Best Album of the Year
Baddest Boy Ever Liveth – Olamide
Once Upon A Time – Tiwa Savage
Takeover – Kcee
Leaving an Impact For Eternity (L.I.F.E) – Burna Boy
Jagz Nation, Vol 1: Thy Nation Come -Jesse Jagz
Journey – Sean Tizzle
Blessed – Flavour
Hottest Single of the Year
Pull Over – Kcee ft. Wizkid
Double Wahala – Oritse Femi
Aye – Davido
Caro – Starboi ft Lax and Wizkid
Surulere – Dr Sid ft. Don Jazzy
Eminado – Tiwa Savage ft. Don Jazzy
Touching Body – J Martins ft. DJ Arafat
Best New act of the Year
Gospel Artist of the year
Tim Godfrey and Xtreme Crew
Indigenous Artist of the Year
Best Pop/R&B artist of the Year
Female Artist of the Year
Male Artist of the Year
Best Rap Act of the Year
Show Dem Camp
Music Producer of the Year
Best Music Video of the Year (Artist & Director)
Jaiye Jaiye – Wizkid & Sesan
Personally – P-Square & Jude Okoye
Rands & Naira – Emmy Gee & Nick
Sitting on the Throne – Olamide & Kemi Adetiba
Skelewu – Davido & Moe Musa
Eminado – Tiwa Savage & Clarence Peters
Oh Baby! – Chidinma ft Flavour & Clarence Peters
Mofe Lowo Ju Daddy Mi – Reminisce ft Davido
Oluchi – Solid Star ft Flavor
WanDaMo – Burna Boy ft Dbanj
Oh Baby! – Chidinma ft Flavour
Emergency – Wizzy Pro ft Runtown, Skales & Patoranking
Gallardo – Runtown ft Davido
Allubarika – Patoranking ft Timaya
Most Promising Act to Watch
Diaspora Artist of the Year
African Artist of the Year (Non-Nigerian)
Best Actor in a Lead Role
Joseph Benjamin (Murder At Prime Suites)
Nkem Owoh (Maja)
Chitewel Ejiofor (Half of a Yellow Sun)
Kanayo O. Kanayo (Apaye)
Tope Tedela (A Mile from Home)
Best Supporting Actor
OC Ukeje (Half of a Yellow Sun)
Rabilu Musa Ibro (Maja)
Desmond Elliott (Finding Mercy)
Yomi Fash-Lanso (Omo Elemosho)
Shawn Faqua (Lagos Cougar)
Best Actress in a Lead Role
Nse Ikpe-Etim (Journey to self)
Funke Akindele (Agnetta O’Mpa)
Damilola Adegbite (Flower Girl)
Chioma Chukwuka-Akpotha (Accident)
Daniella Okeke (Lagos Cougars)
Best Supporting Actress
Rita Dominic (Finding Mercy)
Patience Ozokwor (After the Proposal)
Tamara Eteimo (Desperate Housegirls)
Genevieve Nnaji (Half of a Yellow Sun)
Bikiya Graham-Douglas (Flower Girl)
Tope Oshin-Ogun (Journey to Self)
Sadiq Mafia (Maja)
Desmond Elliott (Finding Mercy)
Teco Benson (Accident)
Biyi Bandele (Half of a Yellow Sun)
Journey to Self
Half of a Yellow Sun
Murder at Prime Suites
Entertainment Personality of the Year
Entertainment Executive of the Year
Efe Omorogbe – Hypertek
Don Jazzy – Mavin Records
E-Money – Five Star Records
Illbliss – Capital Records
Ayo Animashaun – HipTV
Steve Babaeko – X3m Music
Okwudili-umenyior – Erik Manny Records
Matilda – Rythym Abuja
Dotun Kayode – Cool FM
D Don – Rainbow FM
Toke Makinwa – Rhythm FM
Yaw – Wazobia FM
Maria Okanrende – The Beat 99.9 FM
Jluv – City 105.1
Funniest Comedian of Year
DJ IK – Nigeria
DJ Shinski – Houston
DJ Cuppy – UK
DJ Flexx – Nigeria
DJ Tunez – New York
DJ Spinall – Nigeria
DJ Xclusive – Nigeria
#EndSARS: Ekiti state government declares 24-hour curfew
Following the various attacks on #EndSARS protesters in the state, Governor Kayode Fayemi has imposed a 24-hour curfew on the state effective from 10pm on today, Tuesday, October 20.
In a statement released by the Secretary to the State Government, Biodun Oyebanji, the state government said the curfew became necessary following the state government’s observation of how the end SARS protest, which started as a peaceful protest against police brutality by youths in Ekiti State, has been hijacked by some hoodlums.
Read the statement below
1. The Government of Ekiti State has observed with growing concern how the ENDSARS protest, which started as a peaceful protest against police brutality by youths in Ekiti State, has been hijacked by some hoodlums.
2. The hoodlums have capitalised on the ENDSARS protest to rape, assault, rob and extort innocent citizens across the State. These are in addition to the wanton destruction of properties, particularly private properties.
3. Government is concerned that if this state of affairs is allowed to continue unabated, it will lead to a breakdown of law and order thereby threatening the wellbeing of the people of Ekiti State.
4. For the purpose of clarity Government continues to show understanding and responsiveness to the demands of the legitimate protesters.
5. On 16th October 2020, Dr. John Kayode Fayemi, Governor, Ekiti State met with the protesters in person. While identifying with the legitimacy of their protests, he assured them that the State Government will immediately put measures in place to respond to all their demands.
6. Government has since then constituted a Human Rights Investigation Panel to review all cases of abuse by Officers of the disbanded SARS. In addition, Government has enabled a Victims Compensation Fund to facilitate speedy remedial measures for victims of such abuse.
7. Furthermore, several officials of Government have engaged the protesters at multiple fora and platforms including the social media in order to ensure that concerns of protesters are properly identified and responded to in a prompt and efficient manner with necessary feedback.
8. Government had also at various times drawn the attention of the protesters to the troubling hijack of the protests by individuals whose only interest is to inflict violence on the people of the state.
9. In the past 48 hours there have been incidents of gang-rape, robberies, physical assaults on innocent people, looting and burning of a police station. These acts of brigandage are not in consonance with the legitimate aspirations of the protesters. It cannot be logical to seek to remedy impunity with impunity.
10. Government therefore cannot afford to watch a deliberate enthronement of anarchy by some bad elements who have hijacked the protest for some clandestine reasons.
11. Consequently, the Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi, hereby imposes a 24-hour curfew on all parts of the State starting from 10.00 pm tonight, Tuesday, October, 20, 2020.
12. Only essential workers and service providers with valid means of identifications are allowed to move around during the period of the curfew.
13. Any person found on the street that does not belong to this category, would be promptly arrested and prosecuted according to the laws of Ekiti State.
14. We seek the understanding of the good people of Ekiti State as we continue to take deliberate steps towards ensuring that peace and normalcy return to our state.”
Davido speaks on the events of the past 48 hours
Nigerian superstar, Davido has said criminals are responsible for the attack on two Correctional Centres in Benin City, Edo State.
Davido made the claim while absolving End SARS protesters of involvement in the attacks.
The singer pointed out that no amount of mischief would stop the protest against police brutality and bad governance.
Davido made the remark while condemning the attack on two Correctional Centres in Benin City, Edo State.
The hoodlums had attacked the facilities and freed some inmates.
Reacting, the singer in a series of tweets wrote: “After seeing all that’s gone on today I just want to say that from the beginning we have preached that the protest must remain peaceful and Law Abiding and as far as I know we have kept to that! And we will continue to keep to that so the narrative can NOT be switched up on us!
“The people they claim broke into prisons to free convicted criminals, burn police stations to steal weapons, damage police, government, and private vehicles are Criminals and everybody must condemn these acts. They are not part of our movement !
“#EndSars is a peaceful and law abiding protest that is going somewhere great! And no mischief can scatter it!”
Address Nigerians over #EndSARS protests – Senate urges Buhari
The Nigerian Senate has called on President Buhari to urgently address the nation so as to douse the tension in the country.
This comes as hoodlums continue to carry out various attacks on #EndSARS protesters and others in some parts of the country.
The Senators made the call for President Buhari to speak to the Nation after a motion was moved by Senator Biodun Olujimi and co-sponsored by all Senators on the ongoing nationwide protests believed to have been hijacked by hoodlums.
Part of the resolution of the Senators after deliberation include:
-Urge all tiers of government to put in place and sustain policies of social economic reforms that raise the standard of lives of our people;
-Call upon the Police to operate strictly in accordance with the rules of engagement appropriate in a democratic environment;
-Urge the Inspector General of Police to ensure a holistic comprehensive reforms of the police to increase the overall welfare including training and medical insurance of all members of the Nigeria Police Force
-Appeal to all Nigerians to resort to use of legal institutions to resolve disputes and conflicts;
-Urge the Nigerian youths and the Nigerian citizens to approach the National Assembly Committees Constitution and Reforms in order to secure far-reaching holistic amendments that are vital to the restructuring of our federation
-Urge the Federal Government to faithfully and comprehensively implement all the five demands of the #EndSARS movement and protesters with necessary timelines to rekindle confidence in government
-Appeal to #EndSARS movement and protesters to kindly in the interest of everyone stop their actions and embrace genuine dialogue; 7. Urge Mr. President to address the nation as soon as possible on these issues.
-Police should make it a duty to accompany protesters and should be involved in protecting genuine protesters.
- Entertainment19 hours ago
Regina Daniels Birthday: EVERYTHING You Need To Know
- Entertainment21 hours ago
‘My Landlady Chased Me Away And Started My Kind Of Business’ – Nkechi Blessing
- Politics23 hours ago
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari
- Entertainment17 hours ago
#EndSARS: ‘It Hurts Knowing This Country Has Potential’ – Singer Tekno
- News Feed20 hours ago
Pasuma Says He Was Not Chased Out Of #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Video)
- National News19 hours ago
Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos
- News Feed22 hours ago
#EndSars: “I Was Paid N500 To Bring A Knife To The Protest Ground” – Man Confesses (VIDEO)
- National News20 hours ago
Akwa Ibom Governor Constitutes Judicial Panel To Probe Police Brutality