Phillips – A multinational company with activities in healthcare, lighting and consumer life style. Philips is a public company listed at the New York and Amsterdam stock exchange. Philips is active in more than 100 countries around the globe. It’s headquarters are in the Netherlands.
Job Title: Market Leader – Nigeria
- We challenge you to join Philips as a Nigeria Market Leader and to champion Philips’ growth and entrepreneurship in the market place.
- You will ensure that right BMC strategies for growth are developed, agreed and executed upon between the market teams and businesses/sectors & be co-accountable for the integrated market P&L as managed by the SML. You will formulate the 5 year strategic plan for the market/country in the context of the scope of Philips and the sector strategies overall and the local market trends and opportunities.
- You will champion the build-up and maintenance of strong governmental relations and ensure there is a clear people and talent agenda to support the business agenda.
Job placement in the organisation:
- Dual solid reporting to Chief Market Leader/ SMGL.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Creates the Philips’ 5 years Market Strategy to ensure Philips leads and leverage all opportunities relevant to our portfolio and strategy from a Market perspective .
- Is the source of energy to be a fully customer centric organization, making sure we know our customers and competitors in and out, while exploring consistently new opportunities for growth.
- Is co-accountable with the Sector Market Leaders for the delivery of the collaborative P&L, whereby business teams and market teams focus each on their respective part of the P&L.
- Opens access to strong, trust-based relationships with governments and institutions and makes these leads available to businesses in the market or conversion. Ensures that the B2G channel is optimally used across the sectors in the market. Builds best-in-class public and government relations and optimizes these contacts for commercial leverage.
- Ensures that there is an efficient and effective GM&S infrastructure in place. Provides services (e.g. IT, HR and finance) and enables SG&A synergies. Accountable for LBS/ LCF costs structures for the all market. Is the Philips representative in labor and industrial relations, and is the guardian of our GBP. Leads industrial restructuring and footprint discussions.
- Identifies M&A opportunities for especially local relevant business opportunities and supports BGs in PMI processes where required.
- Ensures the growth BMC strategies are developed, agreed and executed between the market and the sector.
- Drives (cross) sector business development in the market beyond agreed BMC plans. Shapes Markets through for specific local growth initiatives in existing and new businesses. Creates new business opportunities not captured in the sectors and in building up channel capabilities that facilitate local for local entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Builds organizational capability in the markets. Ensures the commercial organization is appropriately structured and resourced to win. In line with this, he/she owns the strategic workforce planning for the market, including TA and quality of new hires and effective flow through of talented employees.
- Leads in building and strengthening the Philips brand in the market. Leads/participates in industry groups towards shaping a healthy business environment and supports relevant organizations sharing the same cause as Philips.
- Leads cross Philips transformations, such as Accelerate for its Market and ensures transformations are lead and managed effectively ensuring our CAPS and PBS principles are utilized bearing in mind the interest of our customers, Philips, employees and other relevant stakeholders.
Knowledge and Critical Experience
Depending on the size and complexity of the market, the ML will have 10 -15 years of relevant and successful experience in the following:
- In managing the commercial function in a large, complex organization , including both consumer and business-to-business models.
- In change management, as it relates to the culture and mind set of a complex organization.
- Proven track record as (senior) leader in a large global matrix organization with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Competency in managing the commercial function.
- Competencies in change management.
- Customer centric.
- Skills in leveraging capabilities: work across internal and external boundaries to maximize the outcomes
- Collaboration and influencing competencies: sensitive to stakeholder requirements and influences them to buy-in to an idea.
- Skills in championing people’s growth: commits personally to the performance and development of people, while considering long-term needs for Philips.
- Skills in acting as a role-model.
- Able to self-declare ownership.
- Skills in taking calculated risks.
- Innovative strategic skills: to develop and embed simple, effective strategies that make us winners in the market.
The success of the Market Leader will be measured using the following key indicators:
- Brand performance, employee engagement and NPS customers.
- EBITA, IGM, CGS targets.
- M2O Excellence targets.
- Improvements of the succession pipeline.
- Number and quality of new growth opportunities (GA).
- Results of the collaborative P&L.
- Cost targets.
- Talent management KPIs.
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.