I moved in with my now-husband before we got married. When we went off to college, we decided then that we would take the next step and move in together. It made sense — we’d been together for three years already and since we were both going to the same college, it only seemed logical.
We fought and got into arguments about the strangest and silliest things. Back then everything seemed like a big deal, but the truth is, it makes sense we clashed. Living together with someone is hard, and while everyone has their own weird habits and quirks, we don’t always like what they are — even in someone we love.
I’ve been living with my now-husband for 12 years, and we’ve managed to work through many of those common first-year arguments when it comes to cohabitation. There are some things that I still get quite irritated by, but usually nothing too large. If you’ve recently moved in with your significant other or you’re thinking you will be there soon, here are 10 common points of arguments from my personal experience:
1. Toilet seat: It’s one of those things we hear starts arguments often, and this was no joke for us. I hate when the toilet seat is left up, not just because I could fall into it in the middle of the night when I’m not firing on all cylinders, but also — ew. We made the compromise to both ensure the lid was down (the lady seat and the top lid) and after many small spats, it’s not an issue anymore.
2. Clothes and laundry: Here’s a secret — I am not the best at laundry. I am so bad with it that I am known to just have a basket in the corner of my room with my clothes that I wear, wash, and keep in the basket. My husband likes to have his clothes folded and put away in the closet. He’s learned to live with my messy laundry habits, and I forgive him for leaving his socks in the bathroom after his shower.
3. Fridge habits: Have you ever reached into the fridge to add cream to your so-needed coffee only to find out the container is there, but it’s totally empty? No? I have — many times. It was one of the real arguments we had in our early days of living together.
4. Dirty dishes: I loathe doing the dishes — like hate with a passion. I don’t like getting stuff on my hands and so it’s always on the end of my to-do list. I hate when the dishes pile up on the counter, so I’m a “place them in the sink” kind of person. Some people are the “do the dishes right away” type, and then there are the “put it in the dishwasher now” people. If you and your partner are not on the same page when it comes to something like the dishes, you’ll likely argue, too.
5. In-laws: When you move in together — married or not — you get in-laws. While I have a lovely set of in-laws and I think my husband does too — everyone has their quirks. Some people have to navigate the mother-in-law who keeps coming over or the numerous family get-together expectations.
6. Going out: Luckily my husband and I are in the same camp when it comes to going out — we don’t do it too often. When you live together with someone, there’s a larger expectation to keep the other partner informed on your whereabouts and when you’re expected home versus when you were together but not living together. This new responsibility can cause some issues in the early days as you get used to having to check-in with someone.
7. Time together: Dating becomes a little more blurry when you start to live with someone. Before, you had to schedule an actual time and date to see your partner. Now that you live together you’re more likely to consider your grocery store shop a date, but that could not be enough for your partner. You’ll likely argue a bit when you first move in together about how much time you should allot for romantic time together.
8. Money: Living together comes with financial responsibilities, and with money things can escalate quickly. You’ll have to work out your differences in opinion on how much debt you’re comfortable with, the cost of purchasing the things you need for your new place together, etc. Bills are never a fun topic.
9. Vacations: Whether you’re living together or are just in a long-term relationship, chances are the topic of vacations will or has come up. Some people like to go every year, others don’t need one that often, and some prefer to go with friends and not romantic partners. I don’t really like vacations but my husband does, so we’ve had to work out a few different ideas about vacations early on.
10. Sleep: It doesn’t sound like it should be complicated, but it is. You have snoring, temperature of the room, brightness, noise level, and bed-sharing that you have to work out, and while it may not be the first time you’ve slept in the same bed — it’s going to be long-term now and that can cause some issues. I prefer to be more cold with room noise and totally black — my husband likes pretty much the opposite. It took a few disagreements before we were both able to find common ground.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Politics19 hours ago
BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC
- Entertainment18 hours ago
“You Are Looking At The Champion” – Burna Boy Reacts To His Grammy Nomination
- News Feed19 hours ago
Lai Mohammed reacts to second report on Lekki tollgate shooting
- National News23 hours ago
Family Of Slain Vendor Demands N500m Compensation From Gbajabiamila, Threatens Legal Action
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Socialite Pretty Mike And His 6 Pregnant Babymamas Make It To The Wendy Williams Show
- Entertainment18 hours ago
Williams Uchemba Reacts After He Was Accused Of Being Gay
- News Feed19 hours ago
Water tank driver accuses Duncan Mighty of assaulting him in Rivers
- News Feed19 hours ago
Offa Polytechnic Student Union Government Gives Merit Award To Cultist Groups