Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company’s 57,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in Geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer
Job Title: Graduate Field Specialist
Job: Field Service
Primary Location: Nigeria
Job Number: 1407764
About this job
Field Specialists form the operational backbone of Baker Hughes, performing skilled technical services, usually at the wellsite. Field Specialists carry out a demanding, hands-on role, often working in harsh and challenging environments, making use of all the latest technologies to deliver solutions to our clients. Field specialists lead the delivery of services and products to our clients. Field specialists work in close collaboration with our clients in offshore and onshore locations to ensure flawless and safe execution of the various services that are offered under Baker Hughes. Field Specialists will participate in the structured Field Specialist Development Program (FSDP) to quickly become competent with our technologies and processes taking them from a basic level to an advanced level in their assigned product line.
There is no doubt that the job of a Field Specialist is demanding, both mentally and physically. When at the rig site you will be required to work 12 hours shifts (day or night). You might also be required to work extra hours depending on the operational demand. Depending on your product line you may be assembling, moving and operating heavy equipment, in all weather conditions during day and night hours.
The role will require extensive time away from home to undertake training or to gain hands on experience. You may also be required to work weekends and public holidays as business needs dictate. You should expect to work in a variety of environments including workshops and on rig sites; either on land or offshore. Field specialists are expected to do a lot of travelling between their assigned operating bases and remote oilfield locations. If you prefer a typical office job with normal office hours from morning till afternoon then the Field specialist position is not the best fit for you.
The FSDP involves theoretical and hands-on learning to allow you to become a technical expert in your assigned product line. The FSDP consists of four developmental steps, the first step to be completed within 12 months. In your first year you can expect to work under supervision and to participate in instructor led training. After the first year, your progress will be self paced and you will continue to increase your technical competencies through instructor led training courses and on the job training. As you progress through FSDP you will be expected to increase your technical capabilities and work with minimal supervision as you master the delivery of basic and advanced services in your product line. Although you are likely to stay and build your career in the field, once you complete the FSDP, you can move into various roles, including field operations, technical support, application engineering, sales or management.
Key responsibilities / accountabilities
You will be assigned to a specific Baker Hughes product line whose activities may include:
intelligent production systems
reservoir navigation services
sand control systems
surface logging services
Depending upon your product line assignment, you will be involved in technical activities which could include:
Assembling and deploying downhole equipment at a base location prior to being dispatched to the wellsite. Downhole equipment may be a combination of electrically, mechanically, or hydraulically activated and operated specialized equipment
Calibrating, maintaining and troubleshooting downhole equipment in the base or at the wellsite
Setting up, operating and removing downhole equipment at the well site.
Generating technical reports and data for the client
Performing warehousing and logistical activities
Essential qualifications / requirements
You must have the legal right to work* in the country in which you apply. Field Specialists must have completed a two-to-three-year qualification in a technical or engineering- related subject in the past 36 months. Oilfield Experience is not a must.
In addition you have relevant work experience (paid or unpaid), or you are able to demonstrate practical/technical capability through internships, summer jobs or hobbies.
The business language of Baker Hughes is English, so as you progress through your career, there is an expectation that a good command of the English language may be required for you to fulfil your role effectively. English competency requirements will vary based on location and business needs.
* without company sponsorship or time restriction.
Preferred qualifications / requirements
We are looking for people who are motivated and persistent, as well as resilient and adaptable. Creative problem-solving and strong communication and interpersonal skills is also preferred.
A valid driver’s license may be required in some locations.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: email@example.com
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Entertainment8 hours ago
Regina Daniels Birthday: EVERYTHING You Need To Know
- Entertainment10 hours ago
‘My Landlady Chased Me Away And Started My Kind Of Business’ – Nkechi Blessing
- Politics12 hours ago
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari
- National News9 hours ago
Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos
- News Feed10 hours ago
Pasuma Says He Was Not Chased Out Of #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Video)
- News Feed12 hours ago
#EndSars: “I Was Paid N500 To Bring A Knife To The Protest Ground” – Man Confesses (VIDEO)
- National News13 hours ago
‘#EndSARS One Of The Most Successful Protest In Nigeria’: Lai Mohammed
- Entertainment14 hours ago
Davido Celebrates His Son, Ifeanyi On His First Birthday