Connect with us

Metro News

Cleric Advices Military Against Revealing ‘Sensitive’ Strategies On Boko Haram To Public

Published

on

Felix AjakayeThe Catholic Bishop of Ekiti Diocese, Most Reverend Felix Ajakaye, has advised the military against making its strategies against the Boko Haram insurgents public.

He gave the advice in an interview with newsmen on Sunday in Abuja on the sideline of the 10th anniversary of the inauguration of Knights of St. John International, Commandery 574.

Ajakaye expressed concern over the way the Nigerian military revealed what he termed ‘sensitive’ anti-Boko Haram activities and plans in a bid to convince the public that “it was on top of the situation”.

According to him, such information usually gave the terrorists the opportunity to re-evaluate their own strategies.

“We should mind what we say. Even as we are planning, we do not make strategies and reveal them on the pages of newspapers and electronic media.

“When the new chief of defence staff was appointed, he said insurgency in the country will end in April 2014.

“Even if he was planning towards it, he shouldn’t have made such a statement. Since then, the insurgency has continued to escalate.

“As foreign countries are coming to help with the Chibok kidnapping, it should have been done in a way that it wouldn’t alert those insurgents”, he said.

The clergy man noted that telling the public the number of insurgents captured or killed was also not proper.

He also stressed the need for government to ensure that its entire security agencies were motivated enough to tackle insurgency.

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending