Metro News

Boko Haram: Shekau Vows To Sell, Marry Off Abducted Girls In New Video

Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau has helped the federal government locate the abducted schoolgirls, hours after President Jonathan said the government did not know wherea the girls are being held. In a video released yesterday, he said, “I abducted your girls and I will sell them in the market”.

The video raised fears the girls might have been sold to Islamist fighters across the boarder, as hinted by a leader in Chibok where the girls were kidnapped.

The video by Boko Haram’s leader admitting responsibility for the abduction immediately elicited response from the Defence Headquarters which said it was taking the video seriously.

Shekau was seen dressed in combat fatigues in the latest video. He stood in front of an armoured personnel carrier and two pick-up trucks mounted with sub-machine guns. Six armed men stood beside him with their faces covered.

The images of the video obtained by AFP are blurry at times but zoom in to Shekau, who spoke in Hausa, Arabic, as well as English.

For the first 14 minutes of the 57 minutes video, he takes a swipe at democracy, Western education, efforts for Muslims and Christians to live in peace and rails against non-believers in Islam.

“I abducted a girl at a Western education school and you are disturbed. I said Western education should end. Western education should end. Girls, you should go and get married,” he said.

“I will repeat this: Western education should fold up. I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by Allah,” Shekau said, claiming his group was holding the girls as “slaves”.

“I will marry off a woman at the age of 12. I will marry off a girl at the age of nine,” he said elsewhere in the video.

Some leaders in Chibok had earlier quoted their “impeccable source” as saying the girls had been taken across Nigeria’s borders with Chad and Cameroon and sold as brides for as little as $12.

International attention on the plight of the missing girls was initially slow but has grown quickly in recent days, in part because of a social media campaign #BringBackOurGirls which has trended globally.

1. Abel R Adetimehin

May 6, 2014 at 6:27 am

It’s unbelievable that this idiot is alive.you that is representing shekau come out openly with your own name stop using his name,shekau is dead there is many evidence to prove his death.

2. amah isaiah

May 6, 2014 at 7:05 am

If this foolish leader of boko haram know that he is truly alive and warriors let him mobilise his people and come out for physical war

3. sharkboy

May 6, 2014 at 8:15 am

pls if i may ask, who re those Boko Haram? re they realy existing group? if although the knew they re supper terrorist, why they cant come out for war, for meooooo i precisely called F.G in perticular as Boko Haram and only the almighty God can unit us back in this country.

4. Disgusted

May 6, 2014 at 8:35 am

Sect? This is no sect, it’s a bunch of gun toting idiots who think they are men. Ignorance is bliss! And doing what they doing in the name of Allah is supposed to win over infidels? And where is the pitiful government? Taking a break? Waiting for their cut of the sale of the girls? Disgusting, and msdness, all of it.

With the leader on the US terrorist leader list, let’s hope a drone will find them soon. If it were my call, there would be a quick and dirty overwhelming strike on these thugs, with the same mercy they’ve shown others.

5. skido

May 6, 2014 at 8:36 am

islam the religion of peace indeed, WHAT A JOKE!!!

6. Eve

May 6, 2014 at 8:49 am

Has anyone seen d movie,iron man3,pls do cos wats happening now in Nigeria is just d case of mystery mandarin in it,d boko haram is just a farce,I guess it must b d US trying to disintegrate us,see dem recently warning dt lagos too wld b attacked soon,who re they to predict dt means dey know it all,lets not give dem a chance to infiltrate into our country to steal our oil like dey e done in Iraq,Afghanistan & d likes,dey wld cause d conflict den dey wld come in on d pretext dey want to settle peacefully while dey steal our oil secretly,I say lets not give dem dt chance,d world is coming to an end now & it is written in d bible dt a great nation will rise up&dominate d world& dts America,long live nigeria.

7. king

May 6, 2014 at 10:35 am

One fact about this whole thing is dat boko haram has sponsors in d government house, and it’s such a pity that our president is helpless about it. One of our major problems in dis country is Jonathan. He is politically immature to rule this country. Let me sound this fact that Nigeria is a country that you can’t rule by luck. Jonathan is just lucky to become the president. Remember he was a vice governor, then cos of the crisis then, he became the governor. Then Obasanjo ‘installed’ him as our vice president, and then Ya’ Adua died and he became the president. It’s like bringing a student from JSS 3 to SS3. It doesn’t work like that. U don’t rule a country by luck. You need to have the experience and the capacity to rule Nigeria. Wen u jump the ladder and become the president, this is what u get. Only God will help us.

8. Dolly

May 6, 2014 at 11:08 am

Eve thank u fr ur comment. Dats exactly wat I think bt d fact remains dat disunity is their aim. Muslims re d scapegoat dey use all over. Islam is a religion of peace and dos called boko haram re nt acting based on islam bt their whims. There is no place fr their actions in islam. Every religion can be misintepretd bt I assure u boko haram re nt muslims. They re only pawns bein used nd dey nd their masters ll certainly pay. Nigerians shld stay united nd pray fr a better president

9. anonimous

May 6, 2014 at 11:28 am

The idiot that is disguising as shekau should come out & say i am Shekau.you ar fighting western education,the gun you ar holding is product of western education,the clothes yoi ar putting on is a product of western education,the sources in which you are communicating thruo is a product of western eduction,so who are you fooling is just yourslf you ar fooling,come out state your mission & stop hiding in the disguise of western education.you & your sponsors are cawords & idiot.Boko Haram my foot.shame on you & your sponsors,your generation shall be slave for ever just as you have put yourself.you cannot do any of such thing to sell those girls,bcos i know you a liar.so marrying out 9 & 12 old girls is wat your religion teaches you,shameless religion.

10. Favour

May 6, 2014 at 12:06 pm

@King who do u have in mind to rule us since Jonathan is immature,better pray to God and stop blabbing about maturity and imaturity God is the only solution to all this no man not even u.

11. jude

May 6, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Islam is a definition of violence. If not why are they always blood thirsty?

• Joe

May 6, 2014 at 3:14 pm

The answer is simple. they are copying from christians who in 1940s killed 5 million jews and have also carried out various crusades before that to kill a lot of people who opposed the church. Go read ur history and see how much violence christianity has as well.

12. RANDY LECTURERS VIDEO

May 6, 2014 at 4:39 pm

How has he helped locate the girls? By just claiming he his holding onto them?

13. mayowa

May 7, 2014 at 12:01 am

God bless u eve,king,dolly and joe for ur comments. For those saying rubbish about islam and muslims, I advise dat they should get themselves a copy of english quran to have a clear picture of d religion of peace (islam) and also take a look at d book ‘makers of civilization’ to know d real meaning of d so called “crusade”. Everybody heard when U.S.A predicted dat Nigeria will split up by 2015.To me, it was not a prediction but revelation on what d U.S planned to achieve in Nigeria by that year. So, they are doing everything possible to achieve their goal under d guise of boko haram,gay marriage etc.

14. Uche Dimelu

May 7, 2014 at 4:55 am

Most of ur comments run short of ideas,the problem does nt come frm our president,u can hardly win a war of the unforseen,only God helping,ask the yankees they will tell u.dis nt the time to argue religion or our president, it is the time to come together folks ad fight it,I volumtier my self for dis job,nt minding dieing for dis nation ad our girlz.Now is the time folks,are u still sitting down.

15. Bashir kare

May 7, 2014 at 9:42 am

Please U the boko haram leader we need our country to live in peace

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own.

my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.