President Goodluck Jonathan is experiencing turbulent times in his leadership of the country because he has stepped on toes in the process of executing his Transformation Agenda, a two-time ex-governor of the defunct Bendel State, Dr Samuel Ogbemudia has said.
According to him, “Jonathan is more intelligent than many of us put together. He is pushing the programmes to transform Nigeria and those who do not want change are opposed to him. In the process of transforming the country he is stepping on people’s toes and they are opposed to him”.
Dr Ogbemudia, who also described the current Minister of Works, Arc. Mike Onolememen as the “best Minister of Works since 1960”, urged Jonathan to give the Minister five more years because “I have drove through llesha-Ife-Ibadan-Abeokuta-Lagos Road and the Minister is a blessing to Nigeria and Edo state in particular. And if he is given another five years, potholes and bad roads will be a thing of the past in Nigeria”.
While lamenting that despite the laudable programmes of the Goodluck Jonathan administration, some Nigerians are still not happy, the retired Army General asserted that “when you see the Benin-Lagos-Shagamu road you will no doubt come to the conclusion that a great percentage of the transformation is on the way.
“Before now, from Benin-Lagos, none was tarred except small plantation, about four miles, all others red earth and when you get to Lagos you are red unless you tie some napkins over your head.
“So I think that Jonathan should be allowed to complete his job, we should give him the maximum support we can so that when it is our turn, his supporters will also support us”, he pleaded.
Ogbemudia noted that the president was having sleepless nights working on how he could put Nigeria back on track, therefore, he should not be distracted.
He added: “They should keep away from him those people who are pursuing their personal interest”.
When asked if he will support Onolememen for governorship in Edo state come 2016, Ogbemudia stated that “he has not told me he is running for governorship. You don’t back people who don’t tell you about their ambition. Apart from that because he has done well in one sector does not mean that he will do well in other sectors”.
The former governor instead stressed the need for the minister to remain in his current position where he can make “Nigeria proud” rather than “make things difficult for himself” by vying for the Edo governorship seat.
Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021
Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has presented the proposed budget for the 2021 fiscal year in the State.
The Governor on Monday presented a budget estimate of over N109 billion for the 2021 fiscal year.
Governor Fayemi, while presenting the budget at the State House of Assembly complex yesterday in Ado-Ekiti described the 2021 budget as “Budget of Recovery and Economic Restoration.”
The budget has a recurrent expenditure of N57, 997,898,982.62k while the capital expenditure has N51, 668,386,739.99k.
Fayemi, said the budget proposal presented contains the policy thrust, programmes, and vision of his administration for 2021, saying efforts shall be made to source the needed resources to fund the budget.
National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over ‘Disappointing, Empty’ Speech – PDP
Recall that Buhari in his speech called for an end to the protest, adding that his government had already accepted and started implementing demands of the protesters.
He, however, failed to acknowledge the shooting of protesters by soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.
Reacting in a statement on Thursday night by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbodinyan, the PDP said Buhari’s address was depressing and failed empathy test.
The party appealed to Nigerians, particularly the youth, to remain calm and allow a return to normal life in the collective quest for peaceful co-existence in the overall interest of the nation.
PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria
This was contained in a statement titled “EndSARS- Lekki Massacre,” signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, late on Tuesday.
Ologbodiyan said, “The Peoples Democratic Party, condemns in very strong terms, the killing of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos as well as other parts of our country.
“It is shocking that security agents and, in some cases, thugs, were reportedly deployed to end the lives of promising Nigerians. This, to say the least, is saddening.
“Those responsible for the heinous murder of the innocent and harmless Nigerians must account for their nefarious acts.
“The PDP calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to these wanton killings across our nation.
- National News13 hours ago
#EndSARS: Lagos Govt Invited Us To Restore Order – Army
- National News12 hours ago
Lekki Shooting: ‘Sanwo-Olu Has Been Thrown Under The Bus By Military’ – Fani-Kayode
- News Feed11 hours ago
Court strikes out homosexuality charges against crossdresser James Brown (Video)
- News Feed19 hours ago
Hoodlums steal Obafemi Awolowo’s glasses from his statue in Lagos (Photos)
- Entertainment10 hours ago
Bobrisky Flaunts His Newly Acquired iPhone 12 Pro (Photo)
- National News9 hours ago
Fayemi Orders Resumption Of All Workers In Ekiti
- News Feed19 hours ago
After 3 Years Of Marriage, Amaka finally ‘disappoints her husband’ by cheating on him
- News Feed19 hours ago
Cyprus-bound student with 13.55kg of Cannabis nabbed by NDLEA