Connect with us

Politics

N255m Bulletproof Cars: EFCC Moves Against Oduah

Published

on

Stella--Oduah-0310After looking from the sidelines as Nigerians pressed for the investigation of erstwhile Aviation Minister, Princess Stella Oduah, over her involvement in the N255 million bulletproof cars’ scam, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday finally invited her for questioning.

It was learnt that the ex-minister was put on the hot seat for over five hours before she was given provisional bail, as a result of the need to re-invite her for further questioning. However, the return date is not yet known.

A team of crack investigators are currently x-raying Ms Oduah’s response to identify areas where she might further need to shed more light on.

It was gathered that the ex-minister quietly found her way to the commission’s headquarters in Abuja at about 10am on Tuesday and was immediately ushered into the Operations Department where she was busy answering questions on her role in the bulletproof cars’ purchase till 3.30pm.

According to THE NATION, a source described Oduah’s mood as “pensive”.

The source said: “The team asked her to explain what led to the purchase of two bulletproof (armoured cars) for N255million; the purpose; and whether there was appropriation for it or not in the 2013 budget.

“She was asked for evidence of due process or concurrence/ approval by the Bureau of Public Procurement and whether her approval value was not above the limit of Ministerial Tenders Board or not.

“She was also asked to confirm if she was aware that the approved revised thresholds for service wide application (pursuant to Section 16(2) Public Procurement Act 2009 put a minister’s limit at N100million”.

The newspaper quoted another source as saying: “We also isolated issues raised by former heads of agencies in the aviation industry when they appeared before EFCC. She was directed to make some clarifications.

“This interrogation is just the first in the series. We will study her statement on oath and definitely ask follow-up questions”.

Responding to a question, the source added that the EFCC was in receipt of the reports of a three-member administrative panel set up by President Goodluck Jonathan and House of Representatives Committee on Aviation on the car scam.

Oduah got a “provisional bail” – a first in the history of the anti-graft commission, which is known for using the “administrative bail” system.

An official of the commission said: “The provisional bail is a temporary measure. If there is need to detain her subsequently, we will do so.

“She has been told that she might be re-invited soon by the commission”.

It would be recalled that Ms Oduah was sacked by President Jonathan on February 11 alongside three other ministers.

Others are: Godswill Orubebe (Niger Delta), Caleb Olubolade (Police Affairs) and Yerima Ngama (State for Finance).

Politics

BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC

Published

on

BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC

Elisha Abbo

Senator Elisha Abbo has defected from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC), Nigeria’s ruling party.

Senator Abbo, who represents Adamawa North in the Nigerian Senate announced his defection from the PDP to the APC in a letter addressed to the Senate.

Senator Ahmad Lawan, the President of the Nigerian Senate, read the letter during Wednesday’s plenary session.

Also Read: 2023 Presidency: Bode George Cautions Buhari About Tinubu

In his letter, Senator Abbo explained that his decision to defect to the APC is because of the mismanagement of the PDP in Adamawa state by Governor Umaru Fintiri.

Senator Abbo who is a first-term lawmaker was elected in 2019 to the Senate on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Meanwhile, the name Senator Elisha Abbo became popular amongst Nigerians last year after he made headlines for slapping an attendant in a sex toy shop for ‘disrespecting’ him.

Continue Reading

Politics

2023 Presidency: Bode George Cautions Buhari About Tinubu

Published

on

2023 Presidency: Bode George Cautions Buhari About Tinubu

Bode George, Tinubu

Chief Bode George, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party has warned President Muhammadu Buhari against supporting Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress for the 2023 Presidency.

Bode George made this remark in a statement titled, “The jamboree visit to the Villa: My Birthday Offering.”

The former National Port Authority boss warned Buhari against falling to the antics of those who would ignore the issues of Lagos State to engage in a needless scheming in partisan engagement.

Bode-George also condemned the recent visit of some APC chieftains, Chief Bisi Akande, Prince Tajudeen Olusi, Dr Yomi Finnih, and Chief Segun Osoba to the State House, Abuja.

Also Read: Fashola: If We Keep Our Promises, APC Will Retain Power In 2023

The PDP chieftain said: “The visit of Chief Bisi Akande, Prince Tajudeen Olusi, Dr Yomi Finnih, and Chief Segun Osoba to the seat of power in Abuja is needless, unnecessary, veiled in some poorly hidden agenda that is woven in apparently self-serving ulterior personalised desperation.

“It is easy to discern that the visit is stripped of any patriotic progression, lacking in balanced national leadership, voided of a spirit of sacrifice and developmental vision. The very absence of Bola Tinubu from the jamboree screams to high heavens that the meeting itself is a covert placatory softening of the ground for Tinubu himself. I am pretty certain that in his very absence, Tinubu occupies the centrality of the discussion.

“I will advise Baba Akande who governed Osun State with principled, incorruptible leadership to kindly help us drop off Bola Tinubu at Iragbiji as he makes his way back to Ila-Orangun, rather than engaging in fruitless pleading sessions for a man who is fixated on a warped pipe-dream about governing Nigeria. He should pay restitution for the egregious stripping of the Lagosian coffers.”

Continue Reading

Politics

Umahi Sacks Tertiary Institution’s Boards Headed By Ex-Minister, Ambassador

Published

on

Umahi Sacks Tertiary Institution’s Boards Headed By Ex-Minister, Ambassador

Dave Umahi

Governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi who recently defected to the All Progressives Congress, on Tuesday sacked sixteen Technical Assistants.

The development was disclosed in a statement released by Umahi through the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Kenneth Ugbala.

He also announced the dissolution of governing boards of the state’s two tertiary education institutions.

Also Read: Gov. Umahi Sacks Political Appointees From Ohaukwu LGA

The boards dissolved are the Ebonyi State University Governing Council and the Ebonyi State College of Education, Ikwo Governing Boards.

The two boards are headed by Ambassador Franklin Ogbuewu and a former Minister of State for Health, Fidelis Nwankwo.

Continue Reading

Trending