Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Provide VISA’s leading Acquirers with support, from opportunity assessment to execution that will drive increased revenue and Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) through the defined Acceptance Strategy for West Africa and neighbouring countries. Success in this role will be measured by several factors including: growth in Visa revenue, VISA sales volume, growth in point of acceptance devices deployed in market, growth in geographic expansion of card acceptance and channel expansion.
2. Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
Develop and strengthen Acquirer Bank Clients through delivery of enhanced product support
· In partnership with CEMEA Business Development, support and strengthen the VISA client relationship to achieve business goals and objectives.
· In partnership with CEMEA Business Development, contribute in the evaluation and the prioritisation of Acquirer Bank requirements and opportunities to drive both volume and revenue growth.
· Contribute and support a comprehensive CRM process that includes detailed Acquiring account plans and call reporting to strengthen VISA Client relationships
Expand Acceptance into new merchant sectors
- In partnership with CEMEA Marketing and Business Development, secure the commitment of Acquirers to identify and target under penetrated merchant sectors.
- Lead the implementation of VISA’s acceptance strategy; working closely with the Acquirers to increase the numbers of merchant outlets accepting VISA cards in both new and existing sectors (e.g. grocery, petrol, utilities).
- Lead the development and execution of suitable commercial solutions to achieve acceptance growth, (as measured by number of acceptance outlets, sales volume and share of spend) in new and existing sectors.
Expand acceptance into new channels
- In partnership with CEMEA Marketing and Business Development, identify channel specific opportunities, develop an approach and formulate targets for capturing under penetrated payment channels with Acquirers. (e.g. mPOS, Kiosk, Bill Pay Portals)
- Support the roll-out of innovations within the merchant acceptance environment such as the deployment of pay Wave ( contactless) infrastructure , online authentication standards such as Verified by Visa and new security solutions that support payment security compliance
Contribute to the development of the Acceptance Marketing strategy and plans
- Contribute towards West Africa marketing plan targeted at merchants that takes into account the acceptance strategy, competitive landscape and Acquirer business objectives.
- Ensure the Acceptance marketing plan and strategy is effectively communicated to and understood by the relevant stakeholders in the sub-region.
- In partnership with CEMEA Marketing team, provide input into design and implementation of marketing and promotional activities to enhance usage and activation.
Establish and manage budget requirements for the Acceptance Development – Acquirer/ Merchant function
- Deliver detailed budgetary plans which are built bottom-up and regularly reviewed, maintaining a flexibility and resilience to cater for local market dynamics.
- Prioritise and secure the optimal allocation of budget for Bank Acquirer and Merchant related activities to support the achievement of business objectives (e.g. Marketing, infrastructure and strategy execution).
- Direct and coordinate the implementation of the sub-regional plans within the constraints of the budget.
In conjunction with the Hub based staff, manage the provisioning of consultancy, education and sales support to relationship management
- Provide professional advice and consultancy to senior level management in key client’s banks covering both tactical and strategic products and marketing aspects for Acceptance Development.
- Provide training and support to relationship management staff.
- Provide qualified sales support for individual members.
- Represent Visa by speaking at conferences and business meetings and undertake media and public relations activities.
Represent Visa at Industry forums , local payments association and merchant associations.
- Represent Visa at the respective Payments Associations in West Africa when it relates to all matters pertaining to merchant acceptance and acquiring
- Represent Visa by speaking at conferences and business meetings and undertake media and public relationships activities.
3. Strategic Nature, Mgmt Accountability, & Scope
This role will play critical role in management and implementation of Acceptance Strategy in West Africa that will require for the projects to be managed achieving the goals.
4. Decision Making & Complexity
Accountable for decision-making and implementation of the Acceptance strategy in West Africa. Individual is responsible for the production of executive management reports, briefings and other related communication products.
5. Financial & Organizational Scope
Must have superior strategic, analytical, project management and communication skills.
6. Reporting Relationships & Interactions
This individual will be expected to interact effectively will all levels of Visa management and staff. This position will involve frequent interaction and communication with key Visa acquirers.
7. Key Competencies
- Leadership Skills
- People management skills
- Superior negotiation skills leading to timely and acceptable resolutions
- Client relationship and management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and working with cross functional teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills – Development and preparation of executive level briefs
- Self-directed and motivated
- Able to work with little management oversight
- Strategic management and creative thinking
- Analytical in thought processes
8. Required Experience (education , skills – professional/technical/business)
Education : Bachelors’ or MBA economics/business or related field with marketing foundation
Skills – Professional/Technical/Business
- Retail banking/financial services sector or card acquiring business experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Strong commercial acumen with previous product line P&L responsibility is a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are needed to influence direction and change attitudes and decisions of senior level international bankers
- Strong self-management skills including demonstrable drive and energy
- Sales experience and proven negotiation skills
- Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management, including the ability to work effectively within APCEMEA, between regions and with Worldwide Services staff
9. Preferred Experience (education , skills – professional/technical/business)
Preferred Education : Graduate School/MBA
Preferred Years Experience : Retail banking/financial services sector or consumer card business
Preferred Skills – Professional/Technical/Business
1) Basic project management skills
2) Prior experience leading meetings and effectively delivering presentations to large industry audiences
3)Experience with strategic planning, creative thinking and solution development
4)Excellent time management skills and ability to achieve goals with minimal management oversight
5) Demonstrated organizational skills
10. Other Comments
Actively contribute to the development of the Products & Marketing department through sharing of information, coaching, support and on an ad hoc basis actively managing Region wide projects.
Establish, maintain and develop good relationships with Regional colleagues, management in Worldwide Services and other regions to ensure that global initiatives and best practice throughout Visa are effectively introduced across CEMEA.
As with all positions within Visa CEMEA the jobholder is responsible for the security of the Visa CEMEA environment and the physical security of all Visa property, documentation and member information.
Health and Safety
Give full support to the Company’s health and safety policy and ensure that the policy is effectively implemented and all relevant health and safety legislation is complied with within their area of responsibility and within budgeted resources.
Give full support to the Company’s business continuity policy and ensure that the policy is effectively implemented. Ensure familiarity with business continuity plans and support all relevant activity.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Entertainment9 hours ago
‘You Have Forgotten Days Your Wife Was Feeding You’ – Georgina Onuoha Drags Desmond Elliot
- Special Reports12 hours ago
Ikeja Electricity Officials Caught In Prepaid Meter Fraud
- News Feed17 hours ago
Man dumps fiancee for using N20k to buy food stuffs while he gave her N40k
- News Feed17 hours ago
Woman detained for 6days for violating curfew in Lagos (Video)
- News Feed17 hours ago
Hours after jailbreak, Edo prisoner kills neighbour who testified against him in court
- Entertainment11 hours ago
Desmond Elliot Breaks Down In Tears On Live TV Following Backlash (Video)
- News Feed17 hours ago
Desmond Elliot Acting For His Political Godfathers: Reno Omokri
- National News11 hours ago
Buhari Congratulates Oba Of Lagos On His Birthday