An ICT Policy internship at Paradigm Initiative Nigeria is your chance to join our policy team working on emerging threats to digital rights and to connect with our global network of Internet policy advocates. You’ll be partnered with a member our policy team who will provide the guidance and structure that will enable you to make the most out of your time working on one of today’s most pressing socio-economic issues in Nigeria. While there’s a lot of flexibility in Paradigm Initiative Nigeria’s fast-paced working environment, you’ll generally be assigned to one (or more) of our key ICT policy areas.
We’re seeking quick learners capable of quickly wrapping their head around and analysing ICT Policy issues, and supporting the organization in the development and execution of these initiatives. As a part of our team, you can expect to:
- Gain experience and expertise in a specific ICT policy area
- Be mentored and trained by a member of our policy team
- Research, write, and edit policy briefs and position papers (with your name on them!)
- Prepare external and internal advocacy materials and write blog posts
- Attend and contribute to our team meetings
Positions: Interns – ICT
- A successful applicant will have an interest in at least one ICT Policy area and have a passion to learn more about technology, human rights and socio-economic opportunities. Ideally, candidates should preferably be enrolled in a university (or a recent graduate) of law, political science, international relations or with a technology background.
- Being well organized, motivated, and reliable will also help your application, as will research and writing skills and fluency in a foreign language, but if you only speak English, that’s fine too.
- Interns will ideally work out of our amazing Abuja office.
- However, due to our love of the internet, we’re happy to talk virtually and applicants will be considered from locations worldwide.
Time Commitment and Considerations
- One full academic term (usually 3 months)
- Minimum of 30 hours per week
- Start date no later than June 2, 2014
- This is a paid internship
How to Apply
To apply, email your CV, a cover letter (explaining your interest in our work) and two references (ideally an academic and a professional reference) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday, May 14, 2014. Please use “POLICY INTERN – [Your Name]” as the subject line.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: email@example.com
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- News Feed23 hours ago
#EndSARS protesters break into Lagos International Airport (Videos)
- Entertainment4 hours ago
Regina Daniels Birthday: EVERYTHING You Need To Know
- National News23 hours ago
Nigerian Youth Have Right To Protest, Says President Buhari
- Entertainment6 hours ago
‘My Landlady Chased Me Away And Started My Kind Of Business’ – Nkechi Blessing
- National News5 hours ago
Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos
- National News23 hours ago
#EndSARS Protest: Edo Govt Sets-Up Judicial Panel
- News Feed6 hours ago
Pasuma Says He Was Not Chased Out Of #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Video)
- Politics8 hours ago
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari