Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has told his employers, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), it is too early to submit a 35-man provisional World Cup list.
The 52-year-old former Mali and Togo coach was, just last week, queried by the NFF for failing to attend an NFF technical committee meeting.
Among the misconducts the Nigerian coach was implored to explain also includes his decision to embark on a leave without permission, thereby missing a reception hosted by President Goodluck Jonathan in February.
The NFF had hoped to announce Nigeria’s 35-man provisional squad for Brazil 2014 at the end of the week, but Keshi yesterday said he was “not in a hurry” to release the Super Eagles squad for the tournament.
“I am not in a hurry to submit the list. First, the report was that I was to submit 40 names. Now I am hearing it is 35 players. I will only submit a list of 30 players when I am ready,” Keshi said.
The ‘big boss’ also accused the federation of following the wrong channel as he only read in the media that he was to submit a 35-man squad provisional list.
“I don’t know where these stories of 35 players are coming from,” Keshi added.
“I have less than three weeks to prepare for the World Cup and so we need to be serious because of the limited time at our disposal.
“I will only invite those who will give us what we need and I intend to make the list available at the right time.”
Nigeria has been pitted against Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Iran in Group F of the soccer5 showpiece.
The Eagles are expected to regroup in London on May 26, 2 days to the international friendly match against coach Gordon Strachan Scotland.