basketmouth Talks About His New Album; Opens Up On Why He Initially Switched From Music To Comedy