Connect with us

News Feed

N400 million Target: Delegate Condemns Exposure Of Female Bankers To Prostitution

Published

on

A delegate at the ongoing National Conference, Felicia Sani, on Wednesday, condemned the exposure of female bankers to prostitution through unrealisable target set for them by their employers.

nat-confab-pix

Sani, who is the President of Market Women Association, made the condemnation in her contribution to President Goodluck Jonathan’s address at the inauguration of the conference.

According to her, such trend which has had a great impact on socio-economic relationships should be discouraged.

“At the end of each year, banks make millions of Naira, yet they employ young girls and give them unrealisable targets” she said. “Why will you ask a young girl who is somebody’s wife, or sister or daughter to go from office to office to look for N400 million in a month? It is not possible. Let us discourage it. What kind of money are we looking for?’’.

Sani also frowned at the low patronage of made-in-Nigeria goods by Nigerians.

“If you go to Nnewi in Anambra, there are no parts of a vehicle you will not find there. Instead of buying them, our people prefer to jump into the next available flight to Japan to buy goods” she said. “Similarly, if you go to Aba, you will see assorted shoes made by local manufacturers. Yet, Nigerians will not buy them. But, once the label is replaced with `Made in America’, our people will buy them’’.

In another development, Prof. Ganiyu Raji, a delegate representing Oyo State, also called for improvement in the country’s power sector to promote industrialisation.

Raji pointed out that inadequate power supply had led to the closure of many industries in the country, as well as increased unemployment rate.

He pleaded with the Federal Government to ensure that the national identity card system worked to produce a national database.

Another delegate, Hassan Rilwan, representing Youth Organisations, called for an increase in the allowance paid to members of the National Youth Service Corps.

Rilwan said it should be equivalent to the salary of a Grade Level 8 Step 1 officer in the Federal Civil Service.

“This will enable graduates to save money to start any business of their choice at the end of their service to the country and reduce the level of unemployment and insurgency in the country” he said.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Ogunbiyi Felix 0lusola

    April 10, 2014 at 6:12 pm

    we must seriously plead with governor council of the central bank of Nigeria to re-visit and adjust their policies so as to pose convinencies to full staffers and casuals workers so others issues will not affect MANAGERS from different level.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Burna Boy, Stefflon Don Unfollow Each Other On Instagram

Published

on

Burna Boy, Stefflon Don Unfollow Each Other On Instagram

Nigerian singer, Burna Boy and his girlfriend. Stefflon Don, have reportedly unfollowed each other on Instagram.

 

Information Nigeria recalls that last year, the self-acclaimed African giant unfollowed everyone on Instagram, leaving only Steff but as it is now, he has unfollowed her too.

Continue Reading

News Feed

#EndSARS: People take time out to curse me in their prayers– Aisha Yesufu Reveals

Published

on

#EndSARS: People take time out to curse me in their prayers– Aisha Yesufu Reveals

Nigerian activist, Aisha Yesufu, has revealed that Muslims now take out time to curse her in their prayers.

Information Nigeria recalls that Yesufu lead #EndSARS campaign against police brutality and reforms.

 

The female activist disclosed this on her Twitter handle.

She wrote;

”Heard I am being cursed in mosques! People finish praying and take time out to curse me in their prayers I have asked they should please let me know how many of these curses they rained on me when I was making same demands during GEJ! We are all already cursed in Nigeria”

Continue Reading

News Feed

Hoodlums loot Ndoma-Egba house in Calabar, cart away his late father’s robes

Published

on

Hoodlums who destroyed and looted the residence of former leader of the Nigerian Senate, Victor Ndoma-Egba in Calabar reportedly carted away the Judge’s robes of the politicians’ father.

Reacting to the incidence, Ndoma-Egba appeared to the hoodlums to return the robes of his late father who was a judge.

 

Ben Ayade, governor of the state, had imposed a 24-hour curfew as part of measures to contain the situation but the mob broke loose.

In a statement, Ndoma-Egba narrated how he got intelligence on the attack but despite informing security agencies, “nothing was done to stop the attack”.

“At about 2 am (local time, as I was abroad) on Saturday 24th. October 2020 I received a text informing me that there were plans by arranged hoodlums to attack my residence in Calabar, that of Senator Gershom Bassey and a hotel owned by Senator John Owan Enor,” he said.

“I promptly forwarded the texts to Senators Bassey and Owan Enoh. I also called the security agencies in Calabar to apprise them of the information. Calabar from my information was already tense from the previous day’s break-in into warehouses storing COVID 19 palliatives and the subsequent breaching of shops and other businesses. The impending attack on Senators Bassey, Owan Enoh and I was already public knowledge as later that morning I got many calls to that effect.

“Thereafter I kept calling the security agencies by the hour when in spite of their assurances that they will secure my house there was no evidence of any security personnel in my vicinity. I understand, the times were indeed confounding for everybody.

“At about 2 pm the intruders broke into my house and looted it to the ground leaving only the bare floor. All the toilets, baths, pumps and indeed every imaginable fitting were removed as were items of furniture, clothing, a huge collection of mainly rare, out of print books, documents and historic photographs. They also removed all the windows, railings, family pictures and burglary proofs. Even my private chapel was not spared.

“They set the cars ablaze and parts of the building after more than four hours of interrupted operations in my house. It was methodical. Among the intruders were obviously electricians, plumbers, carpenters, motor mechanics, panel beaters and other tradesmen. Mercifully, no life was lost. I started building the house in 1991 and moved in in January, 2009.

“While not prejudging, and without prejudice to the work of the security agencies, I have forgiven the intruders, and pray fervently for them to find meaning, inner peace, and fulfilment in their lives. I only plead that they return my late father’s judges robes which they certainly would not be needed for anything and is surely incriminating.

“The destruction of my house was clearly premeditated, wanton and unjustifiable but I understand the anger in the land especially amongst our youths. However, if looting and burning my home will better their lives and bring positive change to our land, then it is a sacrifice my family and I gladly make.”

Ndoma-Egba said there is an urgent need to educate, motivate and engage the youth if they must be a blessing to the country.

Continue Reading

Trending