IBM is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world’s most advanced servers and supercomputers.
University Relations (UR)/University Programs (UP) country-level leaders play a key role for IBM. External relationships with universities are increasingly important to IBM in developed and growth market countries.
Universities are IBM research partners, suppliers of skilled interns and new employees, customers who buy High Performance Computing (HPC) systems and other software and service solutions required by complex enterprises, regional leaders working closely with governments and the social sector, including university medical centers and hospitals, as well as drivers of new innovation via science and technology parks and startup incubators.
A country university leader (UR/UP) should possess depth and breadth of skills (T-shaped) to represent IBM to universities and to advocate for university relationships inside IBM. He/she should have extensive experience communicating with and collaborating with IBM senior executives. Working closely with the IBM Global University team as well as other country-level university leaders worldwide, the country-level university leader is responsible for coordinating IBM regional university strategy and executing the strategy to achieve significant outcomes for IBM across the 6 R’s: research, readiness (skills), recruiting, revenue, responsibility, and regions (e.g., smarter cities, smart camps, public-private partnerships, triple-helix initiatives, etc.). The IBM regional university strategy should be designed in coordination with the country general manager (CGM) and staff, including IBM Research, Software Group (Academic Initiatives), HR, Sales & Distribution, Systems & Technology Group, Global Technology Services, Global Business Services, Global Process Services, Government Programs, External Relations, and other IBM internal stakeholders. National UR/UP leaders work closely with IBM University PEP (Partnership Executive Programs) and Public Sector Client Executives to develop university specific IBM engagement strategies.
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated innovation leadership working with university presidents, vice chancellors, deans, faculty, students, and staff. Also, a plus if the candidate has demonstrated experience working with faculty on technical and business projects at a doctoral-level of experience. For example, adjunct faculty experience is highly sought. The ideal candidate should possess excellent internal IBM communication and coordination skills, both within the country and globally, across all business units and functions. The ideal candidate should also possess IBM sales and revenue generation experience (technical sales, solution architect), and a practical approach to achieving important metrics for IBM. The ideal candidate should also be comfortable interfacing with ministries of education, research, and innovation policy at the national level, as well as professional association leadership (e.g., IEEE, ACM, INFORMS, AIS, ISSIP, etc.).
- Master’s Degree
- At least 10 years experience in University Relations
- English: Fluent
- French: Fluent
- Doctorate Degree
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: email@example.com
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- National News15 hours ago
#EndSARS: Lagos Govt Invited Us To Restore Order – Army
- National News15 hours ago
Lekki Shooting: ‘Sanwo-Olu Has Been Thrown Under The Bus By Military’ – Fani-Kayode
- News Feed14 hours ago
Court strikes out homosexuality charges against crossdresser James Brown (Video)
- News Feed22 hours ago
Hoodlums steal Obafemi Awolowo’s glasses from his statue in Lagos (Photos)
- Entertainment13 hours ago
Bobrisky Flaunts His Newly Acquired iPhone 12 Pro (Photo)
- National News12 hours ago
Fayemi Orders Resumption Of All Workers In Ekiti
- News Feed22 hours ago
After 3 Years Of Marriage, Amaka finally ‘disappoints her husband’ by cheating on him
- News Feed22 hours ago
Eid-el-Maulud: FG declares Thursday public holiday