Connect with us

Metro News

Men In Military Uniform Drove Car That Caused Nyanya Explosion – Witness

Published

on

SOME BUSES AFFECTED BY EXPLOSION AT NYANYA MOTOR PARK IN ABUJA ON MONDAY (14/4/14).

SOME BUSES AFFECTED BY EXPLOSION AT NYANYA MOTOR PARK IN ABUJA ON MONDAY (14/4/14).

The car containing the bomb that exploded at a busy motor park in Nyanya, an Abuja suburb on Monday, was driven to the park by two men in military uniform.

Head of Operations of Isiyaka Nagode Enterprises, Salisu Mukhtar, made this known in an interview with a PUNCH correspondent in Abuja on Thursday.

But the allegation has been denied by the Nigerian Army.

Mukhtar also said that staff of the company had been questioned by the police.

He stated, “Somebody that slept there told us he was there when two men in Army uniforms entered and parked a car there.

“Two of them came in two cars. They parked the car and left in the other car around 2am. The person that saw them could not challenge them because they were in military uniform. They left in the second car.

“When he woke up around 5am, he still found the car there. Because he was disturbed, he sent one of his boys to our office but we had not come by then. The bomb exploded when the boy he sent was returning and he died in the bomb blast”.

According to him, the FCT police command has begun investigation into the incident, adding that they (the management of the park) did not witness the bomb blast.

“They (police) quizzed us about the incident but we told them we were not there when the thing happened”, he said.

Mukhtar also revealed that he lost seven members of staff in the explosion.

“We have seen their corpses. They are in the mortuary now. Seven of them including loaders and one task force member are dead”.

In his reaction to the allegation, the Director, Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen Laleye Olajide, described it as a falsehood which should be dismissed.

Olajide accused those making the allegation of being on a mission to ‘destroy the image of the army’.

The army spokesperson wondered why those making the claim did not speak up immediately after the explosion on Monday, wondering why the revelation is coming several days after the incident occurred.

He said, “Why did they not say so in the beginning when the explosion occurred if it was true?

“Why did they not say it at the time. This thing happened how many days ago, it happened since Monday and I have not read it anywhere. People said they even recovered the bodies of the bombers, they did not say the bodies were recovered with military uniform.

“Why are people just out to destroy the image of the Army? This is falsehood, it is not true. It is just another attempt to destroy the image of the Army”.

Continue Reading
5 Comments

5 Comments

  1. Edinrin

    April 19, 2014 at 10:46 am

    They have started again! They don’t need to look too far away as the bomb was berried in the night because no security arrangement was in place to prevent such activity in such an important and sensitive place! The government should sensitize the general public on the need to always pay serious attention to security issues mostly now that there are forces fighting very hard against the unity of the Nation for this reason, such a place should not be left unmanned by professional security personnel either government or private guards but not meguard this will go along way in frustrating the terrorist attempts! Let the security agencies recruit more Nigeria for this fight as there are many Nigeria out there ready to serve the Nation like me but the opportunity is yet to come! I can tell you categorically that a lot of people in some of our security Agencies actually bought the job they didn’t get it on merit but those of us that merit it may not get because I personally is not ready to part with any cash in an exchange of job! Let Government Agencies if possible recruit from private guards companies that are dully regulated by GOVT and deploy to all the sensitive area including major bus terminals collapse the mini terminals also. This Will go along way to challenge and frustrate the activities of terrorist in our land.

  2. emmanuel

    April 19, 2014 at 12:14 pm

    Forget about uniform…the road them pass to the park…no security

  3. emeka eze

    April 19, 2014 at 3:19 pm

    Now the army are another boko haram or what are they talking?????.it may be true cus every one is corupt in Nigeria even the leaders can still use them.if u have money u can use even gov cus they love money.every election day they will shearing 1000naira 4u to vote 4them.if they enter they start making their families rich then forget the contry they are roling.our former gov has 300Jeeps whit mansions.now every gov want to be president but what have they done in their states????????????all Nigeria must repent or face vengers 4rm God.

  4. Sessi bruno

    April 19, 2014 at 8:14 pm

    Nawaoooooooooooooo

  5. Me

    April 23, 2014 at 12:42 pm

    i am so perplexed that the army would be denying things they have not seen or investigated. eye witnesses saw these people and the army is saying it’s an attempt to destroy its image. for God’s sake anybody can have access to these uniforms to perpetrate this dastardly act. its a case for the army to investigate further rather than blindly deny that people wearing army uniforms carried out the attacks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Tech News

First celebrity Limited Edition Smartphone in Sub Sahara Africa: Davido Special Edition of Infinix NOTE 8

Published

on

Over the last few weeks, Infinix has floated its candy before the eyes of tech enthusiast intensifying their craving for the soon to be released device. Through several social media posts, Infinix has hinted on the imminent release of the NOTE 8 and we all can’t wait for the device to hit the shelves.

Although the proposed date for the launch in its initial teaser videos and banners have passed without
any launch, we have reasons to believe that the launch will take place sometimes this month.

However, here’s a more interesting news. Infinix is set to be the first smart phone company in sub Sahara Africa to launch a limited edition device with a celebrity. A special edition of the NOTE 8 will be released alongside the primal version of the NOTE 8 and the NOTE 8i. The special edition is  signed by Infinix’s brand ambassador David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido.

The available stock for the special Davido-signed edition is limited. However, interested shoppers can
get one for themselves at exclusive SLOT outlets nationwide and on their website Here. Exciting free
gifts are also available if you’re among the lucky few to buy this device while stocks last.

The Infinix NOTE 8 is targeted at the mid-to-high-end market segment and it comes with several
interesting features. The device on-boards a super-fast processor – the MediaTek Helio G80
processor, which supports ultra-fast gaming speed, stable graphics in-game, easy multi-tasking as
well as an all-round optimal performance.

The device also sports six cameras in total. It comes with a dual selfie camera which is cut out from its
super-wide 6.95inches screen. On the back, the NOTE 8 crams a 64MP super night shot camera for
amazing night shot photographs and other photography needs.

Many of Infinix loyalists and smartphone enthusiasts are already clearing their carts and lining up in
preparation for the launch of the Infinix NOTE 8. Now that there’s a special Davido edition in sight, the
queue might just be doubling up.

To stay ahead of interested shoppers and ensure that you’re one of the first to get your hands on this
special edition of the NOTE 8, follow Infinix on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at @Infinixnigeria.

You can also join their community of young and vibrant fans on XClub via the app on your Infinix
device or click on this link to download the app if you’re a non Infinix user.

Continue Reading

Sports

The potential for iGaming in Nigeria uncovered

Published

on

There is a growing positivity surrounding the Nigerian iGaming industry. As the nation breathes a collective sigh of relief following the announcement of the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA), it’s hoped that many burgeoning industries such as the world of iGaming can be allowed to flourish and bring much-needed tax revenues to the country.

Many analysts within the iGaming industry believe Nigeria has the potential to become Africa’s iGaming hub. Its domestic market is already forecast to be worth $2 billion, due largely to sports betting and the fascination with Nigerian soccer stars overseas like Odion Ighalo at Manchester United. Meanwhile, the domestic penetration of smartphones is also recognised, with some 83% of the population now owning a mobile device.

Nigeria was also a major focal point during this year’s SBC Digital Summit Africa, which was understandably conducted virtually earlier this month. Ahead of the summit, experts enrolled in the event were asked to vote on which African country offered the best foundations for iGaming operators to thrive. Nigeria outperformed every other nation, with 31% of all votes labelling Nigeria as the country with the highest potential to make a real
success of its domestic iGaming sector.

Even South Africa, which has a well-established domestic iGaming market, ranked second with just 28% of the vote. Prospective Nigerian iGaming operators should certainly take a leaf out of the book of South African iGaming brands, many of which have cultivated a strong customer base through the use of incentives and sign-up bonuses. The vast majority of offers available at platforms like Casinos.co.za, direct gamers to the safest and most reputable
platforms.

One of the main reasons that industry experts believe in Nigeria’s iGaming potential is that it already boasts an engaged target demographic. Many of its young adults are already betting on sports like soccer and boxing, and there is a feeling that introducing them to casino gaming verticals would not be too difficult a stretch. Marry that with a growing number of smartphone users, which is predicted to reach over 140 million people by 2025, and you can
see the potential for iGaming apps and web applications to provide immersive, secure gaming
on the go.

Presently, the country has three separate bodies responsible for licensing online betting activities – the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC), the Special Control Unit against Money Laundering (SCUML) and the National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP). At the time of writing, online betting at a domestic Nigerian site is strictly prohibited by law. Loopholes regarding offshore operators make it possible for
Nigerians to play elsewhere, but it seems somewhat short-sighted for the Nigerian government to steer clear of creating its own regulated, revenue-making iGaming industry.

In a nation of substantial population, supporters of developing a domestic iGaming industry in Nigeria believe that the most would be a positive step, creating new career opportunities for everyday people. This could be in customer support, game development or any other facet of an iGaming operator. All the while, generating tax revenues for the Nigerian government and helping to breathe new life into the domestic economy.

There is a general feeling that Nigeria’s gaming industries tend to follow the same path as South Africa’s. The SBC Digital Summit Africa revealed that there has been a “seismic shift” from sports betting markets to casino games in the last eight months, including live dealer tables, that’s according to Sean Coleman, CEO of the South Africa Bookmakers Association.

Live dealer games seemingly “appeal to millennials” across South Africa. Dean Finder, CEO of Evolution Services SA believes the fact that live dealer games are “not gender biased” is an opportunity to reach out to female players, which are an often “unserved market” across Africa.

For these trends to follow suit in Nigeria, operators will need to build further trust in their
games and regulatory measures to curry favour with the country’s legislature.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Published

on

Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

See his post below:

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Continue Reading

Trending