Coordinator of the National Information Centre, Mr Mike Omeri, Monday said the Federal Government will not rest until the abducted Chibok girls are rescued.
Omeri said the girls taken by dreaded Islamist sect Boko Haram are of utmost importance to the government and the people of Nigeria.
He also disclosed that a notorious terrorist who had led series of attacks against security personnel, Mallam Husaini, died in an encounter between his group and a military convoy on the Jos-Bauchi expressway.
Husaini was said to have led an attack on the police special anti-robbery squad in Abuja in November 2012 and a military convoy on the Lokoja-Kaduna expressway, where two soldiers were killed in January last year.
The Coordinator also announced that two persons who were found loitering around Aba Prisons in Abia State were arrested and handed over to security personnel in the state for further investigation.
The two men, he said, are Sani Sule and Idris Rume, who were arrested by the officers of the Nigerian Prisons around the Aba Prisons.
The centre therefore appealed to Nigerians, especially those in the parts of the country where curfew is imposed due to security operations, not only to obey but also adhere strictly while it lasted.