Pact Nigeria – located in Abuja, is the Nigerian Country office of Pact, which is an independent International non-profit Organization headquartered in Washington, DC, USA. Pact’s vision is a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership over their future. Its mission is to enable systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.”
Job Title: Capacity Development Officer
- Pact Nigeria seeks a Capacity Development Officer to support the PROMOT project in Bayelsa.
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Peeled Director, the Capacity Development Officer will support implementation of Capacity Development (CD) activities, including PMTCT activities.
- He/she will collaboratively support ongoing training and mentoring to CBO partners, and work to imbed knowledge sharing and documentation CD activities of the project.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Development Public Administration or another related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Capacity development of CBOs and/or government
- Relevant experience working on a Health/ HIV response program. Experience in design, implementation of Capacity Development activities is strongly desired.
- Excellent computer skills which must include high proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work with CBO partners, maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team and to deliver results efficiently under stress and timely manner.
- Experience in facilitation and training.
- Excellent documentation and report writing
Job Title: Grants & Contract Manager
- The Grants and Contracts Manager will provide high level grants and contracts management and administration to achieve project goats, including through partner organizations clad levels.
- S/he provides overall leadership and oversight for all aspects related to management of both prime awards (projects) and subawards, subcontracts and procurements.
- This requires close collaboration with Pact HQ to ensure application of Pact regulations and policies as well as periodic review of such policies and regulations to ensure that they continue to reflect the current donor environment, regulations and practices.
- The G&C Manager is a member of the Senior Management Team and may be tasked with advising on overall management issues or leading special projects related to country office management.
- Leadership and Project Management stills are essential.
- BA and at least 6 years of relevant experience (or equivalent).
- Masters degree in a relevant filed.
- Experience in international development project management and donor funds administration
- Experience in a similar role managing grants design and administration and managing and overseeing distribution grants and contracts.
- Knowledge of USAID and other international donor rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements, working knowledge of OMB Circulars
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial Statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award.
- Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programme to build full range of capacities for grant management.
How to Apply
Interested arid qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org . All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment17 hours ago
‘You Are A Disgrace’ – Actress Adesua Etomi Knocks Lauretta Onochie Over Her Tweet
- National News18 hours ago
‘Your Report On Lekki Capable Of Setting Nigeria On Fire’ — Lai Writes CNN
- Entertainment14 hours ago
‘Why I Don’t Promote My Old Songs’ – BBNaija’s Vee
- Metro News20 hours ago
Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter
- National News18 hours ago
Petrol Subsidy Not Completely Gone, Says Minister
- National News20 hours ago
Amaechi Apologises For Abuja-Kaduna Train Breakdown
- Politics20 hours ago
Fashola: If We Keep Our Promises, APC Will Retain Power In 2023
- Politics20 hours ago
Saraki Leads PDP’s Nati youonal Reconciliation Panel