“Stop trying to be everything to everyone!” I can hear husbands all over the world right now telling their wives this …as they are frustrated with their wives stretching themselves too thin and being taken advantage of. One of our duties as husbands is to protect our wives not just from others, but from themselves. But sometimes this is an issue that we have the hardest time protecting our wives from. Ladies while we know y’all are super women and can carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. But sometimes all of that weight wears you down and you don’t even know it. Sometimes that weight comes from a few common places so don’t get mad at us as husbands when we have to pull you back! Here are a few examples:
Okay, we get that your family is extremely important to you. But sometimes you aren’t just being good to your family, you are being used and taken advantage of. Why do you always have to be responsible for everyone else’s problems, everyone else’s children, and the savior for everyone else’s financial struggles? The bottom line is that any good relationship, family included, should be built off of reciprocation and many times as your husbands we know that your nurturing side will make that reciprocation irrelevant.
Organizations and Church
Do you really have to be the president of the PTA, your sorority, 3 church ministries, and the team mom for every sport? While you may be a natural born leader, one of the things that comes with leadership is time and stress. The mere fact that you are always in leadership positions means that everyone is requiring the most of your mental, physical, and sometimes emotional energy. And you don’t have unlimited supplies of that. You can be a part of organizations, but the problem comes when you try to be the head honcho in all of them. Sometimes it’s okay to follow and not lead….besides your family has begun to feel like you’re the queen of everything except your house and they want you back!
Ladies we know you want to be able to give your children the best of everything: The best schools, the best extracurricular activities, the best vacations and the newest, hottest gadgets, etc. But sometimes, less is more. Your children will always want the world, but sometimes as husbands it’s our job to step in and remind you that you only have 24 hours in a day and we don’t have unlimited money…so your children will have to learn the power of choice and being satisfied. Don’t worry, we will break the news to them so you don’t have to seem like the bad guy.
Now this is normally an area where, as men, we need our wives to pull us back because we get in too deep sometimes. But with so many career oriented women that are doing great in their careers, we have to share this responsibility. We know you have put so much into your career, but sometimes you put so much into it that you’ve forgotten about yourself, your own health, and connecting with your family. Your boss is putting more on you so he or she can spend more time with his or her family. So now, you find yourself being the overtime queen while the people important to you are the “under time” family. Sometimes as men and as women we have to step back from being CEO’s and step back into being spouses and parents again. This article is by no means a way for men to dictate what their wives should or shouldn’t be involved in or to limit their ambition, so let’s not turn it into that battle. What this is meant to achieve is letting our wives know that as your husbands we care enough about you to want to protect you, your sanity and our marriages. The last thing you want is for everyone on the outside to love you while your husband and children slowly become resentful. The truth is that the most valuable things you have are your time and your health and we want the best for you. Sometimes it’s not that we are jealous, it’s that we care. P.S. Men some of you are guilty as well so notice when your wife is trying to reel you back in as well. That’s for a later piece though….
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- News Feed19 hours ago
Iyabo Ojo Finds Out Her Mum Lied About Her Age (Video)
- National News23 hours ago
CCB Invitation: Magu Can’t Access Assets’ Documents, Says Lawyer
- Entertainment16 hours ago
Cossy Orjiakor Replies Fans Who Criticized Her For Wearing A Racy Outfit While Preaching About God
- Metro News24 hours ago
Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu
- National News23 hours ago
Saraki Reacts To Kidnap, Killing Of Worshippers In Zamfara Mosque
- Entertainment21 hours ago
“It’s Different And Classy” – Cardi B Praises Erica’s Fashion Style
- National News23 hours ago
Recession: Nigeria’s Economy On Way To Recovery, Says Osinbajo’s Aide